207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed a Rough Country 2” lift in my awd 2.0 xl Maverick. I’m experiencing a slight wobble when accelerating. Seems to only happen around 10-25mph and feels like it’s only on the driver’s side. There seems to be some play in the CV axel on the driver’s side. I never loosened the axel nut and it’s tight after checking it. I’ve also checked all hardware removed when I was putting the lift on and it seems tight. Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestions?

On a side note, it seems like there are two versions of the Rough Country lift. Version 1 is the one I put on, except the plate for the top of the strut is metal on mine and it looks like it’s plastic in the pic on the site. Version 2 seems to have the metal plate that I have and metal spring spacers. Rough Country states that they have only made one version of the kit. You can see version 2 in this video as well. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Proper alignment after lift?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Return it and get something worth installing. There's a reason why those are 2-3X cheaper than all the others.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed a Rough Country 2” lift in my awd 2.0 xl Maverick. I’m experiencing a slight wobble when accelerating. Seems to only happen around 10-25mph and feels like it’s only on the driver’s side. There seems to be some play in the CV axel on the driver’s side. I never loosened the axel nut and it’s tight after checking it. I’ve also checked all hardware removed when I was putting the lift on and it seems tight. Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestions?

On a side note, it seems like there are two versions of the Rough Country lift. Version 1 is the one I put on, except the plate for the top of the strut is metal on mine and it looks like it’s plastic in the pic on the site. Version 2 seems to have the metal plate that I have and metal spring spacers. Rough Country states that they have only made one version of the kit. You can see version 2 in this video as well. Anyone else notice this?
Yes as asked below you need to have your front end Alignment done if you didn't already that's your problem

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There was a guy out here who had some rattles and it just needed a good alignment. Until you get in there try and rotate your tires to rule out tire issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: had suspicions of a bad upper CV joint. Took it to a ford dealer and they confirmed. The lift voided the warranty. Looks like I’ll be pulling the lift until something better comes out that keeps the axel angle in the same position

OP
OP

207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are a few videos that show movement and the clunking noise I'm experiencing. The first two are a comparison in movement of the inner CV (where it connects to transmission). The Driver's side (where I'm experiencing the clunking noise and wobble) and the passenger side (with no noise or wobble). The last three are me pulling on the top of the tire (12 o'clock) with my foot at the bottom of the tire (6 o'clock). When I do the same on the passenger side, I do not get any movement or noise.

Driver's side inner CV moving up and down, side to side.

Passenger side inner CV moving up and down, in and out.

Driver's side inner CV. Foot at 6 o'clock, pulling back on tire from 12 o'clock.

Driver's outer CV. Foot at 6 o'clock, pulling back on tire from 12 o'clock.

Driver's side (closer look). Foot at 6 o'clock, pulling tire from 12 o'clock.
Sponsored