2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick My 12345.6 mile review Odometer

I picked up my Maverick on October 14, 2021 and have since put on a little over 12,000 miles, so I thought it was time to give my impressions. I'll try to be brief and hopefully this won't be too tedious to read.

The truck as delivered: Alto blue, XLT Ecoboost, 360, AWD, FX4, 4K tow, lux package, moon roof, manual rear window, hard roll-up tonneau cover, spray-in bed liner.

This truck is just what I needed...It fits in my garage well, my wife can comfortably drive it, and my 95 year-old mother can get in and out of it easily. An F-150 or even a Ranger would not have been a good size for my needs.

The few things I've added: Orange adhesive tailgate letters (eBay), stubby antenna (Amazon), inexpensive foam mat for the bed (Harbor Freight), mud flaps (Rokblokz) and front floor liners (Weathertech). The letters look great and have held up well with many trips through the car wash. There was no loss in reception quality with the stubby antenna. The $10 bed liner mat is still in good shape and works well for my use. The mud flaps look good and have not come loose at all. The floor liners have saved my carpets from the snowy, slushy NY winter.

Exterior: I had a warranty claim at about 4200 miles. The front right axle and control arm had to be replaced due to a fluid leak. It took about a month for all the parts to come in, but since the repair I've had no problems. I have a recall for the gas tank to check for holes from the spray-in bed liner installation. I don't think I have that problem but they need to check it just the same. The bed liner does leak a bit and I'm going to work on trying to remedy that situation. I recently noticed a couple of small paint chips on the front of the hood, but I haven't dealt with it yet.

Interior: There is road noise, but it's not horrible. It's about what you'd expect from a budget-priced vehicle. The heated seats are great. They heat up much faster that the Subaru Forester that I replaced. The seats are also plenty comfortable and I've had no issue with the material stretching or loosening up. I don't have any problem with the sound system. I have been heavily into music my entire life but I've never been one to need the ultimate in “perfect” sound. To me, spending the time to tear things apart to replace the speakers is a monumental waste of time. The infotainment system in general is another thing though. Sometimes it works fine, other times I can't bring up the audio screen or change sources. It's frustrating to say the least and I hope a fix will be forthcoming.

Over all I like the ride. It feels nice to me and handles well. I drove from NY to FL and back towing a trailer with a motorcycle and the Maverick performed beautifully. My gas mileage hasn't been as good as I've seen others report, but I've also never been one to do all the things some people do to improve gas mileage. My mileage is usually between 20-22 MPG...the lower end being when I was towing the trailer.

I've probably left some things out so I may amend this if I remember something later on. If anyone has any questions or comments I'll be happy to address them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We picked up our trucks right around the same time! I'm at about 7,500 and averaging 24.9 overall calculated (fuelly in my signature). It has been a very cold winter, was only getting 22-24 for the last few months.

I'm curious if you have the gas tank recall? I do, but no smell of gas at all, haven't had it in to observe/fix yet. Wondering if that could possibly be the reason for lower MPGs...

OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We picked up our trucks right around the same time! I'm at about 7,500 and averaging 24.9 overall calculated (fuelly in my signature). It has been a very cold winter, was only getting 22-24 for the last few months.

I'm curious if you have the gas tank recall? I do, but no smell of gas at all, haven't had it in to observe/fix yet. Wondering if that could possibly be the reason for lower MPGs...
I mentioned it above...I did receive the recall notice but I haven't taken it in yet. I don't think I have an issue but my dealer said they are required to inspect it to be sure.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odometer.jpeg

I picked up my Maverick on October 14, 2021 and have since put on a little over 12,000 miles, so I thought it was time to give my impressions. I'll try to be brief and hopefully this won't be too tedious to read.

The truck as delivered: Alto blue, XLT Ecoboost, 360, AWD, FX4, 4K tow, lux package, moon roof, manual rear window, hard roll-up tonneau cover, spray-in bed liner.

This truck is just what I needed...It fits in my garage well, my wife can comfortably drive it, and my 95 year-old mother can get in and out of it easily. An F-150 or even a Ranger would not have been a good size for my needs.

The few things I've added: Orange adhesive tailgate letters (eBay), stubby antenna (Amazon), inexpensive foam mat for the bed (Harbor Freight), mud flaps (Rokblokz) and front floor liners (Weathertech). The letters look great and have held up well with many trips through the car wash. There was no loss in reception quality with the stubby antenna. The $10 bed liner mat is still in good shape and works well for my use. The mud flaps look good and have not come loose at all. The floor liners have saved my carpets from the snowy, slushy NY winter.

Exterior: I had a warranty claim at about 4200 miles. The front right axle and control arm had to be replaced due to a fluid leak. It took about a month for all the parts to come in, but since the repair I've had no problems. I have a recall for the gas tank to check for holes from the spray-in bed liner installation. I don't think I have that problem but they need to check it just the same. The bed liner does leak a bit and I'm going to work on trying to remedy that situation. I recently noticed a couple of small paint chips on the front of the hood, but I haven't dealt with it yet.

Interior: There is road noise, but it's not horrible. It's about what you'd expect from a budget-priced vehicle. The heated seats are great. They heat up much faster that the Subaru Forester that I replaced. The seats are also plenty comfortable and I've had no issue with the material stretching or loosening up. I don't have any problem with the sound system. I have been heavily into music my entire life but I've never been one to need the ultimate in “perfect” sound. To me, spending the time to tear things apart to replace the speakers is a monumental waste of time. The infotainment system in general is another thing though. Sometimes it works fine, other times I can't bring up the audio screen or change sources. It's frustrating to say the least and I hope a fix will be forthcoming.

Over all I like the ride. It feels nice to me and handles well. I drove from NY to FL and back towing a trailer with a motorcycle and the Maverick performed beautifully. My gas mileage hasn't been as good as I've seen others report, but I've also never been one to do all the things some people do to improve gas mileage. My mileage is usually between 20-22 MPG...the lower end being when I was towing the trailer.

I've probably left some things out so I may amend this if I remember something later on. If anyone has any questions or comments I'll be happy to address them.
Great write up! I'm curious what motorcycle are you towing and what trailer you're using? Thanks

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2500 miles with my XLT EB 4k (not fx4) awd, luxury pack and rear window. My last mpg was 27.5 (60% highway vs 40 city streets) but i drive trying to do a good mileage (playing with the info in the dashboard).
Everything else is perfect to me.
The road noise , is much better than my Elantra 2018 value pack that i had before. I m waiting for tailgate letters in black plastic. And the tonneau is soft Ford (pay part of them with the points)

but overall… I love my truck.!!

She is soft and powerful. Confortable and practical. Good looking too!

Sponsored

Bossman4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Odometer.jpeg

Which Harbor Freight mat did you get?

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice write-up.. I've seen two Mavericks in my area (Central NY, think between Syracuse and Albany), one white the other black I think. Lots of Broncos though, even my neighbor has one.

OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Anton4

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice write-up.. I've seen two Mavericks in my area (Central NY, think between Syracuse and Albany), one white the other black I think. Lots of Broncos though, even my neighbor has one.
I've only seen one other one in the wild on my return trip from Florida.

Sponsored