First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my maverick in October as well and just rolled 13000 last night I had a wiring issue that I had the dealer fix. My MPG on mine is 28 at its worst and 31 at its best and I float between and I love mine too
Sponsored

OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great info. Is yours one of the earlier builds? Do you regret getting the truck? I only ask because I'll be driving it similar to you.
No regrets…we both really like it. I don’t really know when it was built. I searched the Ford website and found one coming in to a local dealer. I put down a deposit and had it two weeks later. It all happened very fast.

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased Motor trends Mats in blue … almost the same blue inside the Mav.!!! And cheap. You just need cut by the linea and ready

MaveRican

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No regrets…we both really like it. I don’t really know when it was built. I searched the Ford website and found one coming in to a local dealer. I put down a deposit and had it two weeks later. It all happened very fast.
That's awesome. I been searching around my area in FL, everything has huge mark ups or already sold. I just recently gained a big interest on these bad_ss trucks.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odometer.jpeg

I picked up my Maverick on October 14, 2021 and have since put on a little over 12,000 miles, so I thought it was time to give my impressions. I'll try to be brief and hopefully this won't be too tedious to read.

The truck as delivered: Alto blue, XLT Ecoboost, 360, AWD, FX4, 4K tow, lux package, moon roof, manual rear window, hard roll-up tonneau cover, spray-in bed liner.

This truck is just what I needed...It fits in my garage well, my wife can comfortably drive it, and my 95 year-old mother can get in and out of it easily. An F-150 or even a Ranger would not have been a good size for my needs.

The few things I've added: Orange adhesive tailgate letters (eBay), stubby antenna (Amazon), inexpensive foam mat for the bed (Harbor Freight), mud flaps (Rokblokz) and front floor liners (Weathertech). The letters look great and have held up well with many trips through the car wash. There was no loss in reception quality with the stubby antenna. The $10 bed liner mat is still in good shape and works well for my use. The mud flaps look good and have not come loose at all. The floor liners have saved my carpets from the snowy, slushy NY winter.

Exterior: I had a warranty claim at about 4200 miles. The front right axle and control arm had to be replaced due to a fluid leak. It took about a month for all the parts to come in, but since the repair I've had no problems. I have a recall for the gas tank to check for holes from the spray-in bed liner installation. I don't think I have that problem but they need to check it just the same. The bed liner does leak a bit and I'm going to work on trying to remedy that situation. I recently noticed a couple of small paint chips on the front of the hood, but I haven't dealt with it yet.

Interior: There is road noise, but it's not horrible. It's about what you'd expect from a budget-priced vehicle. The heated seats are great. They heat up much faster that the Subaru Forester that I replaced. The seats are also plenty comfortable and I've had no issue with the material stretching or loosening up. I don't have any problem with the sound system. I have been heavily into music my entire life but I've never been one to need the ultimate in “perfect” sound. To me, spending the time to tear things apart to replace the speakers is a monumental waste of time. The infotainment system in general is another thing though. Sometimes it works fine, other times I can't bring up the audio screen or change sources. It's frustrating to say the least and I hope a fix will be forthcoming.

Over all I like the ride. It feels nice to me and handles well. I drove from NY to FL and back towing a trailer with a motorcycle and the Maverick performed beautifully. My gas mileage hasn't been as good as I've seen others report, but I've also never been one to do all the things some people do to improve gas mileage. My mileage is usually between 20-22 MPG...the lower end being when I was towing the trailer.

I've probably left some things out so I may amend this if I remember something later on. If anyone has any questions or comments I'll be happy to address them.
"The Beat Goes On" That is good news, except the axle leak, but I hope that your Mav keeps performing past the warranty period. Thank you for the upgrade details.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's amazing almost half of your warranty is gone and those miles
actually, barely over 1/3rd at 12,345. Standard warranty is 3yrs/36k bumper to bumper, 5 yrs/60k on drive train.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Odometer.jpeg

I picked up my Maverick on October 14, 2021 and have since put on a little over 12,000 miles, so I thought it was time to give my impressions. I'll try to be brief and hopefully this won't be too tedious to read.

The truck as delivered: Alto blue, XLT Ecoboost, 360, AWD, FX4, 4K tow, lux package, moon roof, manual rear window, hard roll-up tonneau cover, spray-in bed liner.

This truck is just what I needed...It fits in my garage well, my wife can comfortably drive it, and my 95 year-old mother can get in and out of it easily. An F-150 or even a Ranger would not have been a good size for my needs.

The few things I've added: Orange adhesive tailgate letters (eBay), stubby antenna (Amazon), inexpensive foam mat for the bed (Harbor Freight), mud flaps (Rokblokz) and front floor liners (Weathertech). The letters look great and have held up well with many trips through the car wash. There was no loss in reception quality with the stubby antenna. The $10 bed liner mat is still in good shape and works well for my use. The mud flaps look good and have not come loose at all. The floor liners have saved my carpets from the snowy, slushy NY winter.

Exterior: I had a warranty claim at about 4200 miles. The front right axle and control arm had to be replaced due to a fluid leak. It took about a month for all the parts to come in, but since the repair I've had no problems. I have a recall for the gas tank to check for holes from the spray-in bed liner installation. I don't think I have that problem but they need to check it just the same. The bed liner does leak a bit and I'm going to work on trying to remedy that situation. I recently noticed a couple of small paint chips on the front of the hood, but I haven't dealt with it yet.

Interior: There is road noise, but it's not horrible. It's about what you'd expect from a budget-priced vehicle. The heated seats are great. They heat up much faster that the Subaru Forester that I replaced. The seats are also plenty comfortable and I've had no issue with the material stretching or loosening up. I don't have any problem with the sound system. I have been heavily into music my entire life but I've never been one to need the ultimate in “perfect” sound. To me, spending the time to tear things apart to replace the speakers is a monumental waste of time. The infotainment system in general is another thing though. Sometimes it works fine, other times I can't bring up the audio screen or change sources. It's frustrating to say the least and I hope a fix will be forthcoming.

Over all I like the ride. It feels nice to me and handles well. I drove from NY to FL and back towing a trailer with a motorcycle and the Maverick performed beautifully. My gas mileage hasn't been as good as I've seen others report, but I've also never been one to do all the things some people do to improve gas mileage. My mileage is usually between 20-22 MPG...the lower end being when I was towing the trailer.

I've probably left some things out so I may amend this if I remember something later on. If anyone has any questions or comments I'll be happy to address them.
Appreciate the information. What was the approximate weight of trailer & motorcycle & any other weight on your trip? MPG not so bad for towing.

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate the information. What was the approximate weight of trailer & motorcycle & any other weight on your trip? MPG not so bad for towing.
Not sure of the exact trailer weight but it was probably 1500-2000 lbs (trailer and bike). Had maybe another 100 lbs of stuff with us.

Sponsored

Killjoyken

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the review. I'm only at a third of your mileage even though we both purchased around the same time. I'm curious about your axle issue. What fluid was leaking? Also, why was the control arm replaced? Was this caused by impact damage or was it a factory defect?

OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the review. I'm only at a third of your mileage even though we both purchased around the same time. I'm curious about your axle issue. What fluid was leaking? Also, why was the control arm replaced? Was this caused by impact damage or was it a factory defect?
I believe it was a factory defect...I had nothing happen that would have caused it. I don't know what was leaking (oil, grease?) and the mechanic determined that the control arm should be replaced along with the axle although I don't know why.
Sponsored