First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may need to take a break from this site. I look at it way too much already an am just reading too many stories of dealer markups, extras added to vehicles that weren't requested, things that have failed on new trucks and other dirty dealings.
I need some reassurance that good honest dealers still exist and that a Maverick purchase was a wise decision. Shine a little sunshine!
Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may need to take a break from this site. I look at it way too much already an am just reading too many stories of dealer markups, extras added to vehicles that weren't requested, things that have failed on new trucks and other dirty dealings.
I need some reassurance that good honest dealers still exist and that a Maverick purchase was a wise decision. Shine a little sunshine!
Friday @2:00 DORA Honored, X-plan honored, North Country Ford MN

I did not receive one message from my dealer, always Ford, until the dealer emailed it was ready for pickup. Your initial "we got your order" from Ford is probably the most important

Last edited:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer was awesome. No games, markups, etc. Worked out details and pricing online (email), then spent maybe 10 minutes signing papers before driving away.

My truck has been wonderful. About 700 miles, and I’m happy as a clam. Great gas mileage (hybrid), comfortable ride, hauls my stuff, etc. A few very minor niggles, but no more than any other car that I’ve bought.

Edit: One thing I did right was dump the original dealer, just two days after I contacted them. They weren't willing to commit to a price until the truck arrived. Warning bells! I found another dealer who promptly put everything in writing. I'll use them for service, despite the longer drive.

Last edited:

TheFDMayor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E, 2013 Ford Mustang
Here is a positive...I am positive that I will NOT be receiving my Maverick anytime soon...😉

Deklon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't offer a positive, but I'll share that I made a decision in line with the concerns you just listed. After months and months (early August order date) of being skeptical about my dealer, several times being urged to cancel the hybrid order, one time being told my Hybrid won't be built, and never getting any concrete answers, I purchased a different vehicle yesterday. Part of this decision was certainly some of the problems people have had, though I understand these things can happen with any new vehicle. All these things combined just took away my excitement about the Mav. Not going to tell my dealer though and wish I could come up with a way to dick him around like they did to me

Sponsored

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Folks have little reason to remark that the truck is doing what it's built to do or that their dealer treated them right (majority of orders have been honored at MSRP). When you seek a gathering of folks talking about something it's more reliable to see someone complaining about something than for someone to post "just letting ya'll know the truck works!"

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Folks have little reason to remark that the truck is doing what it's built to do or that their dealer treated them right (majority of orders have been honored at MSRP). When you seek a gathering of folks talking about something it's more reliable to see someone complaining about something than for someone to post "just letting ya'll know the truck works!"
Except right now I need to hear those "good deal, love my truck!" stories for balance.

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except right now I need to hear those "good deal, love my truck!" stories for balance.
Fair. There's a good amount of them here even so. Lots of happy folks sharing mods, their mpg, and things they decide to put in the little cubby. Gotta look for them is all!

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't just sit around and moan!! Think about yourself and your new truck and start buying accessories,lifts,tires,wheels,etc. talk with others on this website who do this as well. There are folks who post on here with great vehicle ideas. Life is tough but this ain't...this is fun!!!

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat EB AWD. Couldn’t be much happier. No mark up but it wasn’t ordered either. On lot for 12 hrs.

Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most people take the time to bitch about things more than the opposite. This site is no different. Take a break, it's not like reading this forum will get your Maverick delivered faster anyway. At the very least, skip the clickbait titles and look at the pretty pictures instead.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat EB AWD. Couldn’t be much happier. No mark up but it wasn’t ordered either. On lot for 12 hrs.
Even better! A dealer that didn't mark up a truck that easily could have been as it wasn't an ordered vehicle. Good for them and good for you!

BruceTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had my cactus gray hybrid xl for 30 days. I love it. I would even pay market adjustment knowing what I know.

ItsTheMileage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape & Cruze
I will pick up my Lariat Hybrid in 2 hours, will have more to report after I get it. But my dealer has been great following up with me every few weeks to let me know the status. This is in addition to the e-mails I would get from Ford about the status of my truck. Ordered August 9th and the wait has kinda sucked but understandable since its a new vehicle. I anticipate the purchase to go smooth as its not the first time buying from this dealer. Pretty excited to get the truck and so far have been very happy with Hudson Ford in Wisconsin.
Sponsored