First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Maverick has 21,000 miles on it. I noticed it developed a vibration around 40 mph. I took it to a Ford Dealer and they found the CV joints had failed. They ordered new drive axles. They notified me that the axles are on backorder due to high demand. and they have no idea when they will arrive.
This must be occurring on a lot of Mavericks
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Phill Botham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

WhooHoo!! Got the call today that my new CV Axles have arrived at the dealership and can be installed on Monday!! Only two month wait seems to be faster than most. Will be nice to feel like I’m driving a new truck again.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Maverick has 21,000 miles on it. I noticed it developed a vibration around 40 mph. I took it to a Ford Dealer and they found the CV joints had failed. They ordered new drive axles. They notified me that the axles are on backorder due to high demand. and they have no idea when they will arrive.
My 2022 with 43K is in the same boat, CV axels need to be replaced, parts have been ordered. :(

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WhooHoo!! Got the call today that my new CV Axles have arrived at the dealership and can be installed on Monday!! Only two month wait seems to be faster than most. Will be nice to feel like I’m driving a new truck again.
Instead of the thing trying to shake you out of your seat? ")

Sponsored

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was it lifted or stock?

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do they replace them with upgraded Part or just a replacement of the original? There is clearly something wrong with this design as this is a reoccurring theme.

OP
OP

Rohlenroth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck is completely stock and used for transp

Sponsored

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad that they were all stock. I hope they have it fixed before I get MY24.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do they replace them with upgraded Part or just a replacement of the original? There is clearly something wrong with this design as this is a reoccurring theme.
Mine were replaced earlier this year, stock suspension. They replaced them with the same part and they are unfortunately starting to ooze grease out of the boots again.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad that they were all stock. I hope they have it fixed before I get MY24.
Don't hold your breathe. Sorry... sad but true.

Some parts it seems like the wait isn't so bad on and others they seem to conveniently "forget" about in their system. Hopefully yours will be two months (or less) as well. It took them two months to get the stuff for my airbag recall and at that point I had done the research and heard the horror stories and just told them to forget about it. Plus, they never even told me anything about the wait and outright said they won't provide a loaner - so I didn't feel bad at all.

I've been putting off changing my oil and rotating my tires but I need to get down and check my CV's too.