Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First of all, that's fucking awesome

Second of all, it kinda seems like a spacer kit is just a dumb idea and we should be buying springs instead
As noted in another thread comparing the two options, there are pros and cons to each. This is just cheap and what's available now. The Maverick is a very new platform and it seems sales will be great, lots of aftermarket options will come. Many people (myself included) just get antsy and can't fathom leaving a vehicle completely factory. Haha.
Sponsored

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
First of all, that's fucking awesome

Second of all, it kinda seems like a spacer kit is just a dumb idea and we should be buying springs instead
I actually agree with this. Or a new replacement strut, kind of like the Bilstein 5150, with the adjustable spring perch locations that change the preload on the spring. But as i stated before, the RC kit comes with a spacer that "preloads" the spring, therefor lifting the truck. Not sure how much lift would be achieved just installing the spring "preloader" and not installing the upper mount spacer. It looks like the 4WP kit does the same.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
As noted in another thread comparing the two options, there are pros and cons to each. This is just cheap and what's available now. The Maverick is a very new platform and it seems sales will be great, lots of aftermarket options will come. Many people (myself included) just get antsy and can't fathom leaving a vehicle completely factory. Haha.
I feel that, I am someone that likes a small lift on a truck and I would do spacers on something older probably but I'd be way too antsy with screwing up the cv joints on a new car.

Seems like the downsides to spacers are costly and frustrating.

Artopure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lariat f150, And a 2022 maverick on order
I have a 2" RC level on my f150, and I have no complaints. However, when I get my maverick I would rather not go the hockey puck route. Just wait a few months and there will be more options out there for us. Ideally something adjustable;)

gagonoy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, FX4 package.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
is any getting a rattling or squeaking noise in the back end while going over pot holes after the 2 inch install? I noticed the sound after awhile. I noticed it didn't make that sound when my old tires were in the bed of the the truck.

I have a feeling that during the install they loaded up my old tires in the bed of the truck and then did the work on spacers on the rear end of the truck.

Also I still have to get an a "alignment" done on the truck after lift and bigger tires. The Ford dealership said they couldn't do the alignment because of the modifications, so I made an appointment with a specialty shop for the alignment.

gagonoy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, FX4 package.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So update on this. None of the Ford dealerships on OAHU was able to do an alignment, after my 2 inch lift and upgraded tires. At least Windward Ford gave me a recommendation to go yo A1 alignment in Kalihi. They said these guys specialize in off-road modefied trucks. It cost me $100, which wasn’t too bad.

As for the rattling sound, I took it back to Chance Customs and they called Rough Contry for there suggestions. All they had to to was drop everything back down and tighten up each side, a little at a time, instead of tightening up one side, all the way up all at once.

What had happend was that one side was tightened all the way up first and it ended up not being even and not flush on the left and right shocks. So once they loosened both sides all the way and tightened up each side a little at a time so that both sides were even, everthing was good to go and no more sound.
Sponsored