Sponsored

What amount of markup is tolerable to receive your truck immediately?

OP
OP

Icanhazmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d like the convo to continue because it’s a worthy discussion, but pulling the trigger - everything I wanted (HPR Lariat Lux with moonroof) at $4.5k markup.

I had talked myself out of it but ultimately there’s a concern my car will not make it 8-12 months, add to the fact we got a new puppy who will outgrow my current car in 2-3 months.

Thanks puppy Apollo, you cost me $4.5k :p

Hoping to get a few grand for my current car (2004 BMW 525i with sports Package, 200k miles), which will offset the markup some.

Edit: Like I said in the OP, the markup is technically only $3.5k because the MSRP price is the old price. If I were to order one today, MSRP would be $1,000 more.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All these negative people?

Since when is paying what I agreed to buy my vehicle for (MSRP) negative?

I'm not complaining either, I'm rather happy with the dealer I ordered from. Stuck to their word and all is good. I don't know what "different world" you're in, but there are options for those not wanting to pay over MSRP.
In my case, I waited. It did cost me a little as my trade devalued some and I had to buy tires. But I still worked out a great deal and I'm satisfied.
you must have confused me with someone else. I only replied to OP. I Never said anyone was complaining about paying MSRP. I'm paying MSRP myself. The different world is shortages everywhere and sticking to your principals could very well mean losing out on something you really wanted because of a few dollars more than you would have liked to pay if buying was like it used to be. Carry on.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats, enjoy the new ride! I don't know what I would have paid, since I eventually got my order, but I had to pay an extra destination charge (was supposed to ship overseas) and had to rent a car to the tune of about 2k. (Was buying a house so had to wait to purchase anything). By the time I got the all clear mine was well on it's way here and the only dealer that had any on the lot was asking 10k and 15k over MSRP so I made due with my wifes car for a month and took delivery. It was tough to hang in there though. I probably would have jumped on your deal, as the math would have had to account for the extra costs I did accrue, but everyones situation is different. Oh and welcome to the HPR club! The best color Mav that there is!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$0.00.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are the people saying zero just making a symbolic protest?

I could have saved a couple of grand just in gas if I had received my hybrid in Jan, instead of September.

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, my .02 I would try to negotiate the markup but 4500 isn't terrible, being that we are in 2022, and get it. I didn't perorder, then a situation presented itself that I could get one if I could find one on the lot, which I did. Long story short, I made my justification and I am glad I did. At the end of the day it is your call, and all of us are providing our opinions on what really your opinion is all that matters.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are the people saying zero just making a symbolic protest?

I could have saved a couple of grand just in gas if I had received my hybrid in Jan, instead of September.
Nope. I'm just too old for anything symbolic. You'll get there.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid