Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen a Santa Cruz in person, and it definitely is more SUV than truck, but that's what some people would be in the market for.

I did see a Maverick in person, and had my S10 parked by it. The Mav is a little beefier everywhere, but just a tad shorter in length. No it's not as small as my old 80's Toyota or my Hardbody, but still far closer to a "compact" than a Ranger or Colorado.

Yes I would also love a king cab version with jumpers instead of a full sized cab. Heck even a single cab on the short Bronco Sport length chassis could be cool - imagine a step side version!
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not small. That being said, I do wish Ford also offered the Maverick in a one and a half door version with a longer bed. Even with the tailgate down, a lot of my 12.5 feet kayak is going to hang out.
Sounds like you'll have to buy both roof and bed racks to safely transport your Kayak

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you'll have to buy both roof and bed racks to safely transport your Kayak
No. I spent too many years lifting it on top of cars and using straps. Pain in the neck and took too much time. That is why I got my Chevy Colorado back in 2012. Been using bungee cords ever since. It doesn’t move and little lifting.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. I spent too many years lifting it on top of cars and using straps. Pain in the neck and took too much time. That is why I got my Chevy Colorado back in 2012. Been using bungee cords ever since. It doesn’t move and little lifting.
Can you say hang a Red flag 🚩 off your Kayak

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Much bigger than a 1976 Ford Courier with a four-speed transmission especially on a fishing trip: adult driving, two teenagers in cab and one teenager doing the shifting in the cab
Ah yes ..... middle seat shifting duty memories 🥵😂🤣

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you say hang a Red flag 🚩 off your Kayak
I use cut up old sweat socks lol. Went from about 1997 to 2012 throwing it up on racks on top of cars and never really learned how to tie actual knots I would just make up big city freeway interchange knots, say a prayer, and hope for the best. Somehow they always stayed on lol.

Vlad_Gaming

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, 1975 El Camino
I took Delivery of my Maverick Hybrid about 10 days ago. Very happy so far. I was on the fence between the Santa Cruz and Maverick, but the fuel economy and price pushed me the direction of the blue oval. I also have an innate distrust of Hyundai, my Mom had one growing up and it always had a problem.

I enjoy the styling of both vehicles. The Hyundai is more of a modern El Camino, where the Ford is meant to look and feel like a truck. They both size up to each other well, so it really comes down to your preference and budget.

I'm seeing both regularly now on the road in Miami. Haven't seen another hybrid of the Maverick yet though.

Ford Maverick Not all that small. PXL_20220212_171434880.MP

Vlad_Gaming

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, 1975 El Camino
I've posted these pics here before but I'm going to again. Here's my Mav next to a SC.
Screenshot_20220222-201410_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-201358_Gallery.jpg
I like the front and rear/tailgate profile of the Maverick better, but the side profile of the Santa Cruz is great.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took Delivery of my Maverick Hybrid about 10 days ago. Very happy so far. I was on the fence between the Santa Cruz and Maverick, but the fuel economy and price pushed me the direction of the blue oval. I also have an innate distrust of Hyundai, my Mom had one growing up and it always had a problem.

I enjoy the styling of both vehicles. The Hyundai is more of a modern El Camino, where the Ford is meant to look and feel like a truck. They both size up to each other well, so it really comes down to your preference and budget.

I'm seeing both regularly now on the road in Miami. Haven't seen another hybrid of the Maverick yet though.

PXL_20220212_171434880.MP.jpg
The more I am seeing this color, the more I am looking it.

Sponsored
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I felt the same way, but now that I have mine and park it next to other large trucks and then small truck or SUVs, I get a better idea of what family it belongs to...

Ran into the store a few days ago to come out to a surprise visit from a Ford Courier! I would say that it is also Cactus Grey... :cool:😄 Anyway, when I was first looking for a truck back in 2011, I test drove an 80's Ford Courier that I fell in love with....My dad talked me out of it and I ended up getting a 97 red Xl fleet Ford Ranger. I loved that truck.

Anyway, looking at the Courier and Maverick side by side I do feel like there is some Courier DNA coursing through the Hybrid Maverick's veins...(or at least I'd like to think so...) I've always loved the Couriers outer tie downs and little size ...I think the Explorer Sports Trac had the tie downs. Not sure if they'd take away from the good looks of the Maverick tho. With all that said, kinda feel like I got my courier and am part of a lineage. I guess it's probably a similar feeling someone with a Santa Cruz might have if they were surprised by a Subaru Baja.
Ford Maverick Not all that small. IMG_9365.JPG
Ford Maverick Not all that small. IMG_9366.JPG
💙

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People judging the outside of the Maverick need to sit in all four seats, load the bed, learn e driving coach techniques, take it off roading and 99 other activities the truck was designed for and leave the pavement princesses (insert a Santa Cruz or Ridgeline here) in a cloud of dust.

Many people have commented favorable at the Maverick's interior space, features and functions. One of the first things I will do to my near future Maverick is an application of 303 protectant to witness the durability of the dash and door panels.

I know of a house where an F-150 raptor and Santa Cruz are parked . All I need is a Ridgline volunteer to snap pics of all four together and let the MTC render it's comments.
Sponsored