Sponsored

New Rough Country 2" LIFT STRUT KIT FORD MAVERICK 4WD (2022-2023)

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Their shocks are usually a little bit of an upgrade over stock. I would say that they will be close to what the Tremor has on it, probably without the internal bumpstop valving. I do know that their spacer and shock matched kits are usually pretty good. My brother in law has a 2 inch kit on his WJ and now fits 245/75r16 Falken AT. Its been on there for over a year with no issues.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know what the travel is on the stock strut? Here is what RC says the travel is on their new one.
Extended Length (in)24.21
Collapsed Length (in)16.69

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone know what the travel is on the stock strut? Here is what RC says the travel is on their new one.
Extended Length (in)24.21
Collapsed Length (in)16.69
I swear I heard something along the lines of 6.something something.

I have concerns that the rear is not a full 2". Seems like it might be a un-level kit. Seriously whats the point in making a 1" rear spring. Anyone who wants this kit will have to get a small spacer to add to the rear to make a true 2" lift kit.

Sponsored

isuelt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2004 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered it Friday morning it just arrived Today (Sunday), I am not sure when I will have the time to put it on but I might end up letting my dealer install it if they can fit me in soon.
I was really close to buying the Eibach springs or the Fordranger lifts kit, but I saw this just released and it seems like a really good deal I guess time will tell.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you measure how long the spacers are for the trailing arm drop? This should indicate how much lift the kit provides for the rear. Their website doesn't say.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you measure how long the spacers are for the trailing arm drop? This should indicate how much lift the kit provides for the rear. Their website doesn't say.
Yeah it just says it "levels" the truck. Hopefully not with the Carolinas :ROFLMAO:

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really wish Rough Country would have this on their Black Friday.

Sponsored

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick New Rough Country 2" LIFT STRUT KIT FORD MAVERICK 4WD (2022-2023) 1669241754226

I compared the bolts for the trailing arm spacer on the strut lift (left) verses the spacer lift (right). As you can see, they have the same amount of threads. Therefore, the rear lift should be the same same, I believe. Note, the two pictures are not to scale. Each are different angles, so you can't compare.

Last edited:

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I ordered it. I'll let you know what my thoughts are.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I ordered it. I'll let you know what my thoughts are.
Looking forward to your assessment. In looking over the kit it almost looks like the springs on the front struts are shorter than the factory springs which to me would indicate the possibility of less travel. Maybe you could compare a factory strut next to a RC strut and take a photo. Also looking forward to your review. Are you installing yourself or having someone else install?

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to your assessment. In looking over the kit it almost looks like the springs on the front struts are shorter than the factory springs which to me would indicate the possibility of less travel. Maybe you could compare a factory strut next to a RC strut and take a photo. Also looking forward to your review. Are you installing yourself or having someone else install?
That would be very disappointing if it ends up being true. I’ll be installing it myself, so can take plenty of measurements.

ChrisF

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Opinions about the new Rough Country LIFT STRUT KIT?
I currently have the Rough Country 2 inch lift kit. Will it be worth the change?

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-leveling-kit-51364.html

1668465390633-png.png
If
I currently have the Rough Country 2 inch lift kit. Will it be worth the change?

Ford Maverick New Rough Country 2" LIFT STRUT KIT FORD MAVERICK 4WD (2022-2023) 1668465390633-
I installed this lift last week and drove 800 miles since. It's worth the money, I had the first version they put out. My stock rear socks did nothing... I could push them in without effort and they would think before moving back but would never fully extend on there own. You should change these rear shocks, the new lift does this.

You should be aware this lift is taller. I gained another inch in the font and rear over version 1. I think they may have been modest about the true specs of the lift. Or there's a possibility I did something incorrect and it could fail.

The ride quality is amazing and in my opinion it's smoother than the stock suspension.

Ford Maverick New Rough Country 2" LIFT STRUT KIT FORD MAVERICK 4WD (2022-2023) 20221203_123030
Sponsored