First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's ugly but probably not fatal. With the number of Mavs totaled there should be used parts in the pipeline.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did airbags or seatbelt pretensioners fire? That makes a huge difference.

Otherwise, I don't see it being totaled from my not-a-mechanic experience.

Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope Ford and their suppliers can get ahead on the parts availability. I am replacing a great Saturn SUV for fear the parts will become hard to find due to it being discontinued. I am not so worried about engine parts as the 3.6L is still being used in many of the GM brands. My fear has been and will be losing my vehicle while I wait for the parts needed to make the repairs!

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"malfunctioned???" Whomever told you that needs to present the facts as to why, and Ford best take a serious look and address it as a probable recall!
Hopefully, that would be a FordPass message...and Ford will get it as well, according to my service guy.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ouch!! That’s a nasty crunch!! I’m no body shop repairman, but there’s going to be more damage than meets the eye, for sure! I feel sorry for you after all of the waiting you did to get your Maverick. And to have it only four days before someone hit you is devastating!!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to see that.
Probably should just order a fresh one, by the time parts are available maybe your new one will arrive and you can trade it in.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope Ford and their suppliers can get ahead on the parts availability. I am replacing a great Saturn SUV for fear the parts will become hard to find due to it being discontinued. I am not so worried about engine parts as the 3.6L is still being used in many of the GM brands. My fear has been and will be losing my vehicle while I wait for the parts needed to make the repairs!
My Maverick replaced a Saturn Vue for the same reason. Honestly, I almost went with Jeep Gladiator for the sole reason of part availability. Say what you will about the Jeep community, they make aftermarket parts for a long time.

No. I got a message that the airbags malfunctioned.
If after the crash, that might make sense. Airbag sensor might have triggered but not enough G-force to fire them off. Thus it would give an error post-crash. Would be included in the repair.