First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rough Country teasing a photo of a 2” lift kit for the Maverick. As of this posting, their website has not been updated to reflect pricing, availability or any further details.

Ford Maverick 2” Lift Kit from Rough Country 68954A2D-525E-4E66-9B63-36437D488D52
Sponsored

MavMaxKC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Be interesting to see what components are used. Did they up the tire size from the 1" front level pic? 235/65r17?

ARoughLanding

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2016 Ford Escape
Rough Country teasing a photo of a 2” lift kit for the Maverick. As of this posting, their website has not been updated to reflect pricing, availability or any further details.

68954A2D-525E-4E66-9B63-36437D488D52.png
lol I made the cut as the top comment in the Facebook post.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess it’s good they are to market as I’m sure this will fit well within the budget for some. However, there’s a reason it’s only $200. Their products are a hard no for me.
Bad experience with their product?

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bad experience with their product?
Not myself. I went with another company after reading all the negative reviews on their products in the Bronco Sport forums. I also don’t like how you have to grind down factory suspension parts to make them fit. But I guess that’s how they get to their price points.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not myself. I went with another company after reading all the negative reviews on their products in the Bronco Sport forums. I also don’t like how you have to grind down factory suspension parts to make them fit. But I guess that’s how they get to their price points.
I know absolutely nothing about lifts but grinding down factory suspension doesn’t sound good to me either.

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
Well not at all trying to belittle you, but if you understood what the propose of grinding the inside corner of the bottom of the strut, you wouldn't even add that to this conversation. Any other company that is claiming 2" lift without grinding the same spot, obviously doesn't care if your truck gets messed up. Rough Country obviously cares that there isn't any inadvertent damage caused by their kit.
Oh and before you call me some Rough Country fanboy or something, keep in mind i have never purchased a single one of their products. But i have been building cars/trucks, and other off-road. This is my 9 sec Willys, that i currently do drifting with, that i built from ground up. I have built lots of other things, on road and off-road, just don't have any pictures on my work computer.
Ford Maverick 2” Lift Kit from Rough Country HotRod drag-weekend 2

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well not at all trying to belittle you, but if you understood what the propose of grinding the inside corner of the bottom of the strut, you wouldn't even add that to this conversation. Any other company that is claiming 2" lift without grinding the same spot, obviously doesn't care if your truck gets messed up. Rough Country obviously cares that there isn't any inadvertent damage caused by their kit.
Oh and before you call me some Rough Country fanboy or something, keep in mind i have never purchased a single one of their products. But i have been building cars/trucks, and other off-road. This is my 9 sec Willys, that i currently do drifting with, that i built from ground up. I have built lots of other things, on road and off-road, just don't have any pictures on my work computer.
HotRod drag-weekend 2.jpg
I’ve installed a lot of suspension components in my days and while I haven’t installed a 2” lift on my Maverick, I have installed a 1” lift from another company on mine. It strikes me as quite odd their kit requires you to grind away at the bottom of the strut tower. That also doesn’t address the list longer than Santa’s of all the subpar reviews of their products across other platforms.
Nevertheless, I’m sure this kit will fit someone else’s needs between amount of lift and/or budget, so it’s good there are other options.

Sponsored

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Spacer kits are pretty hard to screw up. Grinding away at parts is not unusual when you are lifting a vehicle. RC has engineers that review the process. The lift in my 1500 Ram required a lot of cutting of factory components and it is a Zone/BDS product. RC builds budget lifts this is true, however, it is the style of lift that you need to be aware of. These are spacer kits and they will all perform the same. If Bilstein or Fox comes out with a lift shock you will be better off with those products but they will cost a lot more. If anyone produces a true lift kit it will require a lot more fabrication/cutting, however, if successful will be the best kit to buy. Again you will start looking at thousands of dollars at that point and not $200. If you just want your truck to look a little more aggressive the spacer kits do this well with the added risk of pre mature CV joint wear and possible ride quality. The brand in this case has little to do with it.

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
I’ve installed a lot of suspension components in my days and while I haven’t installed a 2” lift on my Maverick, I have installed a 1” lift from another company on mine. It strikes me as quite odd their kit requires you to grind away at the bottom of the strut tower. That also doesn’t address the list longer than Santa’s of all the subpar reviews of their products across other platforms.
Nevertheless, I’m sure this kit will fit someone else’s needs between amount of lift and/or budget, so it’s good there are other options.
In my (years of building off road suspension systems) opinion, this kit is better engineered then all the other kits I've seen so far for the maverick. Without going into extreme detail, ill explain so you can hopefully understand.

-First, I will Just putting this out there now, I do not like all the products that Rough Country makes, but some of there products are top notch. Reviews are just peoples opinions. No offence, but most people don't have a damn clue about what their talking about. Most are just keyboard warriors, with little to no experience understanding and designing suspension systems, or anything for that matter. How many times, have you gone back onto a companies website and gave a good review about something you bought, versus the amount of times you have gone on and wrote a bad review?

-Next, the whole "grind away the strut tower" is not that at all. The fact you are attempting to make some big grandstand against it, is very misleading, and quite frankly an unfair statement. You literally have to take like .120"-.200" off "excesses" material off. This is for what i can assume, allow clearance for the CV boot at full droop. I would honestly imagine, that other brands of OEM style replacement struts down the road, might not have to be clearanced for this, just depends on how that strut manufacture lines the bottom of the spindle clamp to the strut body.

-Next, If you understand suspension geometry throughout the travel cycle works, you would know throwing a huge (IMO) 2"+ spacer on top of the strut is a terrible idea. Buy doing this, you effectively are make the strut longer, therefore moving the travel cycle "down" away form the mounting points. This will allow the suspension to droop beyond what it was designed to do, therefore, putting more CV angle then what im sure is a "ideal" or "safe" range. This will lead to CV failures from excess heat being generated and breaking down the grease that lubes the joint. (We have these issues on the RZR's with long travel, or suspension the extends the wheels base.) This RC kit, only uses a smaller 1' strut spacer, and a spring "preload" spacer. This preload spacer adds lift without changing the cycle of the strut. There are "drawback" of doing this also, in the interest of full disclosure, of which one is it will make the vehicle ride a small amount "stiffer" feeling, or even "springy" feeling, if the rebound valving of the strut isn't adequate for this load. Another draw back, is, if you get the preload spacer too big, you could inadvertently cause spring binding, WHCH IS VERY BAD. I would imagine based of the picture of this kit, it appears that the preload spacer is not tall enough to cause this.

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my (years of building off road suspension systems) opinion, this kit is better engineered then all the other kits I've seen so far for the maverick. Without going into extreme detail, ill explain so you can hopefully understand.

-First, I will Just putting this out there now, I do not like all the products that Rough Country makes, but some of there products are top notch. Reviews are just peoples opinions. No offence, but most people don't have a damn clue about what their talking about. Most are just keyboard warriors, with little to no experience understanding and designing suspension systems, or anything for that matter. How many times, have you gone back onto a companies website and gave a good review about something you bought, versus the amount of times you have gone on and wrote a bad review?

-Next, the whole "grind away the strut tower" is not that at all. The fact you are attempting to make some big grandstand against it, is very misleading, and quite frankly an unfair statement. You literally have to take like .120"-.200" off "excesses" material off. This is for what i can assume, allow clearance for the CV boot at full droop. I would honestly imagine, that other brands of OEM style replacement struts down the road, might not have to be clearanced for this, just depends on how that strut manufacture lines the bottom of the spindle clamp to the strut body.

-Next, If you understand suspension geometry throughout the travel cycle works, you would know throwing a huge (IMO) 2"+ spacer on top of the strut is a terrible idea. Buy doing this, you effectively are make the strut longer, therefore moving the travel cycle "down" away form the mounting points. This will allow the suspension to droop beyond what it was designed to do, therefore, putting more CV angle then what im sure is a "ideal" or "safe" range. This will lead to CV failures from excess heat being generated and breaking down the grease that lubes the joint. (We have these issues on the RZR's with long travel, or suspension the extends the wheels base.) This RC kit, only uses a smaller 1' strut spacer, and a spring "preload" spacer. This preload spacer adds lift without changing the cycle of the strut. There are "drawback" of doing this also, in the interest of full disclosure, of which one is it will make the vehicle ride a small amount "stiffer" feeling, or even "springy" feeling, if the rebound valving of the strut isn't adequate for this load. Another draw back, is, if you get the preload spacer too big, you could inadvertently cause spring binding, WHCH IS VERY BAD. I would imagine based of the picture of this kit, it appears that the preload spacer is not tall enough to cause this.
You seem to be taking the position that I’m bashing RC. I was the one who posted this thread, letting people know they were working on a kit and it would be to market soon. I think competition and options are great. I also gather from this and other threads your desire to let people know you’re very well versed in the automotive aftermarket and modifications, which I have no reason, based on your responses, to refute.

However, I also note that you are new here. This is one of the strangest automotive forums I’ve ever been a part of, and I’ve been a part of a lot, some of which were quite odd. A lot of people here are not knowledgeable about these parts and these companies that have been around for a long time. This is a place where people ask almost daily if changing lightbulbs will void their warranty. I simply wanted to point out that products from RC have seen a lot of sour reviews from a platform that shares the same chassis as the Maverick. There are plenty of positive reviews out there from other users utilizing other kits, I find that sticking point of yours to be a bit moot. I also am confident that many people do not read instructions prior to purchasing and would be willing to bet that, given this crowd, if they knew they had to grind off edges of their struts they would reconsider their purchase. I didn’t try and make that point any larger than it is, grinding down of factory parts is required.

I’m sure RC will will sell plenty units of this kit, I have no doubts. Just wanted to bring some of those other points to light that people may not be familiar with.

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
You seem to be taking the position that I’m bashing RC. I was the one who posted this thread, letting people know they were working on a kit and it would be to market soon. I think competition and options are great. I also gather from this and other threads your desire to let people know you’re very well versed in the automotive aftermarket and modifications, which I have no reason, based on your responses, to refute.

However, I also note that you are new here. This is one of the strangest automotive forums I’ve ever been a part of, and I’ve been a part of a lot, some of which were quite odd. A lot of people here are not knowledgeable about these parts and these companies that have been around for a long time. This is a place where people ask almost daily if changing lightbulbs will void their warranty. I simply wanted to point out that products from RC have seen a lot of sour reviews from a platform that shares the same chassis as the Maverick. There are plenty of positive reviews out there from other users utilizing other kits, I find that sticking point of yours to be a bit moot. I also am confident that many people do not read instructions prior to purchasing and would be willing to bet that, given this crowd, if they knew they had to grind off edges of their struts they would reconsider their purchase. I didn’t try and make that point any larger than it is, grinding down of factory parts is required.

I’m sure RC will will sell plenty units of this kit, I have no doubts. Just wanted to bring some of those other points to light that people may not be familiar with.
Being completely honest with you, i may have misunderstood you, but i did actually think you were bashing RC. If you were not, i was wrong, and i take full responsibility in the mis-understanding, and for that i sincerely apologize.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
HotRod drag-weekend 2.jpg
First of all, that's fucking awesome

Second of all, it kinda seems like a spacer kit is just a dumb idea and we should be buying springs instead
Sponsored