First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What type of gas are you using and at what alcohol content? Try from different gas stations and recheck the results.
Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are doing primarily city driving and going up a good amount of inclines, that'll do it.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are running bigger tires which will effect 1-2 mpg alone on the size increase. Did you check the weight of them? Because heavier tires will also kill MPG. If you are running s legit AT truck tire I'd wager they are much heavier than stock. Something like wild peaks that have a AT tread but lighter build for crossovers/SUVs is really what you should be running

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does elevation have anything to do with it? Rich vs lean mixture?

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tires with better grip and traction get worse fuel economy. Need smooth rolling tires to reduce resistance.

Also, if your tires are oversized for the vehicle you're actually traveling further for each revolution. Your transmission, odometer and speedometer isn't calibrated for larger tires.the mpg estimate is going to be way off even if you manually calculate it at the pump.

Lastly, check the awd, make sure you're not running awd when you shouldn't be. That will drain mpg all on its own.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you calculating the actual fuel mileage or going by the dash? Bigger tires may make the calculation inaccurate.

Last edited:

vegman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have a 2.0t, went on a 300 mile trip, drove in ECO with cruise set at 69 MPH. The truck averaged 34.6 MPG. Maybe I got lucky and got a phreak truck, but my MPG is fantastic! This truck is a Lariat, it has the 18" tires.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of factors already mentioned that affect gas mileage, but one other thing to consider is that "conservative driving" doesn't always mean better gas mileage overall. Accelerating to your cruising speed quickly will usually yield better mileage than a very slow acceleration. I've messed around with my acceleration rate in the past from one tank to the next and anecdotally noticed a 2-3 MPG increase with more aggressive acceleration, but moderate cruising speeds.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of factors already mentioned that affect gas mileage, but one other thing to consider is that "conservative driving" doesn't always mean better gas mileage overall. Accelerating to your cruising speed quickly will usually yield better mileage than a very slow acceleration. I've messed around with my acceleration rate in the past from one tank to the next and anecdotally noticed a 2-3 MPG increase with more aggressive acceleration, but moderate cruising speeds.
I have had similar results with cars. A number of them have an instant mpg readout & that has shown me that slightly brisk acceleration is better than taking a whole mile to get up to road speed. It doesn't sound like that should work, but I think taking advantage of engine torque at a little higher rpm is the reason. I say get on it a little for a tank & see if there is a difference.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here in the Northeast, "winter mix" gasoline is responsible for as much as a 10% penalty in MPG. I almost always buy my fuel at the same place in nearby VT (cheaper gas than NY) when I'm shopping and get pretty much the same MPG on the ride home. I can notice the drop in MPG when winter gets here.

Tires make a difference too; not just size, but brand/model. I've been making the same trip each spring for 27 years. My Subaru Forester would get the same mileage each year for the first nine or ten years I owned it. After putting on my last new set of tires, Goodyear Assurance Weatherready, my mileage on that trip went up .3-.4 MPG since.

billyte

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick - Lariat Luxury/360/AWD/4KTow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20 is low and I would contact the dealer. I have awd and have been avg close to 28 with lots of highway driving. 23-25 in city likely. You running 87 or 92 gas?
87. After reading your posts I may try a higher octane. Did not know it would have such an impact. Thanks.
Sponsored