Minimum amount to finance?

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I tried that using the finance calculator on the build page. It seemed fine with letting me finance $1 for 36 months at 0% APR. Were you using a different calculator?

1639181556925.png
It was a month and a half ago. It gave me an error with an amount. Surely I wasn’t trying to lease but that’s a possibility.
Sponsored

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cost - required down payment.
I was partially joking in my post, but down payment isn’t required usually. I have financed entire vehicles + fees and taxes before no money down. I have excellent credit though.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was a month and a half ago. It gave me an error with an amount. Surely I wasn’t trying to lease but that’s a possibility.
Could be. The calculator defaults to "Lease" mode and when I put in some numbers in that mode it did show an error. I didn't stay there long enough to see if it gave a minimum amount, though.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a decade of hsa receipts to turn in?
I'm surprised they let you do that, my receipts get denied if they are older than 12 months.
What do you mean they get denied; the IRS audits you? I've literally never heard of anybody getting their HSA reimbursement denied and I am very active on the largest personal finance/tax board. I know people sitting on nearly 20yrs of receipts, just retiring, who are now cashing them out (to the tune of WELL into 6-figures). Yes, we pay for all healthcare needs out of pocket and have a decade of expenses all tallied up with receipts, low 6-figures in our HSA just waiting for us to ever need them - hopefully cover all our healthcare expenses in retirement.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fair question. I just HATE having a car payment. LOL

Like I said, I'm probably just going to pay it all upfront but curious about my options. Thanks!
You’re not very good with money management if you don’t understand why shouldn’t pay all cash upfront. This thinking will cost you thousands and thousands of $’s in your lifetime.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i agree 100% we paid all cash for our 2020 escape hybrid AWD. The finance guy was really trying. But I, like yourself, enjoy the mindset of not having auto debt. Keeps debt, inquiries, lowering avg. credit age, etc. off my credit report, too. Also, insurance is lower. I think people who can’t pay cash are usually the ones who rush to the “why pay cash, you can grow it faster by investing it just say that as a herd mentality thought.
Making periodic installment payments is GOOD for your credit score! Insurance is not lower loan vs no loan!

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
The OTD price of our Maverick is ~3 weeks of income for my household. Needless to say, we would have no issues whatsoever paying cash for several dozen Mavericks. I'm extremely debt averse, but paying off my home in 4yrs was one of the worst financial mistakes I ever made. If I see hundred dollar bills on the ground, I will expend the effort to bend over and pick them up.
Ford Maverick Minimum amount to finance? 28C342C5-29C0-4539-A44E-B9871E47BB1F

TD2

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
FYI-just got word my maverick is arriving at dealer in a few weeks at MSRP. Dealer said I need to use Ford financing or Ford approved credit union financing. Ford is not accepting the 2% 72 month rate from a non-approved Ford credit union.

This is causing a headache as Ford is 3.99% over 72 months. Anyone else Run into similar situations?

I could take the 48 mth .9%, but now I feel they are not providing great customer service. They could have let me know about this when I ordered in July. Now 2 weeks before maverick arrives Ford dealer is implementing new financing rules. I walked in the store last week to confirm my options and there was no mention of this selective financing rule

Mannyr

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
FYI-just got word my maverick is arriving at dealer in a few weeks at MSRP. Dealer said I need to use Ford financing or Ford approved credit union financing. Ford is not accepting the 2% 72 month rate from a non-approved Ford credit union.

This is causing a headache as Ford is 3.99% over 72 months. Anyone else Run into similar situations?

I could take the 48 mth .9%, but now I feel they are not providing great customer service. They could have let me know about this when I ordered in July. Now 2 weeks before maverick arrives Ford dealer is implementing new financing rules. I walked in the store last week to confirm my options and there was no mention of this selective financing rule
I have a similar situation, but mine is nowhere near delivery date; I was told that to get the “discount” they offered I had to use ford financing, but I was not told that I couldn’t use any other bank/ credit union. That sounds scary and plain criminal if you ask me, it’s like they are hijacking your truck for ransom. I hope you can get them to use whatever method you choose to pay. Good luck let us know✌

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

so buy it with ford, then a month later, refinance it with the credit union.

my ford dealer took my 1.7% CU financing no questions asked. I just walked in with a blank check from the CU, wrote it and figured it out later with the CU.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You’re not very good with money management if you don’t understand why shouldn’t pay all cash upfront. This thinking will cost you thousands and thousands of $’s in your lifetime.
I'm definitely not, which is why I'm asking questions here on the forum. Thanks for weighing in, I appreciate all the feedback. I've gotten some great insight so far.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you mean they get denied; the IRS audits you? I've literally never heard of anybody getting their HSA reimbursement denied and I am very active on the largest personal finance/tax board. I know people sitting on nearly 20yrs of receipts, just retiring, who are now cashing them out (to the tune of WELL into 6-figures). Yes, we pay for all healthcare needs out of pocket and have a decade of expenses all tallied up with receipts, low 6-figures in our HSA just waiting for us to ever need them - hopefully cover all our healthcare expenses in retirement.
I've never actually had them denied, I have just always been told that there is a deadline to turn them in.
I guess I need to look at the legality of their claim.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe you missed the part where I stated "Emergency Funds". That means readily available CASH.

There is no guarantee that losses could not happen in Index funds.

Having cash on hand means potentially not selling those index funds at a loss when needed or having less available because of unrealized losses.
You have a decade of hsa receipts to turn in?
I'm surprised they let you do that, my receipts get denied if they are older than 12 months.
Yes you can absolutely do this with an HSA! An HSA is like a secret super 401k basically - pay your medical expenses out of pocket, let the HSA funds accumulate and invest them (typically you are allowed to invest any amount above a threshold around $3K required to be kept as available funds). Those investments can grow, and you can retain those receipts to withdraw that money tax free 10-20-30 years from now. Also, once you hit same age as required withdrawals for 401k (70?) you can take the money out of the HSA for non-medical expenses, exactly the same as a 401k.

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is probably a weird question but is there a minimum amount you can finance with Ford at 0%?

I'm probably just going to buy the Maverick outright with cash, but if I decided to pay most of it as a down payment will Ford still finance the small balance at 0% and is there a cut-off amount?

I'm just curious about it and figured I'd ask if anyone knows. I searched Ford's financing section on their website but I didn't find anything that mentioned it.

Thanks!
Minimum with the ford zero 3 years was 8k according to my dealer

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is 0% at 36 months and also attractive is 0.9% for 48 months. That's about $250 interest ($5.20 per month) on a $25K vehicle. Get a 4-Year loan and pay it off in 3 years if you can...
According to my calculator .9% of 25K is $225.00 or $4.68 per month over the course of the 48 month loan. You make a very good point here on a monthly payment of around $525 an if you can pay $695 a month for 3 years and the loan will be payed off. I like the flexibility you get with the method.
Sponsored

Last edited: