Sponsored

No Insulation at Fender to engine!?

BuiltFordTough?

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
59
Reaction score
60
Location
Northeast
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No one who has these from the factory can show where the white foams blocks are on their truck?
Sponsored

 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,077
Reaction score
5,573
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
No one who has these from the factory can show where the white foams blocks are on their truck?
Tell me where
And I'll take the Pic 📸 for you
When I'll get back home 🏡
 

Master Blaster

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Master
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
2,109
Location
Toronto
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 23 Lariat has it. I'm pretty sure it was not present on the lower trim levels.
 

BuiltFordTough?

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
59
Reaction score
60
Location
Northeast
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 23 Lariat has it. I'm pretty sure it was not present on the lower trim levels.
I purchased both the black insulators and white foams blocks for my XLT. I got the black pieces installed and I’m curious where the white blocks go.
 

Sponsored

Tmurfet

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Apr 17, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
35
Reaction score
49
Location
Vancouver BC
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? 20251027_144910
Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? 20251027_144928

If they are placed correctly, and the black insulators are also placed correctly, they stay in place, they are wedged in firmly. Caveat: I did install them myself; according to the Ford parts diagram they go on top of the black insulators, the top fender area looks to be designed to hold the top of them in place (in my humble opinion).
 

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,498
Reaction score
5,249
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
New can of worms…… l don’t see the white block on mine……
It's not new; that's what the previous 300 posts have been discussing. ;)

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to which trucks got the black foam fender insulation, or the white blocks. My 2023 XLT Lux had neither, but I bought them from Ford. Haven't put them in yet. Opinions are mixed on whether they actually do much, but some report improvement in wind noise etc.
 

Storm Ranger

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 12, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
107
Reaction score
161
Location
Raleigh,NC
Vehicle(s)
97 Explorer, 17 RAV 4, 22 Lariat Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
My 22 Lariat has some insulation in the opening, I add more fiberglass in plastic bags.
 
Sponsored

BuiltFordTough?

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
59
Reaction score
60
Location
Northeast
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used an app to measure the decibels before and after adding the black foam pieces. Measured on the same stretch of road, 66 dB before and 64 dB after. I was waiting to add the white blocks and measure again before calling this whole experiment a waste of time and money.
 

BK007

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
BK007
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Threads
55
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
3,598
Location
OH
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must be a cold weather package thing....:crazy:
Sponsored

 
 







Top