Sponsored

Nightmare with Delivery of my Hybrid XLT...I'm very upset...

Tompallen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid XLT ordered 8-24-21 . Built 6-8-22, arrived in Lawrenceville, GA and was Constructively Placed at the CSX rail yard on 6-30-22 I Followed it from Mexico on the CSX tracking 800#. (which was Fun) My original delivery date was changed from 7/8 till 7/15 then from 7/16 till 8/2. It arrived at the dealer on 7/20 and I PAID for it 7/22, when I expected to take delivery. I knew it had a recall on the possible fire hazard. (which the fix is to drill holes in the under shield) (also, saw the truck in the service parking lot with the holes drilled. on 7/23) and a Stop Sale had been placed. Also, during the PDI , they discovered electrical issues. It was not into service shop till 7/28. Then, was told by service manager that the truck had total catastrophic electrical failure. Every warning light was on, and they had to order a new bolt to weld the electrical onto...?(whatever that means) ??? My sales rep has been great about letting me know whats going on. This has been going on for over 12 days now. Was told by service manager that it would be fixed by today (Tuesday 8/2 ) at the latest, AND IT IS NOT...Spoke with the Sales Manager yesterday and he said he would call me back in 20 minutes. (never did) Now today, I have not heard anything...My concern is: "Have I got the workings of a Lemon"??? I guess I better go talk to the GM and ask what kind of compensation can I expect from this situation... Any other thoughts/ suggestions would be appreciated...
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Hybrid XLT ordered 8-24-21 . Built 6-8-22, arrived in Lawrenceville, GA and was Constructively Placed at the CSX rail yard on 6-30-22 I Followed it from Mexico on the CSX tracking 800#. (which was Fun) My original delivery date was changed from 7/8 till 7/15 then from 7/16 till 8/2. It arrived at the dealer on 7/20 and I PAID for it 7/22, when I expected to take delivery. I knew it had a recall on the possible fire hazard. (which the fix is to drill holes in the under shield) (also, saw the truck in the service parking lot with the holes drilled. on 7/23) and a Stop Sale had been placed. Also, during the PDI , they discovered electrical issues. It was not into service shop till 7/28. Then, was told by service manager that the truck had total catastrophic electrical failure. Every warning light was on, and they had to order a new bolt to weld the electrical onto...?(whatever that means) ??? My sales rep has been great about letting me know whats going on. This has been going on for over 12 days now. Was told by service manager that it would be fixed by today (Tuesday 8/2 ) at the latest, AND IT IS NOT...Spoke with the Sales Manager yesterday and he said he would call me back in 20 minutes. (never did) Now today, I have not heard anything...My concern is: "Have I got the workings of a Lemon"??? I guess I better go talk to the GM and ask what kind of compensation can I expect from this situation... Any other thoughts/ suggestions would be appreciated...
Really sorry to hear about your experience. I wish you the best is this mess. What dealership did you use?

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow! Just Wow!……. I really feel for you dealing with a mess like this. Not sure what i would do but I’m sure I’d start making detailed notes cause it looks like it could get to the lemon status real quick. Good luck!

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the electrical is the same wiring harness issue the hybrids have had (or related) then you should be fine after they get it resolved. Better at the dealer than dead on the road as others have been.

BUT, you would think new hybrids coming off the line now should no longer have the wiring harness problem.

Either way, very frustrating and sorry you had this happen when all you want to do is enjoy your new truck.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think hard about backing out if that happened to me…

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stories like this make me want to drop a a bare bones XL Eco order on My23 day 1 and see how many 22 hybrids I beat to my driveway.
Sponsored