Zolutar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 21 Bronco Sport OB+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are good dealers out there, for sure. I will share my story, not directly related to the Maverick but....
We had 2 2017 Ford Escapes, his and hers, both 2017's, hers a SE 2L sport, mine a Titanium. After my partners SE sprung a leak, and finally was repaired we put our order in for this new 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks. They honored my X-plan, then began the wait. All along the way, they kept me in the loop, gave me my Vin when it was generated, and an eta of arrival after Fords updates of when it was built. Then in early January '21 after I was recovering from hip surgury, I got the call. It had arrived. The first Bronco Sport that had arrived in the province. Everyone was excited, drove it off the dealership showroom floor out the front door once we finished all the paperwork.

No shenanigans, all promises honored and a couple little extras to boot. My wife loves the Sport, and frankly, I do too!

Fast forward a year later, my career path underwent a change and now I can use a truck, and with fuel prices at 1.70/L (costing $85 a tank) the escape as a local runner just isn't cutting it. So I put my order in for a XLT Hybrid Maverick. (where's the Canadian Lariat Hybrid???) Anyway I knew full well that the likelihood of getting it anytime soon was nill and fully expected it to be next fall at the earliest. They again will honor my X-plan. They had an XL hybrid order buyer back out and they offered it to me which I declined, I can wait for the build I want, though was tempted to take it as an interim wait for my real prize. Then I got the expected call that it would be rolling over to a 2023, which is also no surprise, though kinda curious as to when they open the order banks for 2023, if they open the Lariat hybrid for Canada, will it bump my place in line...not sure...but we shall see.
Bottom line, very happy with the Coastal Ford group here in BC.
Sponsored

Jctmt1

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra Limited
Here is my process so far, not as bad as I thought it would be...

Lariat with 2.0 Eco boost
Alto Blue
All Wheel Drive
FX4 Package
4K tow package
Lariat Luxury
Copilot 360

Ordered: 10/15/21
Build Scheduled: 01/17/22
Build Revised: 01/24/22
Build Began: 02/01/22
Build Finished: 02/07/22
Shipped: 02/09/22
Scheduled Delivery: 03/14/22-03/17/22

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may need to take a break from this site. I look at it way too much already an am just reading too many stories of dealer markups, extras added to vehicles that weren't requested, things that have failed on new trucks and other dirty dealings.
I need some reassurance that good honest dealers still exist and that a Maverick purchase was a wise decision. Shine a little sunshine!
Awe, you want a little sunshine do you? Want a little POSITIVE, do you? I am flustered by the long wait and expected longer wait before I get my Maverick. However . . . there is a big positive for the long wait. I started setting money aside into savings once I decided to buy a Maverick. I just received my state tax refund, which shocked me big time, because it was only a few days ago I completed my tax returns. My savings account is growing considerably and will be even that much more when I receive my federal tax refund. So the point being, by the time my Maverick comes in, I will probably have enough to pay cash, bypassing getting a loan and forking out finance interest fees. At the very least, I can either get a loan with a LOW payment or SHORT term. So there is a positive for ya. More time to save up for the big purchase. If you haven't already, start stashing away any extra bucks you can. Start that car payment now, only paying yourself. Small loan or no loan is a big POSITIVE! So I hope I brought some sunshine into this forum.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are hearing a lot of "bad" coverage because that is what people do. Owners of the truck that are having a great time aren't making a lot of noise. I forget the numbers but it is something like;
  • One happy customer might tell two people about your product/service.
  • One angry customer will tell twenty people about your product/service.

Edit:

I have an XLT hybrid, Co-pilot, spray-in, smaller add-ons. It was ordered 7/9/21 and is currently in production. Short of a chip hold like some of the later orders I expect to have it in the next month.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awe, you want a little sunshine do you? Want a little POSITIVE, do you? I am flustered by the long wait and expected longer wait before I get my Maverick. However . . . there is a big positive for the long wait. I started setting money aside into savings once I decided to buy a Maverick. I just received my state tax refund, which shocked me big time, because it was only a few days ago I completed my tax returns. My savings account is growing considerably and will be even that much more when I receive my federal tax refund. So the point being, by the time my Maverick comes in, I will probably have enough to pay cash, bypassing getting a loan and forking out finance interest fees. At the very least, I can either get a loan with a LOW payment or SHORT term. So there is a positive for ya. More time to save up for the big purchase. If you haven't already, start stashing away any extra bucks you can. Start that car payment now, only paying yourself. Small loan or no loan is a big POSITIVE! So I hope I brought some sunshine into this forum.
I've been stashing too. Doubt I'll be paying cash though unless it takes a few more years to produce my Maverick. 😆

Sponsored

SaintClairMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Novi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 7 months of waiting I received my Maverick on January 17. Only had 2 issues. Picked up a nail on day 3, but discount tires in Des Moines fixed it for free, and the auto door lock/unlock stopped working after a week. Apple valley ford reset the locks when I got my 245 65 r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3s mounted. I’m about 2K miles in and love it. Installed a Kia auto dimming rear view mirror last weekend and couldn’t be happier. Looking at making a bed divider some weeken when it gets warm enough to work in the garage again.
I have issues with my auto lock/unlock as well. I need to bring it in to the dealer but u say they just did a reset and everything is good

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I may need to take a break from this site. I look at it way too much already an am just reading too many stories of dealer markups, extras added to vehicles that weren't requested, things that have failed on new trucks and other dirty dealings.
I need some reassurance that good honest dealers still exist and that a Maverick purchase was a wise decision. Shine a little sunshine!
Well, you know how it is, bad news sells. I've run into about a dozen Mavericks out in the wild just outside of Chicagoland and I've stopped each one and given them a bunch of questions and all have been friendly and willing. They all love the Mav and didn't have any problems (that they spoke of).
Yeah, the wait is wearing but once it's over I'll have the truck I've been waiting for for so long (nine months). I've not been happy about the wait but the times are pretty weird so I'll just put it down to that.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Utah checking in- LHM Super/Ford in SLC- Offered to sell @ dealer invoice (About 900 below MSRP) I signed the DORA on 8/31- Went round and round for months- Changed to a Lariat trim in October which pushed me back a couple months but we did pick up the Maverick on 6/10- They honored the DORA price- No BS, gave us a great trade in offer on our highlander and we walked with keys in about 45 minutes- It was a game of whack-a-mole for the 9 months and not sure how much they did to win after the sale support to me but getting the rig @ below MSRP with no BS was legit.

Last edited:

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have always found this forum to be chock a block full of positive stories, like the one above. I joined the forum five months after ordering to see if there was an actual factory producing vehicles, that maybe someone somewhere was actually driving. And every day there are stories of people who got their wonderful new Mavericks. There is lots of positive energy.

I learned on this forum that Ford actually produced over 19,000 Mavericks in 2Q 2022. More positive energy.

Then there are threads about how Hybrid Maverick owners are getting nearly 40 MPG! Boy with the price of gasoline at $4.75 I will really be saving a lot of money of fuel. Someday. Climate saving positive energy.

As for myself, I have a VIN number and a build date that is always three weeks over the horizon. But I am POSITIVE I will someday be an actual Maverick owner!

I know Ford loves me. They just have a lot to deal with.
Sponsored