First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to be connected to a strong wi-fi signal. It will take several minutes to actually start downloading.
I had this happen to me several times and it never did begin to download. Every time I have updated my truck I have had to find a place with a strong cell signal (think 5 bars of 5G) and low surrounding interference, such as a public park, to get it to go. The other side of the equation is Ford's servers seem to be inundated but they seem to be freeing up a bit now - and that is probably why many of us were recently able to get the update to go through.
Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this happen to me several times and it never did begin to download. Every time I have updated my truck I have had to find a place with a strong cell signal (think 5 bars of 5G) and low surrounding interference, such as a public park, to get it to go. The other side of the equation is Ford's servers seem to be inundated but they seem to be freeing up a bit now - and that is probably why many of us were recently able to get the update to go through.
I'll modify my statement to say "strong data connection". I did mine over wi-fi, 200+Mbps, parked about 6 feet from the router.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Webbee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My issues were, unresponsive while using Android Auto, it would take 4-6 tries to get back to the radio so I could change the station, Messenger same thing, Amazon Music wouldn't stop, pause, next, which are bad things because this is very distracting and unsafe.
This update fixed all this and works well sitting in the driveway. I took to the road and everything is now working as it should. Lets hope this continues because that was very frustrating. I also change some settings so when I plug my phone in it doesn't go right to Android Auto right away. I didn't see this setting before and I prefer this. Sometime having everything automatic isn't always the best in my opinion.
BTW the download and install took a very long time. 2 hours or so :mad:

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My issues were, unresponsive while using Android Auto, it would take 4-6 tries to get back to the radio so I could change the station, Messenger same thing, Amazon Music wouldn't stop, pause, next, which are bad things because this is very distracting and unsafe.
This update fixed all this and works well sitting in the driveway. I took to the road and everything is now working as it should. Lets hope this continues because that was very frustrating. I also change some settings so when I plug my phone in it doesn't go right to Android Auto right away. I didn't see this setting before and I prefer this. Sometime having everything automatic isn't always the best in my opinion.
I'm sitting in my driveway right now, download done, install nearly finished, first real update on my Mav, whole process maybe 15 minutes. I have gig speed internet, practically on top of it.

DavidM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make you all aware of the latest radio software update. I am not sure when it came out, but I usually check for updates a few times a month, so it's definitely recently released. I have only had it installed for a day now. So far everything is working perfectly, no more popping noises in the speakers, random signal loss, and radio signal actually seems to be a lot more stable with less interference. Attached is the pic of the software version after the update completely installed.

IMG_20230207_212301725.jpg
Does this offer the option to SAVE radio stations!?! I have 2 engeering degress and write software for a living, but I still can't figure out how the hell I am supposed to save my favorite Radio stations on a Maverick XLT!!

DavidM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the same issue! How do you get back to Audio after Apple Car Play is running!!?

DavidM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does this firmware update offer the option to SAVE the Drive-Mode!?! I want to keep in on ECO, but after the car is shutdown, it goes BACK to the Standard drive mode! It's annoying and my dealer Rep had NO clue.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sitting in my driveway right now, download done, install nearly finished, first real update on my Mav, whole process maybe 15 minutes. I have gig speed internet, practically on top of it.
Does this offer the option to SAVE radio stations!?! I have 2 engeering degress and write software for a living, but I still can't figure out how the hell I am supposed to save my favorite Radio stations on a Maverick XLT!!
I have the same issue! How do you get back to Audio after Apple Car Play is running!!?
Does this firmware update offer the option to SAVE the Drive-Mode!?! I want to keep in on ECO, but after the car is shutdown, it goes BACK to the Standard drive mode! It's annoying and my dealer Rep had NO clue.
Y'all are posting this in the wrong thread. This is a previous update from February. The newest update is G2.2.0.1

DavidM, you save stations by pressing and holding one of the preset buttons on the screen. By default, it only has 6 or 12, but you can change the settings to have more. I have 18 currently.

You can get back to audio in CarPlay or AndroidAuto by pressing the first hard button next to the volume control, it looks like a speaker icon.

Also, there is no options to save drive mode. That would not change with any infotainment upgrade.

Sponsored

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad I destroyed my hearing in the 70's at rock concerts. Kiss, stones, queen, Molly Hatchet. I think the radio sounds just fine to my 64 year old ears

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Im no audiophile, but I enjoy music. The B&O are more like BO- they stink.
I have the basic XLT Lux and it is definitely an upgrade from my ‘18 Huyndai Kona by far (which had a speaker failure under warranty)

ddeg10

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer limited, 2010 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tried to install mine a few times and it got stuck at 29 percent. The download screen went away so I thought it failed. Restarted the stereo and it appears to be the latest version listed. However no notification of update completed or anything like that.... hopefully it's all good if the version shows as the OP version?

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tried to install mine a few times and it got stuck at 29 percent. The download screen went away so I thought it failed. Restarted the stereo and it appears to be the latest version listed. However no notification of update completed or anything like that.... hopefully it's all good if the version shows as the OP version?
Dude, this is the OLD thread from February. See the new, correct thread for the latest update...G2.2.0.1 is what you want.
Sponsored