scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my 2023 AWD Ecoboost in two weeks ago for a state inspection and while I had it in I asked the dealer to look at a noise coming from the front end. I told them it sounded like a wheel bearing going bad but they told me that the tires were "chopped" from not being rotated. I only have 22k miles on it and rotated the tires per Ford's recommendation.

Well, lo-and-behold I had the truck jacked up today to do the oil change and where the CV axles meet the steering knuckle, it is all rusted. Spinning the wheel with the truck in neutral I could hear the grinding coming from the wheel bearing.

Guess the dealer didn't even bother lifting the truck up to check it. Just drove it 10 miles and called it good, hoping I wouldn't be back until my warranty was up.

Ford Maverick Noise from front end and rusty CV axles 20240301_163016

Ford Maverick Noise from front end and rusty CV axles 20240301_163035
Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rust seems to be normal for these trucks. Cv axles seem ok don’t see any damage to or grease leaking from the boots.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing as how you are concerned enough about this rust to crawl under your truck on a gravel driveway, take pictures and post them here, then a couple of cans of Rustoleum Black Rust Reformer will seal that rust and it will be inhibited. Apply 2-3 coats. After the paint cures, spray all the rusty parts, except the CV's with some black fluid film.

Living in the Pocono's it probably would not be a bad idea to get a good quality undercoating if you plan on keeping your truck for a while. Powder coating is next to worthless in a salt environment. Barely one step better than bare metal, very barely.

I have to do things like this from time to time to give my OCD its periodic fix. :confused:

Black MavRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had my 2023 AWD Ecoboost in two weeks ago for a state inspection and while I had it in I asked the dealer to look at a noise coming from the front end. I told them it sounded like a wheel bearing going bad but they told me that the tires were "chopped" from not being rotated. I only have 22k miles on it and rotated the tires per Ford's recommendation.

Well, lo-and-behold I had the truck jacked up today to do the oil change and where the CV axles meet the steering knuckle, it is all rusted. Spinning the wheel with the truck in neutral I could hear the grinding coming from the wheel bearing.

Guess the dealer didn't even bother lifting the truck up to check it. Just drove it 10 miles and called it good, hoping I wouldn't be back until my warranty was up.

20240301_163016.jpg

20240301_163035.jpg
I had the same experience on my Tremor. Left front brake backing plate/ dust shield was improperly attached at factory and was periodically rubbing against the brake rotor. Easy fix. Coincidentally, had the exact same identical issue on my Ford Bronco Sport. Same thing, dust shield, left front.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been driving a lot in my 63 years

20240301_163016.jpg

20240301_163035.jpg
I've been driving a lot in my 63 years and have never rotated a tire,so them telling you it was that is lame.following since I own a 23 also.
Sponsored