Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
may slip over time
i would afraid of corrosion forming over a time. if it traps dirt and moisture it will cause corrosion. i would inspect it on annual basis for corrosion
Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gentlemen's, there is a purpose for this opening! āš’ it is opened for you so you can do oil undercoating like a "fluid film" ! Ford wants you to rust-proof your fender and inspect it on regular basis if rust is forming :ROFLMAO:. find a positive side of it :unsure:
I recently applied Fluid Film on my XL EB and did find a lot of trapped leaves and road debris. Also found an unexpected hitch hiker when removing the plastic rocker panels. Glad it was dead.

Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? IMG_20221125_135233

Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? IMG_20221125_141126

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I told you so... there is a purpose of this opening šŸ˜…

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i would afraid of corrosion forming over a time. if it traps dirt and moisture it will cause corrosion. i would inspect it on annual basis for corrosion
[/QUOTE
I certainly agree with your statement and was planning on checking those areas. But I am at a loss as to why some Mavericks arrive from the factory with the insulators installed. Installing these insulators is simply an owners choice.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fellow Maverick owners- I had noticed being able to smell oil/engine bay smell(s), when opening passenger doorā€¦ come to find out the normal black foam/rubber or even insulated carpet material found on most all vehicles was missing!? This is the area behind both door hinges (driver/passenger) that is the fender to engine bay openings. I have attached a couple pictures. You can see where the insulation would attach with a retainer clipā€¦.? Is my Maverick the only missing these?, is yourā€™s missing..? Is this another cost cutting? If cost cutting, I will have to add my own, one for noise and wind and etc, but also I donā€™t want to smell or hear or feel engine bay nuancesā€¦?? Never seen this before guys? This is both sides! As you can see the washer fluid reservoir passenger side, and driver side is the sameā€¦.
13F7F05B-30FF-41F0-AFEB-A21EB07BB4B4.jpeg
A35DA9DF-3403-4E6F-89E1-1D1F04B8C970.jpeg
531D9A5B-A4A3-4CE0-B1C6-9305AD4245D1.jpeg
Anyone want to try this type of expanding foam packing material to make quick insulators? Let me know how it works, please. The safety glasses requirement is concerning.

Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? 1669831418520

Last edited:

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just checked my 29 July built Lariat. Present on both sides. I believe that these are probably present on all Cactus Gray Mavericks. The workers would have recognized that Cactus Gray buyers choosing that color were very discerning buyers with exceptionally good taste and deserved nothing but the best!!!;):D

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just checked my 29 July built Lariat. Present on both sides. I believe that these are probably present on all Cactus Gray Mavericks. The workers would have recognized that Cactus Gray buyers choosing that color were very discerning buyers with exceptionally good taste and deserved nothing but the best!!!;):D
Probably correct. HaHa. I had heard XLT and Lariats had the fender insulators. There were some XLT owners who reported that they did not have them, so maybe a Lux package item?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably correct. HaHa. I had heard XLT and Lariats had the fender insulators. There were some XLT owners who reported that they did not have them, so maybe a Lux package item?
I don't think there was ever a comprehensive accounting done of which have insulators and which not. Earlier in the thread on the part detail comments it suggested that only EcoBoost Lariats should have insulators and XLT/Lariat Hybrids.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure, but my Lariat does not have the lux package. I have a feeling that if the insulators were stacked by the line, they got put in. If none were available, they would have kept on producing. Luck of the draw??

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Mine did not and I have an XLT Lux. I had to buy them through Ford and the service depart at my dealer installed them free of charge. IMO it was a waste of money.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My ordered Lariat Lux will likely have them. If they seem to hold moisture against any metal surface, they're history.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My ordered Lariat Lux will likely have them. If they seem to hold moisture against any metal surface, they're history.
Ford's been using those foam blocks for over a decade minimum. 2012 Focus had 'em, at least on the higher trims.

If it was really an issue with retaining water, one might think someone would've made a big deal about it...

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's been using those foam blocks for over a decade minimum. 2012 Focus had 'em, at least on the higher trims.

If it was really an issue with retaining water, one might think someone would've made a big deal about it...
you do you

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine did not and I have an XLT Lux. I had to buy them through Ford and the service depart at my dealer installed them free of charge. IMO it was a waste of money.
Same here, XLT Lux Hybrid, and I do not have them (early May production time). Don't think I'll bother fussing over it. Mine doesn't even have the driver side tailgate bumper either, doesn't seem to hurt anything.
Sponsored