LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is probably a weird question but is there a minimum amount you can finance with Ford at 0%?

I'm probably just going to buy the Maverick outright with cash, but if I decided to pay most of it as a down payment will Ford still finance the small balance at 0% and is there a cut-off amount?

I'm just curious about it and figured I'd ask if anyone knows. I searched Ford's financing section on their website but I didn't find anything that mentioned it.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is probably a weird question but is there a minimum amount you can finance with Ford at 0%?

I'm probably just going to buy the Maverick outright with cash, but if I decided to pay most of it as a down payment will Ford still finance the small balance at 0% and is there a cut-off amount?

I'm just curious about it and figured I'd ask if anyone knows. I searched Ford's financing section on their website but I didn't find anything that mentioned it.

Thanks!
Not to get into a debate, but if Ford is offering you ZERO% financing, why pay cash?

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL

Thanks!
Before I sold my eco I only financed 5100 for 36

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to get into a debate, but if Ford is offering you ZERO% financing, why pay cash?
Fair question. I just HATE having a car payment. LOL

Like I said, I'm probably just going to pay it all upfront but curious about my options. Thanks!

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks!
I will be financing $18,000 over 36 months at 0% interest and will be putting a down payment of $8,068.21 or about 31%. I picked $18,000 as that works out to be $500 a month payments.

I also have the cash to pay in full and have done that on my last two vehicles (four if counting the wife's cars). Taking out loans on them would have cost us more in interest than what interest would have been earned keeping the cash in savings account. Yes we do keep cash available for emergency access.

Now with 0% interest the tables are turned and we will earn 0.5% on that $18,000 over those 3 years. I estimate about $184 so really FREE money.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fair question. I just HATE having a car payment. LOL

Like I said, I'm probably just going to pay it all upfront but curious about my options. Thanks!
At ZERO% it's free money, use it. Doesn't happen that often

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nailed it.

They are offering you access to money, for FREE. Why not make that lump sum work for you instead? Why lock it up into a depreciating asset.

Taking out loans on them would have cost us more in interest than what interest would have been earned keeping the cash in savings account. Yes we do keep cash available for emergency access.

Now with 0% interest the tables are turned and we will earn 0.5% on that $18,000 over those 3 years. I estimate about $184 so really FREE money.
No, you won't. Inflation is 6%+ in the USA, so you are actually losing money. You need to put it into an investment at min 10% per year to combat this.

Saving is losing money.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will be financing $18,000 over 36 months at 0% interest and will be putting a down payment of $8,068.21 or about 31%. I picked $18,000 as that works out to be $500 a month payments.

I also have the cash to pay in full and have done that on my last two vehicles (four if counting the wife's cars). Taking out loans on them would have cost us more in interest than what interest would have been earned keeping the cash in savings account. Yes we do keep cash available for emergency access.

Index funds are your friends. 0.5% on cash is losing money to inflation. 5 years ago, outside of my 401k I never considered investing, didn't think I would know where to start. There are many resources out there. 5 years after shifting focus to saving and sound investing and we are on the cusp of retiring in our 40s (or, alternately finding work we both truly enjoy and find value in).

liveshot

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda Miata , 2022 VW Taos, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Question: Where are you folks finding Ford 0% financing? Entering my zip code on the Ford website/Pricing and Incentives, the finance rate is 5.9%. I too was intending to do an all cash deal, but as the previous poster mentioned it's "free money" at 0%.

Sponsored

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks!
If I had been offered 0% financing I'd be damned if I spent a cent out of my pocket as much as I hate owing money. I paid cash for mine but if it had been 0% I'd have financed ever cent of it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Index funds are your friends. 0.5% on cash is losing money to inflation. 5 years ago, outside of my 401k I never considered investing, didn't think I would know where to start. There are many resources out there. 5 years after shifting focus to saving and sound investing and we are on the cusp of retiring in our 40s (or, alternately finding work we both truly enjoy and find value in).
Maybe you missed the part where I stated "Emergency Funds". That means readily available CASH.

There is no guarantee that losses could not happen in Index funds.

Having cash on hand means potentially not selling those index funds at a loss when needed or having less available because of unrealized losses.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, you won't. Inflation is 6%+ in the USA, so you are actually losing money. You need to put it into an investment at min 10% per year to combat this.

Saving is losing money.
Again you missed the "Emergency Funds".

Any investment has a potential to decline in value and thus incur unrealized losses that become real losses when you need to access those funds.

We have plenty of other investments in both 401k's and personal accounts. We will not put our emergency funds into any investment that carries risk.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To get back to the original question about how small an amount you can finance...

I did something like that several years ago with Ford in order to get a price incentive that was only available if you financed. The finance guy said there was a minimum (because it wouldn't be worth doing all the paperwork to finance $100), but he never said exactly what it was.

I ended up financing about $5,000 because I though that looked legitimate enough to get me the $1000 incentive I was after. It worked and I paid it off a couple of months later.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question: Where are you folks finding Ford 0% financing? Entering my zip code on the Ford website/Pricing and Incentives, the finance rate is 5.9%. I too was intending to do an all cash deal, but as the previous poster mentioned it's "free money" at 0%.
You need to click on "36 month" to see the 0% offer.
Sponsored