Sponsored

Multi-month delay for February 2022 deliveries - Why?

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might want to keep trying to get the activation to go into pending in the app. I think it is just luck of the draw that someone at the factory hit "accept" on mine.
"casanewt & Dryheat"

The Tracker this morning still showed mine waiting to be shipped. It has since Wednesday evening.

Didn't check today till this afternoon but when I saw casanewt post about hour ago activating vehicle I thought I check. My ford pass has had the "activate vehicle" ready for about 10 days now and before when I tried it I didn't even get a error, just nothing, but when checking an hour ago I tried it again and it tried to connect but eventually got message saying someone needs to be in vehicle. First time that happen. So I check the tracker again and to my surprise my truck shipped. So casanewt, I agree with you, your timing was perfect as someone must've been putting your vehicle in the railcar when you tried activating. The timing for Dryheat was off.
So, maybe mine is on the same train or railcar as both yours.

I texted my salesman at the dealer and he sent me a screenshot of the VVH. The railcar # is TTGX253745 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a.De C.v.)
I remember a thread showing how to track by rail. Not sure if I need more info from dealer but I'll start with this.

Good news is we are getting closer. I suspect I will get mind after your guys since I'm in Orlando.
Look forward to keeping track if able to.
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Activity on my end all of a sudden. I received an email that my FordPass was activated. I can see the Mav on the map in the app in Hermosillo. That is great because I should be able to see my Mav on the map while it is being shipped. No "built" email yet and the tracker is not responding to my VIN at the moment.
I have an EcoBoost and a Hybrid that have been built but my FordPass has not been activated.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"casanewt & Dryheat"

The Tracker this morning still showed mine waiting to be shipped. It has since Wednesday evening.

Didn't check today till this afternoon but when I saw casanewt post about hour ago activating vehicle I thought I check. My ford pass has had the "activate vehicle" ready for about 10 days now and before when I tried it I didn't even get a error, just nothing, but when checking an hour ago I tried it again and it tried to connect but eventually got message saying someone needs to be in vehicle. First time that happen. So I check the tracker again and to my surprise my truck shipped. So casanewt, I agree with you, your timing was perfect as someone must've been putting your vehicle in the railcar when you tried activating. The timing for Dryheat was off.
So, maybe mine is on the same train or railcar as both yours.

I texted my salesman at the dealer and he sent me a screenshot of the VVH. The railcar # is TTGX253745 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a.De C.v.)
I remember a thread showing how to track by rail. Not sure if I need more info from dealer but I'll start with this.

Good news is we are getting closer. I suspect I will get mind after your guys since I'm in Orlando.
Look forward to keeping track if able to.
I tried the tracking this morning. Super easy by using the phone number provided. Just hang up If your directed to a live person. It can be pretty sensitive at first try until you get the hang of it. Anyway, Press 1 for location then when prompted say the letters then you’ll be promoted to say the numbers. Will then ask for if you want to track another car or say done. Say “done”. It will then give you location.
Rail car was in Tucson at 11 pm 2/12/22.

Andy704

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got a reply from dealership that told me recently 40,000 units were put on a microchip hold. Was told that after production they are moved to a holding lot...crap.
I was told the same thing; original delivery date 2/18 delayed till 5/18, built on 1/14.

Sponsored

LAMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 MK2 Golf GTI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my shipped email today. Eta 2/21-2/27

criminosis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 First Edition Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my shipped email today. Eta 2/21-2/27
Congrats! Was that ETA from the email or your dealer? I shipped this morning too reportedly but got an ETA in my email of 3/6-3/12 so I'm a little jealous lol.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question is this . What does shipped mean? Is it physically on a rail car? Or is it a complete assembly ready to be shipped? The long and changing delivery times is why I am asking. Tim,
@fordvideoguy do you have any insight on this?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
My question is this . What does shipped mean? Is it physically on a rail car? Or is it a complete assembly ready to be shipped? The long and changing delivery times is why I am asking. Tim,
@fordvideoguy do you have any insight on this?
Should mean that hit has left the factory and it's on its way to you. Right now they could be waiting on ships but they have left the factory.

LAMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 MK2 Golf GTI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! Was that ETA from the email or your dealer? I shipped this morning too reportedly but got an ETA in my email of 3/6-3/12 so I'm a little jealous lol.
It was from Ford Email

Ford Maverick Multi-month delay for February 2022 deliveries - Why? 1644954212938

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Shipment to Southern California is going to be much quicker than to us in the Midwest. Just an FYI.

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Activity on my end all of a sudden. I received an email that my FordPass was activated. I can see the Mav on the map in the app in Hermosillo. That is great because I should be able to see my Mav on the map while it is being shipped. No "built" email yet and the tracker is not responding to my VIN at the moment.
I got a notification on Friday that my request to activate FordPass was denied, so at least I know someone was in the truck! My build date was 12/20, and is still showing "In Production" and an ETA of 04/22.

Buster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Mine was also built on Feb. 9. Got Estimated delivery date of March 4, then March 5, then March 2, then March 14 and now March 19. You would think they could a little better with estimating delivery.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why couldn't they be short Flaming Hot Crunchy Cheeto chips? Have a huge unopened bag in the pantry I'd overnight to them. They are so hot the Maverick would probably push 300 hp. Of course the hybrid would whine!!!
But you are right. No dealership wants to have any vehicles on their lots where they would have to insure it for who knows how long before allowed to "complete" it and sell it.
Only problem is Cheetos are not chips...they're "Cheese Flavored Snacks"...

Ford Maverick Multi-month delay for February 2022 deliveries - Why? Cheetos
Sponsored