George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback sport, Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Picked up my Maverick on December 17th, installed a Gator SFX tonneau cover and Rokblokz mudflaps the same day. After a weekend of general around town driving took it on a Xmas road trip from Maine to NJ and back. Logged quite a few ours of seat time. Here are my thoughts: its a truck, it may not ride like a body on frame truck, but it feels more like that than a car. I'm 5'4" and my wife is 5'2" and we were both VERY comfortable during the marathon highway trip. The seating position for me was excellent. My one visibility observation would be that the a pillar seems to block a lot of area when making a turn o streets that aren't square. We have a lot of those locally. Overall my whole experience from dealer pickup to rolling back into my driveway in Maine has been great. The truck has a very solid feel and drives great. It certainly does not lack for power on the highway. We haven't gotten a bunch of snow, but the roads have been slick and a little icy, the stock Pirelli tire have been fine in everything we've encountered so far. Its very interesting in "slippery" mode to feel the transmission short shift to avoid any wheel spin. I really can't think of anything negative to say. The stereo isn't the best I've ever ad but it also isn't nearly as bad as a lot of reviews have said. One final thought, the milage reading on the screen is exactly one MPG oner actual as others have mentioned. That being said "Bret" Maverick managed 31.5 MPG on a 400 mile trip at typical highway speeds.

Ford Maverick My 1000 mile review. tempImagemHURPO

Ford Maverick My 1000 mile review. tempImagejtm5WL
Sponsored

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up my Maverick on December 17th, installed a Gator SFX tonneau cover and Rokblokz mudflaps the same day. After a weekend of general around town driving took it on a Xmas road trip from Maine to NJ and back. Logged quite a few ours of seat time. Here are my thoughts: its a truck, it may not ride like a body on frame truck, but it feels more like that than a car. I'm 5'4" and my wife is 5'2" and we were both VERY comfortable during the marathon highway trip. The seating position for me was excellent. My one visibility observation would be that the a pillar seems to block a lot of area when making a turn o streets that aren't square. We have a lot of those locally. Overall my whole experience from dealer pickup to rolling back into my driveway in Maine has been great. The truck has a very solid feel and drives great. It certainly does not lack for power on the highway. We haven't gotten a bunch of snow, but the roads have been slick and a little icy, the stock Pirelli tire have been fine in everything we've encountered so far. Its very interesting in "slippery" mode to feel the transmission short shift to avoid any wheel spin. I really can't think of anything negative to say. The stereo isn't the best I've ever ad but it also isn't nearly as bad as a lot of reviews have said. One final thought, the milage reading on the screen is exactly one MPG oner actual as others have mentioned. That being said "Bret" Maverick managed 31.5 MPG on a 400 mile trip at typical highway speeds.

tempImagemHURPO.png

tempImagejtm5WL.png
Thanks for the short, concise, honest review. I like the Pirelli tires, but they develop flat spots (vibration) on the Mustangs and Escapes that I have had. To the YouTube reviewers.., ya gotta shorten the droning lengthy verbiage, Get to the point quicker!.
BTW... My production is scheduled for late Jan!!