Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m sure this will take on a lot of critics, but seeing the details on the new Ford Bronco Raptor has cause me to ponder my decision to buy the Maverick. I have to start that my hart has always lead me to the early style Bronco. I unfortunately made the mistake of selling my 66 Bronco about 7 years ago. You might wonder why I made the error in judgement,. The reasoning behind it was I had to clear space in my two car garage for vehicles I use on a daily basis. The 66 had the 170 cubic inch motor, three on the tree, and a max speed of about 55 MPH🤗.

anyway when the new Bronco was released I wasn’t too impressed. It really didn’t represent what I had in mind, thus I with the Maverick.what would really add to my desire, If the new Raptor addition would come with a 7 speed manual. The down side for sure is cost, 70k is a huge chunk oof cash that I don’t know that I’m will to commit. That is assuming a person can find a dealer to seek one without a markup above MSRP.

just wondering what others think of the Bronco Raptor addition. I’m assuming those with a FWD or the Hybrid could not relate with this consideration do to their driving needs. This consideration is more geared to the owners that are modifying their Maverick to be more tilted to off highway driving conditions.

Im sure I will regret posting this, but it’s some I thought was worth asking.

Ford Maverick No choice, but to sell my Maverick??? D128A9E2-FF50-4ECA-8074-9ACAA3ABFE0F

Ford Maverick No choice, but to sell my Maverick??? 8CD2850C-1375-44C5-B146-D583E2BCCF7B
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Good luck, considering how it's impossible to get a regular Bronco compared to even a Maverick I can't imagine these are going to be sold without some insane ADM from dealers. I've read that some Broncos have sold for $100k over MSRP and if you order a Bronco from the factory you're lucky to get it within a year.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just sold my CJ7, very happy with the Maverick but the new bronco looks great and if I was in the market for a off road fun toy the Raptor would be on the top of my list. As too your decision are you wanting a all around great daily driver for a great price or a new toy to play with on the time off.
As for the insane ADM I'm lucky and we have none in my area. Arrow Ford is fantastic, just don't let them sell you the extended warranty

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good luck, considering how it's impossible to get a regular Bronco compared to even a Maverick I can't imagine these are going to be sold without some insane ADM from dealers. I've read that some Broncos have sold for $100k over MSRP and if you order a Bronco from the factory you're lucky to get it within a year.
Yeah, in that case there is no way I would even think about it. The year wait might not be the worst thing considering the difference in cost between the Mav and the Bronco. i know there are a lot of Mav’s sub 30k, but I’m well into the 40’s on mine making the jump not that big of obstacle.

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck, considering how it's impossible to get a regular Bronco compared to even a Maverick...
I found it so weird to see so many people complaining about not being able to get a Bronco when I saw at least two at every Ford dealer locally, despite living in a low volume area. But when I went and picked up my Maverick I checked them out and realized the issue appears to be Ford refuses to make a Bronco even approaching the baselines configuration. I checked online dealership websites and its all the same - Everyone's twice the price of the base model, even without markup.

Who's bright idea at Ford/dealerships was that? It's almost like they ran an experiment with the Bronco and Maverick, making one have mandatory options in ludicrous excess and one be made to order. Just to see what happens.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just sold my CJ7, very happy with the Maverick but the new bronco looks great and if I was in the market for a off road fun toy the Raptor would be on the top of my list. As too your decision are you wanting a all around great daily driver for a great price or a new toy to play with on the time off.
As for the insane ADM I'm lucky and we have none in my area. Arrow Ford is fantastic, just don't let them sell you the extended warranty
Great question, it would have to be more than a toy. I would need to drive it as a daily driver for at least 5 years before it was more the hobby off-roader. It would need to get in the general millage of 18-20 to work. That might not be possible with 37” tires.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great question, it would have to be more than a toy. I would need to drive it as a daily driver for at least 5 years before it was more the hobby off-roader. It would need to get in the general millage of 18-20 to work. That might not be possible with 37” tires.
With the fuel difference over a five year period, it would pay for the maverick.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
obviously you did not want/need a maverick which is a small basic utilitarian inexpensive truck if you really wanted an ultra off-road and expensive not just plain bronco but the more expensive and more off road capable raptor bronco :unsure: why would you buy maverick in the first place? i agree that bronco raptor is really bad a$$ but myself do not think these 2 vehicles are even remotely comparable to consider one or the other??? you should sell the maverick whilst you can possibly make a few extra bucks towards your new bronco & buy what you really wanted.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With the fuel difference over a five year period, it would pay for the maverick.
if I have my math correct, I drive a max of about 15K per year with an estimated 10Mpg difference between to two options. I guess that would be 150gal per year at 3.30/gal with an annual difference of about $500/year. The fuel would be only $2,500 for the total duration Of the 5 years. Now, if the Bronco only got 12MPG, your right that be way less desirable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

totally ridiculous, I’m assuming not even the Raptor since they are not expected until summer.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apples to golden oranges. I would buy the Maverick and get a 3-4 year old Bronco off lease in 5-6 years. These mark ups will be long gone and discounts back in place. Than again if you’re going to off road a maverick, I think you won’t be very happy. Just think about off roading a Ford Escape. my two cents.

Last edited:

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
1) It ain't gonna be $70k out the door

2) I am pretty baffled at how one goes from a maverick to a raptor bronco as these aren't even remotely in the same planet of need/type.

To sortof respond to the "hybrid owners will never understand thing"

I'd get it if like, you regretted not waiting for the rattler or maybe you bought a ranger and regretted not waiting for the bronco. But I will truly never understand going from budget unibody truck to a raptor.
Sponsored