Sponsored

New Cubby hole?

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Threads
29
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,732
Location
Dallas South
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
What do y'all think, it is possible to do something with this space? Let me hear ya, what are your ideas.
Ford Maverick New Cubby hole? 1668169600783
Sponsored

 

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
ernie
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Threads
48
Messages
3,432
Reaction score
5,798
Location
ohio
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
several federal agency's just posted this photo on their wall :p
 

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
ernie
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Threads
48
Messages
3,432
Reaction score
5,798
Location
ohio
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
never, but I might mount a compressor there.
 

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Sam
Joined
Jul 3, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
866
Reaction score
3,679
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid (sold)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That particular area of sheetmetal might very well be structural in the sense that the shear strength is needed to prevent body flex. Cutting into it there could compromise that. Just a thought.
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
wax87

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Threads
29
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,732
Location
Dallas South
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
That particular area of sheetmetal might very well be structural in the sense that the shear strength is needed to prevent body flex. Cutting into it there could compromise that. Just a thought.
LOL, don't be a kill joy, just having some fun here, I was thinking it would be a good spot for a bigger inverter. It would be a short cable run to the battery (Hybrid big battery that is)
 

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
ernie
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Threads
48
Messages
3,432
Reaction score
5,798
Location
ohio
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL, don't be a kill joy, just having some fun here, I was thinking it would be a good spot for a bigger inverter. It would be a short cable run to the battery (Hybrid big battery that is)
maybe not an issue, but a compressor or an inverter might want an area with more air flow for cooling.
 

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,425
Location
Random Lake Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember in the mid 70's some of the F series had a door there with a storage compartment.
 

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
108
Reaction score
233
Location
83702
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That particular area of sheetmetal might very well be structural in the sense that the shear strength is needed to prevent body flex. Cutting into it there could compromise that. Just a thought.
Could you access it easily by removing the plastic inner fender?

Ford Maverick New Cubby hole? Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.30.10 PM
 

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
100
Reaction score
232
Location
Tn
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do y'all think, it is possible to do something with this space? Let me hear ya, what are your ideas.
1668169600783.webp
So this means the wheel well hump in the bed is a completely unnecessary waste of space? Am I crazy or is that what I'm looking at here?
 
Sponsored
OP
OP
wax87

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Threads
29
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,732
Location
Dallas South
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
So this means the wheel well hump in the bed is a completely unnecessary waste of space? Am I crazy or is that what I'm looking at here?
I have always thought that about all truck beds, especially the new Rangers. If I was any good at sheet metal I would remove that hump and put in just a little one, like half a football looking hump.
 

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
79
Messages
2,399
Reaction score
5,695
Location
Asheville, NC
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At first I laughed at the question, but then I thought of Rivian. They build a unibody truck with a gear tunnel in that area. So maybe going forward with BEV trucks we'll see more of that kind of innovative thinking.
 

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
5,761
Reaction score
7,297
Location
WNY
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this means the wheel well hump in the bed is a completely unnecessary waste of space? Am I crazy or is that what I'm looking at here?
No, because there's still suspension travel and gotta mount the shock.
Sponsored

 
 







Top