Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So we don’t need our trucks badly also?and are the regular retail customers not what keeps ford in business!
More money is made off lux trucks for sure, but fleet trucks keep up the volume in bad years and good years, that allows them to operate as a world leader in mass production. Focus only on retail orders and the company will shrink. Which could cascade into the failure of the company as they transition into a boutique automaker.
Sponsored

OP
OP

xlt 1602

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe crv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why should Ford build individual orders before fleet orders?
Why does the little guys pay more taxes than the millionaires they are more of us than they are of them but we will take the hit from ford.just like tax
because we are the little guys.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why does the little guys pay more taxes than the millionaires they are more of us than they are of them but we will take the hit from ford.just like tax
You're going to buy one truck.

The fleet customer is going to buy hundreds.

If you're willing to give Ford the amount of money those guys do, you'd be able to jump the line to get a front wheel drive ecoboost too.

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So we don’t need our trucks badly also?and are the regular retail customers not what keeps ford in business!
No, I mentioned that I understand your point and it seems like you really need your truck. Ford doesn’t really want angry customers that are pissed because they can’t yet give their money to them and start wearing out their new vehicles that will need to be maintained/repaired/replaced.

Last edited:

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really did not want to dignify or even acknowledge such a silly comment with a response, but one reason is because they can. Because the little guy will wait 9+ months and still buy the truck.

Sponsored

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They should and are building both as constraints allow. Think about the parts bins in the plant. They have X amount of this and that. It is far easier to build the same thing for a week or a few days straight in a row. That and fleet orders are given a date just like us but their date is usually the same for alot of trucks. So when they get enough parts in the plant to make a run of a particular fleet order. They shift retail orders around and build the fleet orders. The fleets would be more disgruntled that we would ever be if the got their 40 trucks 1 or 2 at a time. They would take their million dollar contract elsewhere. So they wiggle em in and the crank em out all at once when they can. It will always look weird, but trust me after you've got your Maverick and it turned out to be a successful product and you decided to buy stock, you would feel giddy everytime your drove past a dealer with 50 fleet orders on the lot.
So my has over 500 retail orders 260 fleet orders , So you are saying the 360 fleet orders should supersede the 500 retail orders lol!

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really did not want to dignify or even acknowledge such a silly comment with a response, but one reason is because they can. Because the little guy will wait 9+ months and still buy the truck.
You seem awfully familiar,,, Been here before with a different name ???

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely, you tell them!

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So my has over 500 retail orders 260 fleet orders , So you are saying the 360 fleet orders should supersede the 500 retail orders lol!
If the fleet order was placed before the 500 retail orders, then yes. First come, first serve, fairest way to handle any situation like that. I mean I wouldn't be excited about it as a retail customer either, but it is fair.

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am glad there is a dealer parking lot full of fleet trucks, as that is a good indicator that production is cranking along better than it had been in the past. That photo of all those Mavericks should make people happy to see it.

It’s common knowledge that the hybrid trucks are just going to be in short supply for a long time to come.

Sponsored

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, it's a bunch of front wheel drive ecoboost XLTs. It's the easiest build for Ford to make right now, so of course they built a bunch.

You could have yours too if you were willing to settle for that.
I know, what kind of Loser would settle for a FWD Eco Boost XLT.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the fleet order was placed before the 500 retail orders, then yes. First come, first serve, fairest way to handle any situation like that. I mean I wouldn't be excited about it as a retail customer either, but it is fair.
That’s a big “IF” the word If is worth a million words!

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:unsure:

ATXTACOS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat. 2018 Ford Edge Ti trim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm curious why Ford even opens the order banks. Build what can and see who buys it. Based on everything being $10k over, it will all sell.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thats too black and white. This aint stupid national politics. It isnt all retail after fleet or before. Its mixed in based on what they can build that day aswell as how long the order has been waiting.
Sponsored