Sponsored

New Rough Country 2" LIFT STRUT KIT FORD MAVERICK 4WD (2022-2023)

ChrisF

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone ordered this yet?
I bought it and installed it last week then drove 800 miles. Rides great and sits perfectly level.

Plus the stock struts and socks are defective imo. The rears I removed wouldn't fully extend without pulling them.

Ford Maverick New Rough Country 2" LIFT STRUT KIT FORD MAVERICK 4WD (2022-2023) 20221203_123030
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bought it and installed it last week then drove 800 miles. Rides great and sits perfectly level.

Plus the stock struts and socks are defective imo. The rears I removed wouldn't fully extend without pulling them.

20221203_123030.jpg
Nice, but we are gonna need more pics, and video action shots, preferably off pavement.:)

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20221203_123030.jpg
Thanks for the initial review. How off was the alignment? Definitely need more pics from side front and rear. For some reason it looks like more than a 2" lift. Are you running the stock 235/65R17 Falkens?

ChrisF

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the initial review. How off was the alignment? Definitely need more pics from side front and rear. For some reason it looks like more than a 2" lift. Are you running the stock 235/65R17 Falkens?
To my surprise I needed no alignment thankfully. I stopped in for one and they pulled it in, then pulled it back out almost immediately. He said it's spot on.

I should have mentioned I've upgraded the rear sway bar and strut tower brace as well. Steeda built a very solid adjustable swaybar, and the tower brace is nice and works great but you could make your own fairly easy.

As far the tires they are the stock first edition set that came with the truck. Falken at3's.

The truck is clearly higher than a 2" lift like you noticed. I mentioned this in anther thread, but I think Rough Country was being modest about the overall lift height. Unless I've installed it incorrectly as the directions were vague with badly taken black and white pictures that must have been taken during a power outrage. I gained around 3.5 up front and 2.5 in back.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To my surprise I needed no alignment thankfully. I stopped in for one and they pulled it in, then pulled it back out almost immediately. He said it's spot on.

I should have mentioned I've upgraded the rear sway bar and strut tower brace as well. Steeda built a very solid adjustable swaybar, and the tower brace is nice and works great but you could make your own fairly easy.

As far the tires they are the stock first edition set that came with the truck. Falken at3's.

The truck is clearly higher than a 2" lift like you noticed. I mentioned this in anther thread, but I think Rough Country was being modest about the overall lift height. Unless I've installed it incorrectly as the directions were vague with badly taken black and white pictures that must have been taken during a power outrage. I gained around 3.5 up front and 2.5 in back.
If you gained 3.5” up front there is something wrong (and it may be the lift itself). The CV joints aren’t designed to work at such a steep angle created at those lift amounts.

Also, it's extremely unlikely the alignment would have been so much out of spec from the factory for it to be spot on after installing the lift. The camber wold have been very bad factory if so.

Something just doesn't seem right with this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisF

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you gained 3.5” up front there is something wrong (and it may be the lift itself). The CV joints aren’t designed to work at such a steep angle created at those lift amounts.

Also, it's extremely unlikely the alignment would have been so much out of spec from the factory for it to be spot on after installing the lift. The camber wold have been very bad factory if so.

Something just doesn't seem right with this.
Everything's been checked over the angel is fine. In all fairness my front struts were toast and I could visually tell the truck had gotten lower in the front since I bought it. 65,000 miles is all I has on it but I have no idea what they were supposed to be good for.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Everything's been checked over the angel is fine. In all fairness my front struts were toast and I could visually tell the truck had gotten lower in the front since I bought it. 65,000 miles is all I has on it but I have no idea what they were supposed to be good for.
You must have gotten the first first first edition and the struts were pulled off an escape because they didnt have the mavs developed yet lol. There is also settling to happen still, could drop an inch after a lil wheeling. When ever I do a suspension change or really any suspension work I go to a good spot that will fully flex out most anything at every corner. Then I come home a retorque. As they say on tv "just set it and forget it". That process usually settles things good. I guess its time to go wheeling a little and get them action shots eh;)?

Funny thing about the Tremor shocks, production started on em like this last week. The shocks were only finished being developed this summer. And by september i think Ford had only ordered a small run of em. So it is possible with all the delays and supply chain stuff that you got a early sub par set of struts depending on alot of factors. Maybe they were standard hybrid units? Who knows.

But you are riding high now!

ChrisF

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must have gotten the first first first edition and the struts were pulled off an escape because they didnt have the mavs developed yet lol. There is also settling to happen still, could drop an inch after a lil wheeling. When ever I do a suspension change or really any suspension work I go to a good spot that will fully flex out most anything at every corner. Then I come home a retorque. As they say on tv "just set it and forget it". That process usually settles things good. I guess its time to go wheeling a little and get them action shots eh;)?

Funny thing about the Tremor shocks, production started on em like this last week. The shocks were only finished being developed this summer. And by september i think Ford had only ordered a small run of em. So it is possible with all the delays and supply chain stuff that you got a early sub par set of struts depending on alot of factors. Maybe they were standard hybrid units? Who knows.

But you are riding high now!
The build date was September 21st, 2021. I mentioned the possibilities of exactly that with some buddies that "helped" me install the lift. They could very well have used a different set up on mine like you said from an escape with it being built somewhat early.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The build date was September 21st, 2021. I mentioned the possibilities of exactly that with some buddies that "helped" me install the lift. They could very well have used a different set up on mine like you said from an escape with it being built somewhat early.
Are you planning on going with larger tires? It's really hard to get a sense of the lift with the upgraded "stock" tires with the photo you have, any chance you could post photos from the side? I wouldn't feel comfortable going with that much of a lift if it really is closer to 3+ inches which is solidifying my thought of going with the Eibach lift springs.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are you planning on going with larger tires? It's really hard to get a sense of the lift with the upgraded "stock" tires with the photo you have, any chance you could post photos from the side? I wouldn't feel comfortable going with that much of a lift if it really is closer to 3+ inches which is solidifying my thought of going with the Eibach lift springs.
One thought and granted it raises costs but maybe you could recoup that a bit on resale. But in theory one could put eibach front springs on those rough country struts, for a custom tuned lift. You get the better rough country dampners that way. Then resell the RC springs. But that would really make you an official "4x4 builder".

Sponsored

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You can get the bottom of wheel to fender measurements and I can compare them to 2" heights to see if you are indeed 1.5" off.

Will also need the wheel OD for comparison.

*measurements need to be taken on a flat level surface.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any more news from other installs? Also would love to see more photos and links to the Steeda parts that the other poster installed.

I'm interested to see how this compares to the Flatout kit. The cost difference is pretty huge. I know the quality won't be the same as the other kit but for those looking for a more budget option this looks pretty good.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed this. Super easy install. Really like the results and the ride quality.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any more news from other installs? Also would love to see more photos and links to the Steeda parts that the other poster installed.

I'm interested to see how this compares to the Flatout kit. The cost difference is pretty huge. I know the quality won't be the same as the other kit but for those looking for a more budget option this looks pretty good.
Big difference beside price and quality between the two would be adjustability. RC kit has none, I believe all FlatOut kits are adjustable for ride height, are rebuildable and have at minimum rebound adjustment. None of those are true for the RC kit. It's like comparing a Maverick Tremor to a FWD ecoboost XL.

That being said, since I won my fantasy football league and didn't want to spend all of my winnings but wanted a mild lift I ordered the RC strut kit which should be here tomorrow. I also ordered some adjustable rear camber arms to make sure I'm within factory alignment specs and get good tire wear. I'm going to plastidip the whole RC kit black since I don't like the silver and install everything probably next weekend. I'm also going to install an air lift helper spring kit to possibly help make up for softer rear springs and the 4k tow package.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost