Hot Pepper Red Lariat added:

245/65r17 BFG KO2, tires​
RokBlokz mud flaps,​
TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover​
Yakima roof rack​

Oxford White XL added:

Thule roof rack​
Thule carrier box​

Ford Maverick Mavericks With Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 3

Ford Maverick Mavericks With Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 4

Ford Maverick Mavericks With Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 5

Ford Maverick Mavericks With Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 1

Ford Maverick Mavericks With Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s the max weight you can put on that roof rack?

Zpecchia

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tucson
Thanks for posting the roof rack! Looks good! Do you know of there is a max size Thule cargo box you can put on the roof rack?

I have been going back and forth between a roof rack and bed rack. It's nice to see it on the vehicle.

The bed rack also seems cool, but I want a tonneau cover. So then I would need the bed rack and the adapter to allow for a tonneau, which costs a lot more than the roof rack.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just be aware fuel economy is greatly effected by roof mounted boxes, baskets, etc.
I saw a study that was conducted in a wind tunnel that showed just adding the roof rack bars alone reduced highway fuel economy by 2mpg on the buick suv they tested. The larger baskets and luggage containers took more of a hit, naturally.

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
As a word of caution: I researched this carefully before deciding not to put roof racks on my off road truck. Load ratings and off road ratings are way less than we think because we see people with over loaded roof racks all the time. The truth is people also lose their loads all the time.

Vehicles and rack systems have their own seperate ratings. They have different ratings for static and dynamic loads. Some racks have specific off road ratings. Once you start to make the calculations it turns out you cant put much up there.

Not that they are useless but they are designed to hold a lot less than you think and most people using them on the highway are overloaded.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a word of caution: I researched this carefully before deciding not to put roof racks on my off road truck. Load ratings and off road ratings are way less than we think because we see people with over loaded roof racks all the time. The truth is people also lose their loads all the time.

Vehicles and rack systems have their own seperate ratings. They have different ratings for static and dynamic loads. Some racks have specific off road ratings. Once you start to make the calculations it turns out you cant put much up there.

Not that they are useless but they are designed to hold a lot less than you think and most people using them on the highway are overloaded.
On my Jetta they are ALWAYS over loaded. Looking like Tom Joad driving that car around :)

Sponsored

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! I've been thinking about doing a basket on the roof and adding LED pods

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hot Pepper Red Lariat added:

245/65r17 BFG KO2, tires​
RokBlokz mud flaps,​
TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover​
Yakima roof rack​

Oxford White XL added:

Thule roof rack​
Thule carrier box​

2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 3.jpg

2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 4.jpg

2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 5.jpg

2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 1.jpg

2022 Ford Mavericks With Cab Roof Racks & Cargo Carrier Box -- Yakima and Thule 2.jpg
I have aero bars from another vehicle. I was going to get the Thule towers and fit kit for mine. Any chance you could post a picture from the front? I wanted to see how the Thule towers are positioned on the white one.
Thanks

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just be aware fuel economy is greatly effected by roof mounted boxes, baskets, etc.
I saw a study that was conducted in a wind tunnel that showed just adding the roof rack bars alone reduced highway fuel economy by 2mpg on the buick suv they tested. The larger baskets and luggage containers took more of a hit, naturally.
I concur it's mind boggling how dramatically something like that will really effect mpg, things like those roof pods really are a drag by as much as 5mpg
Sponsored