Sponsored

October 2021 order- 500 days of waiting // Need advice re: financing/special offer

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry I meant the OP, unless that's who you are referring to. I've heard generally bad things about Gary Yeomen but mostly for trucks that customers backed out of. I have mine with Mullinax in Apopka

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW -> Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which dealer in Florida did you order with>
I had initially reached out to Apopka but at the time they couldn't answer questions I had about the Mav and wanted a deposit, so I decided to go with Kissimmee.

Btw I was just doing some research and saw that you had made a post about a video LMA did. It was something along the lines of those with cancelled VINs being able to get original order rates. Did you ever get further info on this?

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XLT with Lux package in October of 2021 and it's now arrived!

I've been really patient and polite, even through all of the 22 --> 23 headaches. My mom just passed away and usually, I would call her for advice on this sort of thing so now I'm hoping the community can help me out. I also want to post this in hopes it may help someone else.

---

I went to the dealership for a test drive and here's the info I left with:

• Price protection/special offer
    • The original price of the Maverick at MSRP was $27,610. They said I have price protection, but that the special offer is actually a rebate. They said I'm supposed to pay the 2023 price, then the manufacturer will cut me a check afterward (more on this below).
    • They said they know I ordered in 2021 but can only find the order in their dealership system for the rollover order. They say they don't know how much the "rebate" will be, but that all of the customers who left with their new vehicles have gotten the rebate. I told them that I need more peace of mind and confidence regarding that, so I left and they're currently "working with Ford to look up the total of the rebate".
    • Pricing:
      • Price: $30,145
      • Taxes: $1,835.14
      • Tag/Registration: $480.50
      • Total: $32,574.74
  • Financing
    • They said they couldn't give me specific rates without getting my SS# and running my credit so their average rates are:
      • 60 mo at 8.9%
      • 72 mo at 9.49%
      • 84 mo at 9.9%
    • I told them I want the original financing and that I feel like I'm being penalized for having ordered nearly two years ago. They said that financing is out of their hands because they have to go by the government. I said I'd talk to my credit union, which I did.
  • Trade-in
    • They offered me $4,500 for my 10-year-old SUV. Dealers are selling that vehicle online for $9k-12k. I've gotten higher quotes so I said I'd sell it elsewhere.
---

My homework:

• Price protection/special offer
    • I called Ford and they said the special offer is that- an offer for the customer. The dealership offers a certificate. From there they take it off of the total price, then Ford reimburses them. The dealership loses no money by honoring this, as it's a profit for them.
  • Financing
    • Ford says dealerships are independent so they can make their own rates but DO have the power to honor the original rates. I have seen people on the forum who purchased recently have their dealers honor the original rates.
    • The original rates are:
      • 0% for 36 months
      • 0.9% for 48 months
      • 1.9% for 60 months
      • 3.9% for 72 months
      • 4.9% for 73-75 months
      • 5.9% for 76-84 months
    • *** If you have a recent purchase with these rates please mark out any personal info and send it to me if you're open to it! I'll bring these with me to the dealership to show them ***

Thanks so much!

Mullinax Rates:Quotes.jpeg
shop your car old vehicle around - dealers always low ball you on used car prices , don't throw a few thousand $ away by accepting it. If they don't have the original price you should have it somewhere on your original receipt - you should have a paper copy of that. I think one way or the other you'll get the difference - you just have to be persistent and pit Ford vs the dealer. As to financing that's dependent on many things including your credit score - the price of borrowing has gone up - it's unlikely the dealer would honor the old rates. Overall, you'll be fine and you'll enjoy the truck - at least they didn't add some market markup on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW -> Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry I meant the OP, unless that's who you are referring to. I've heard generally bad things about Gary Yeomen but mostly for trucks that customers backed out of. I have mine with Mullinax in Apopka
Replied to your other comment :)

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, definitely the best choices re: CU and selling my old car. Congrats to your son!

Shame there's no finance lock for the long wait... it's not our fault but 'tis what 'tis!
My incentive wasn't there... they're apparently contacting Ford "but it'll take a couple of days".
The only consolation about the interest rate jump is that you end up with a 2023 instead of a 2022 at about the same cost (thanks to the $2750). I'm in the same boat (cancelled VIN/converted to 2023). I'm at day 491... with a moving delivery date that keeps changing in March. I am bringing a preapproval from Navy Federal that is, today, 4.74% for 60 months. I WAS going to get much better..38 months at 0.0%...but for a 2022. If Ford drags its feet longer, that 4.74% is gonna be history too. Apparently the rate is effective the day they deposit the preapproval check.

And condolences for your loss.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had initially reached out to Apopka but at the time they couldn't answer questions I had about the Mav and wanted a deposit, so I decided to go with Kissimmee.

Btw I was just doing some research and saw that you had made a post about a video LMA did. It was something along the lines of those with cancelled VINs being able to get original order rates. Did you ever get further info on this?
Yeah I had a hard problem at first with Apopka as well. I would've had an order in a month sooner but I submitted the build and price online and no one called me. I finally had to call them and get them to give me someone to help.

I do not have an answer regarding the rates. I tried to get an OTD price because I have x-plan and he just said once it comes they will do all that. I also have a private offer that doesn't show and so I have a feeling it may take a day or two with them to get everything straightened out since my salesman is too lazy. I am getting a preapproval with a credit union beforehand and just plan on asking them to look at the Smart Vincent when I'm there. If they show up, great. If not, I'll stick with the credit union.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, I very much appreciate that. It's just been one thing after another.

Yep, I have my CU as a backup! Definitely going to pass on an extended warranty as well.

How did you go about doing the title/tags transfer on your own?

I agree, the paperwork is high! I questioned it and they said "The tag fee that you saw on the printout is just an estimate.. for the tag transfer.. once we transfer the tag.. the price will be adjusted".

Thanks so much for your help!
The title, tax application, etc are just money makers for dealers. I told them in advance I would do my own tag and title. No response from them. I simply took a check for $23,xxx.xx (not including the taxes and admin fees) and handed it to them and told the closing lady I'd do my own tag and title transfer. Dealer HAS to give you a "bill-of-sale" or temporary title...comes from Ford as the manufacturer. You simply take this title or bill of sale to your home state tag office and say, "Bought a new vehicle." Took 10-15 minutes for them to create/type up, a new Title with your/my name on it. At least that is how mine worked...and saved me $400.00...and I walked out their door with my new license tag.

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My condolences to you.

1. Be VERY careful about "leaving" your Maverick at the dealership while you take time to make decisions. Your dealer is SALIVATING at the thought of you backing out so they can sell for $5000-$10,000 additional. DO NOT GIVE THEM AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO!!! Get whatever financing you can this moment and then you can always refinance once the Maverick is in your driveway. (500 days of waiting....maybe you should have had a backup plan for financing tucked in your pocket when going to the dealership??). THE LONGER YOUR MAVERICK SITS AT THE DEALERSHIP......THE CHANCES OF SOMETHING HAPPENING WHERE THE MAVERICK GETS BOUGHT BY SOMEONE ELSE GROWS EXPONENTIALLY!!! Very easy for the salesman to say "He came and left without buying .....so I assumed he wasn't interested". BUY THE DAMN THING TODAY!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW -> Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title, tax application, etc are just money makers for dealers. I told them in advance I would do my own tag and title. No response from them. I simply took a check for $23,xxx.xx (not including the taxes and admin fees) and handed it to them and told the closing lady I'd do my own tag and title transfer. Dealer HAS to give you a "bill-of-sale" or temporary title...comes from Ford as the manufacturer. You simply take this title or bill of sale to your home state tag office and say, "Bought a new vehicle." Took 10-15 minutes for them to create/type up, a new Title with your/my name on it. At least that is how mine worked...and saved me $400.00...and I walked out their door with my new license tag.
Great to know, thank you! I just told a family member this information and they said "they won't let you leave without a tag though"... did they just give you a temp tag? Sorry, I'm sure this is a silly question.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is pretty simple.

FINANCING: use your credit union, get pre-approved there first. The dealer likely is affiliated with the CU and can run it through in-house. Ford does NOT offer rate protection back to time of order on 2023 Mavericks.

CURRENT CAR: sell it yourself. Take it to 2-3 local used car dealers that sell cars like that and ask them to give you a buy figure.

PRIVATE OFFER: you need to get the dealer's management working on this ASAP. If you're entitled (should be) then it is tied to your info and original order. They need to confirm before you go pick it up. Call Ford Customer Service line to see if they can dig up your Certificate Number.

You should be in great shape if you get the private offer, CU money and a fair number for your current car.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You as a Florida resident cannot do your own tax/tags on a vehicle purchased using financing in Florida.

Not gonna happen.

Great to know, thank you! I just told a family member this information and they said "they won't let you leave without a tag though"... did they just give you a temp tag? Sorry, I'm sure this is a silly question.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problem, any dealer is glad to provide a temporary tag...my temporary tag was on the truck when I arrived for pickup. Dealer had a departure check list for their and my benefit. I had them load Ford Pass and show me how to load CarPlay before leaving. Main thing the dealer wants is your check. Most dealers will beat you to death on extended warranty and have a sign off on everything you did not subscribe to.
Sponsored