Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

5100 trouble free miles, averaging 28.5 mpg on the ecoboost. No rattles, no flutter, no sound system problem, nada.

Intercepted an inbound dealer order, no deposit just their word and mine. Sales dude texted a picture as soon as it hit the lot, took a 2-hour drive up, 61 minutes from the time I got there I left in my new Mav, MSRP plus TT&L only.

I have been all over and under this truck and the build quality is very good. Dumped the factory oil at 4000, on the non FX4 trim the underbody cover is a non issue, takes less than a minute to remove with a screw gun.

Oh, and my water bottles fit in the door....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sponsored

Skee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma
Can't offer a positive, but I'll share that I made a decision in line with the concerns you just listed. After months and months (early August order date) of being skeptical about my dealer, several times being urged to cancel the hybrid order, one time being told my Hybrid won't be built, and never getting any concrete answers, I purchased a different vehicle yesterday. Part of this decision was certainly some of the problems people have had, though I understand these things can happen with any new vehicle. All these things combined just took away my excitement about the Mav. Not going to tell my dealer though and wish I could come up with a way to dick him around like they did to me
What did you end up buying instead? Iā€™m on the fence too and just curious what other cars people are getting instead.

ccubedzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Cactus Grey XLT/FX4/4KT/CP360
I would like to advocate all of you waiting for orders, to call as many dealers in your area as you can possibly handle.

Short story about my situation. I just started thinking to myself in
mid-December that I could really use a truck. I just started finishing my basement, I need mulch and some sod in the spring, and I may get a boat to tow around to inland lakes here in Michigan.

Anyways, I did my research, decided on a Maverick, then put an order in for an Area 51 XLT. I also told my dealer to call me if any XLT, FX4, and 4K tow comes in from someone that backed out between now and the spring.

I then started reading how long it would take and grew impatient. I was looking at Coloradoā€™s and Canyonā€™s since I get a GM Employee discount, but even with that, I felt they were too big and expensive. I then decided to work the phones and call as many dealers that I could and tell them as well to call me if any trucks with my specs fell thru.

Low and behold, after waiting a couple weeks, a dealer an hour away from me called me to tell me that a Cactus Grey with all the options I wanted was in stock. I told them to email me the sticker and give me 5 minutes to read it over. Cactus Grey was one of the colors I originally didnā€™t want. However, I thought I better decide quick. I called them back and told them I was ready to give them a deposit of $1000, and they told me to hold onto it, and they would hold the truck for me without a deposit over the weekend.

I used the weekend to look at all the pictures of Cactus Grey trucks on here, and if grew on me, and I pulled the trigger and bought it Monday. Truck was at MSRP, but they charged a few dollars more for wheel locks and door guard protectionā€¦.I didnā€™t request either, but thought since I was able to surpass my long wait, waiting for my order, it was worth it.

Today two other dealers called and offered a couple trucks up as well.

Moral of the the story, if you put a couple hours in calling dealers, you can save yourself months in waitingā€¦.how bad do you want one?!?

Good luck!!

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5100 trouble free miles, averaging 28.5 mpg on the ecoboost. No rattles, no flutter, no sound system problem, nada.

Intercepted an inbound dealer order, no deposit just their word and mine. Sales dude texted a picture as soon as it hit the lot, took a 2-hour drive up, 61 minutes from the time I got there I left in my new Mav, MSRP plus TT&L only.

I have been all over and under this truck and the build quality is very good. Dumped the factory oil at 4000, on the non FX4 trim the underbody cover is a non issue, takes less than a minute to remove with a screw gun.

Oh, and my water bottles fit in the door....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Life is good! šŸ‘

mdw

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram (scrapped already)
Ordered a Cactus Gray XL Ecoboost on Sept. 1st, picked it up yesterday. Dealership was super low key, no screwing around and they let me know up front that the wait would be out of their control, which I already knew. It was built on the 19th so most of the delay was shipping. As for the truck, I've only got 100K on it... but I love it. I was burning $40/day in gas in my 2005 RAM, I'll never own another 8cyl again. My only complaint, I wish I hadn't kept the slate interior, it's already covered in sawdust after one day :)

Sponsored

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 8/6 and picked up 12/28. No markup or added BS. I was worried as all I had was an email from the sales manager saying MSRP would be honored, but it was honestly the easiest and stress free car purchase experience. It is a Hybrid Lariat with luxury package and I am loving it. Seeing 43 MPG so far and the ACC makes my commute a breeze now.
It's so good to hear that you had a positive experience receiving your Lariat! I'm so glad you are enjoying it so far!
I'm glad they had a positive experience, I really am. They ordered 8/6 and had pickup in hand by 12/28, awesome.

That being said can you address why there are June/July orders still outstanding without build dates. I had a Hybrid Lariat Lux ordered in July, nothing yet other than the original confirmation email and later the free kit for being one of the early hybrid orders. There are many others on this forum that have been waiting longer than I. While most are happy for those that got their Hybrids, it's exceedingly frustrating to be passed over by later order dates with the exact same build.

Mods, please move this to it's own thread if appropriate as I don't really want to highjack a positive experience thread. I just saw the Ford Account and thought I'd ask him/her/they/them a burning question (at least to me).

Last edited:

jeffinVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Fair. There's a good amount of them here even so. Lots of happy folks sharing mods, their mpg, and things they decide to put in the little cubby. Gotta look for them is all!
Take a deep breath and just keep in touch with your dealership. If you have a contact with a firm price you'll eventually get it. I still plan to order a hybrid in August and hopefully Ford will have addressed all the well documented problems and all the dirt bag dealerships weeded out. Your story sounds no different than others and they eventually got theirs. Good idea to take a break it bothers you that much.

Whorfff

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick , Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put a deposit on a dealer ordered Maverick just before Halloween last year. I picked it up the week after New Years weekend. It was a bit of a wait
and frustrating because the truck sat in a railroad yard less than 50 miles away for 60 days before it was shipped to the dealer. However, there was no markup and I got a $750 rebate and 0% financing for 36 months. My Maverick options fit my needs: Ionic silver, 2.0, FWD XL Moonroof, Ford360,
full size spare, sliding rear window. I got 27.5 mpg my first tankful which was all highway. Very satisfied with my dealer and the truck.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - šŸŒµ Grey
Jan 3rd took delivery of my Hybrid. No issues, not a single complaint. I purchased at MSRP, no extra anything and the truck is fantastic! Hope this helps šŸ˜

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I may need to take a break from this site. I look at it way too much already an am just reading too many stories of dealer markups, extras added to vehicles that weren't requested, things that have failed on new trucks and other dirty dealings.
I need some reassurance that good honest dealers still exist and that a Maverick purchase was a wise decision. Shine a little sunshine!
I went to a dealership believing I was going to have to give up on finding a Maverick. My other car was totaled and I needed transportation. I was considering a Bronco Sport. I tried a different dealership on a whim and I found a Maverick that someone had just decided was too dark (it was Alto Blue, which I really liked.)It was an XLT, w/Lux, SIBL, moonroof, EB w/ FWD. I would have like AWD but have been very happy with the FWD. The process went really smooth, no real pressure from finance.... they are obligated to try to add on, I get that. All in all, in the end I left happy with what I paid. I have had my truck since the first part of November and have 2000 miles on it. No problems with the truck. Very peppy and very comfortable. No complaints from me.

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Chapman Ford in Philly, ordered in August with Ed, picked it up 12/29. Honored the pricing exactly as I order it (4% under invoice), no extra fees or gimmicks. The staff was excellent to deal with and I was in and out within an hour. Hands down the best car buying experience I ever had in 20 years of driving.

And the Maverick? Worth every penny, itā€™s a great truck. Smooth, comfortable, handles great, tons of fun to drive and gas mileage is great! Also, after installing a k&n drop in air filter, the acceleration is glass smooth at all RPMs now with no hesitation, definitely easy to speed if your not careful but it makes it effortless to drive.

I honestly went into Chapman Ford expecting to be at least mildly disappointed in the truck because it felt like I ordered it a lifetime ago with how crazy the world was in 2021. I was blown away instead almost immediately and the truck almost a month later still exceeds my expectations on top of the great buying experience I had at Chapman. It was worth the wait 100%!

BobbyM

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
I ordered my Mav XL 2.0 w/ co-pilot 360 from Ed at Chapman Ford on 11/30 and had it courtesy dropped to Texas. Well the truck came in yesterday and now in the process of overnighting funds and paperwork back & forth. No price increase, 4% under invoice and of course no mark-ups or ADM's and great communication with the folks at Chapman. Couldn't be happier with experience. Took 69 days from order to delivery.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That must be a record! Congrats!

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watched @fordvideoguy on E26 live stream this evening. He put out a super ton of very positive and useful information about all kinds of Ford models. I learned more about Maverick hybrid orders, Lightening status and MY23. His podcast on the episode will be available this evening.

Thodges

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal and Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 7 months of waiting I received my Maverick on January 17. Only had 2 issues. Picked up a nail on day 3, but discount tires in Des Moines fixed it for free, and the auto door lock/unlock stopped working after a week. Apple valley ford reset the locks when I got my 245 65 r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3s mounted. Iā€™m about 2K miles in and love it. Installed a Kia auto dimming rear view mirror last weekend and couldnā€™t be happier. Looking at making a bed divider some weeken when it gets warm enough to work in the garage again.
Sponsored