Sponsored

MY23 XLT Packages - If I was Ford, this is what I would offer instead of the current MY22 Luxury Package

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's looking more and more likely that my order is going to be pushed to MY23. I ordered a Hybrid with Lux Package and CP360 (and nothing else) in October. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I played around with the things offered in the MY22 Luxury Package and broke them down into smaller MY23 "replacement" packages. Here's what made sense to me...

Cold Weather Package
Windshield Wiper De-Icer
Leather Wrapped Heated Steering Wheel
Heated Mirror w/Body-Color Skull Caps
Heated Front Seats

Power Package
Remote Start Key Fob
400W Inverter w/USB Console Rear
8-way power driver and 6-way manual passenger seats
LED Box Lighting

Cargo Package
Full-Size Spare (still included with Hybrid)
Trailer Hitch Receiver w/4-Pin Connector
Bed Tie Down Locking Rails with 2 locking brackets
Bedliner (of some kind)

I really considered taking off the Bedliner as part of a package. It can be easily done aftermarket. So maybe that gets pulled. Overall, what do you think?
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks reasonable to me, might help the current ordering constraints issue a little, but for me I would be checking all 3 boxes anyway. IMO there's nothing with a WOW factor in the package, I think most people would sorta expect those items in most any vehicle now days, at least I would.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great idea and make them available on XL along with stand alone cruise control

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's looking more and more likely that my order is going to be pushed to MY23. I ordered a Hybrid with Lux Package and CP360 (and nothing else) in October. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I played around with the things offered in the MY22 Luxury Package and broke them down into smaller MY23 "replacement" packages. Here's what made sense to me...

Cold Weather Package
Windshield Wiper De-Icer
Heated Front Seats

Power Package
Remote Start Key Fob
LED Box Lighting

Cargo Package
Bedliner (of some kind)

I really considered taking off the Bedliner as part of a package. It can be easily done aftermarket. So maybe that gets pulled. Overall, what do you think?
I would end up ordering all 3.

Heated seats, reciever hitch, and 400W inverter were on my short list.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a Lariat Lux, but a lot of the items are the same. Being in Florida, I have no need for heated seats or steering wheel so I would happily forgo that package to save money and time waiting. If they offered vented seats instead, that's another story.

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would have just got the power package if this was offered. The current lux package was such a great value that I jumped on it but most of it I could live without.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cold Weather Package
Windshield Wiper De-Icer
Heated Front Seats

Power Package
Remote Start Key Fob
LED Box Lighting

Cargo Package
Bedliner (of some kind)

I agree that there should be packages with just the things each buyer needs. I'm in Florida and didn't need the cold weather package, but had to take it. Also had to go for Lariat in order to get push button start, and non-cloth seats. Bottom line, with the low starting price of the Maverick, even ordering the Lariat, with lux package, (which made you also order the Co-Pilot) my OTD cost was $32.6K which was what I had budgeted for a hybrid vehicle. Also a safety package would be nice.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Cold Weather Package
Windshield Wiper De-Icer
Heated Front Seats

Power Package
Remote Start Key Fob
LED Box Lighting

Cargo Package
Bedliner (of some kind)

This looks very interesting. These packages pull apart the Lux package and divvy it up. Would these be offered in addition to Lux? Also, would the "sound deadening" windshield remain in the Lux package as temptation?

How would you expect Ford to price these? I could see that the cost of the three packages, if bought separately, would be more than or at least equal to the Lux package, alone.

A lot of different ways to market these items but they are great alternatives to Lux with all the "fluff" some see.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For XLT i would offer as least chips as possible.
Power Seat as driver seat would be the only thing i would offer.
Wouldnt offer heated seats right now. Or LED lights. but your list is good to!

OP
OP
Euby

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For XLT i would offer as least chips as possible.
Power Seat as driver seat would be the only thing i would offer.
Wouldnt offer heated seats right now. Or LED lights. but your list is good to!
My list was really just taking the MY22 XLT Luxury package and breaking it down into smaller ones. My thinking was this might save chips on some orders.

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the trend is to have for the future retail orders driving sales it makes sense to have an even more refined selection for the options.
to the extreme of having no packages at all but a long list of individual items to pick from.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
A different
PowerPackage:
How about an FX4/Towing Package with the 2.3EB😉

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the trend is to have for the future retail orders driving sales it makes sense to have an even more refined selection for the options.
to the extreme of having no packages at all but a long list of individual items to pick from.
Bundling into packages rather than letting you nearly bespoke option a vehicle is part of why the Japanese manufacturers started eating the Americans' lunch being able to produce a cheaper, more consistent product. That degree of granularity on modern vehicles comes at a price. Look at Porsche where it costs thousands to remove a feature.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bundling into packages rather than letting you nearly bespoke option a vehicle is part of why the Japanese manufacturers started eating the Americans' lunch being able to produce a cheaper, more consistent product. That degree of granularity on modern vehicles comes at a price. Look at Porsche where it costs thousands to remove a feature.
I see your point. And I also expect disadvantages in the used market with increased customization.
Realistically having packages also forces customers to buy more than they need that for an OEM is a plus.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing that turned me on in the Lux package that I couldn't add myself was the remote start. Here in South Texas we only have cold weather one day a year so the cold weather options are kind of useless. I held out for the Lux package but when the order banks open I'm seriously considering only adding the DIBL and trailer hitch. That's only if they are not considered constraint items in September. The installed price is lower that buying then after market.
Sponsored