First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the cargo rail system is included in xlt luxury package. My mav. got here and those rails are not installed and dealer is telling me they are not included that it was an accessory but I don't think that is right.
I have a 22 EB XLT with Luxury package. It did come with the rail system so I think the 23 will have it if you ordered the Lux package.
Sponsored

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious....how may movable (slides along the rail) handles come on each side of the rail system??

OP
OP
MarkLally

MarkLally

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion hybrid, 2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same basic thoughts on the bones but laying out the top was a mental block. I kept over engineering it and wasn't happy with my solutions.
I don't know why it didn't occur to me to just divide it into 4ths and drop them in.
Thanks for the post!
Real nice work too btw.
It took a while to come to me also. If you lay it out properly, you can get it out of one sheet of plywood .

OP
OP
MarkLally

MarkLally

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion hybrid, 2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect height! Great setup! Any other mods?
Most of the other mods are in this picture. Auto diming mirror with garage door remotes. Dash cam. Phone holder with charger and power supply. Motorola wireless dongle. The little chrome ball to the right of the currant phone holder is one I tried, but it was way to flimsy for the weight of my phone and shook around way top much, I haven't got around to removing it yet.

Ford Maverick My DIY custom bed storage solution 20230726_123404

Sponsored

Voodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Voodude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome plans and adjustability. Also has thoughts of security consideratiins with a tonnneau cover

Voodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Voodude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a MY2023 XLT LUX FX4 with a drop in liner. Yes the bed rails were no longer part of any package and considered a separate option. I do want to put one in or a DIY spec. Didnt see any impressions to drill into so I have to find a template where bolts would go in through the liner.

Last edited:

tozalazz

First Name
aleshia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend
Engine
Undecided
that's a beautiful work! congrats

when you going to sleep on it, how are you going to do with the roof?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pondered several solutions before I settled on this. Every mind experiment I did kept coming up with simpler solutions.
My first Idea was to build a wood DECKED type setup, but that would have been a great deal of work and had very little flexibility.
My second idea was a plywood divider system with a plywood floor and hinged lids. I figured that I would need to line the bottoms of the compartments with carpet, to keep everything in place. I then figured, why a plywood bottom, when I can just carpet the whole bottom. I then ordered a Bed Rug from my Ford dealer with my Ford points (free).
I then settled on no dividers, but bins and boxes instead. This worked out great and was soooo much easier.
I decided to use the Ford provided second row pockets that are built into the bed and found boxes and bins of the correct height at my local harbor freight store.
After I made my lids and center locking board, I covered them with carpet that I had left over from carpeting the bed in my wife's Maverick with the drop in bedliner.
The great part of this solution is that I can disassemble it in a hurry if I need to, It's flexible enough to carry tall objects also and I can still carry (32) 2x6s or (52) 2x4s or (9) sheets of 1/2 plywood and use the already Ford installed tailgate 3rd option for tailgate height.
BTW, the DeWalt air compressor in the picture runs fine on the 400w outlet in the bed, even starting up under pressure.

20230725_131921.jpg

20230725_131432.jpg

20230725_131343.jpg

20230725_131028.jpg

20230725_125538.jpg

20230725_131616.jpg

20230725_131010.jpg

20230725_130615.jpg
Great work!

And when needed, consider a high quality trailer to carry your infrequent, longer materials. It makes life a lot easier.

I'm a big fan of Sure-Trac, I have a 14k dump trailer from them that looks like new, a custom 10K 18' trailer that I spec'd out and had them build me with 2 foot expanded sides, 14 D-rings, etc. that has never been used, and recently bought a 10x7 trailer expressly to tow behind my Hybrid Maverick.. That small trailer weighs about 1k dry which give another easy 1K capacity, plus all the room and length.. LOL Mine is a year old, also never been used.

DO NOT be temped into buying some POS cheap trailer, I've NEVER been sorry for buying the best. I've been sorry too many times for trying to save a dollar only to re-purchase again.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Last edited: