Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Ranger '11 Edge '20 Kicks
You do realize the Ranger and F-150 XL trims do not have cruise either? This is not a, “let’s be real cheap with this Maverick“. Ford has already set a precedent for XL trims.
I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, TommyBoy. However, in my research, I have learned cruise control is optional in both the Ranger and F150 XL's but it is not in the Maverick XL. So, "let's be real cheap with this Maverick" you made up on a whim to prove a point, may actually have some truth to it. Don't get me wrong, I hope it don't. I'll be happy to eat crow, because I want to reserve a custom ordered Maverick this fall, but, at the same time, I must be pragmatic about this. Buying a new vehicle is not something a poor man like me can do everyday, I must be diligent in my homework.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it’s just a rendering and wouldn’t be the first time Ford’s literature is wrong, but I’m not seeing anywhere where an XLT gains body color door handles as shown in the picture above? I know the XLT Luxury Package adds the body color side view mirror caps. The Area 51 model making its rounds is an XLT with Luxury Package and has black door handles. Just an observation. I think the body color matching mirror caps and door handles make quite a difference so it may disappoint some if unaware.

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
I know it’s just a rendering and wouldn’t be the first time Ford’s literature is wrong, but I’m not seeing anywhere where an XLT gains body color door handles as shown in the picture above? I know the XLT Luxury Package adds the body color side view mirror caps. The Area 51 model making its rounds is an XLT with Luxury Package and has black door handles. Just an observation. I think the body color matching mirror caps and door handles make quite a difference so it may disappoint some if unaware.
I saw this too, but if you look at the fender badge, it says “Lariat”. The literature is describing the wrong vehicle as shown.

Sponsored

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw this too, but if you look at the fender badge, it says “Lariat”. The literature is describing the wrong vehicle as shown.
I think I do see the "Lariat" and it has the Lariat LED DRL accent lighting too, but if you look real closely the seats aren't brown/leather and the grill center piece looks gray like on the XLT trim. Must be another one of those "Pre-Production Mule/CGI", lol.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only the Lariat gets body color door handles.

aCrimsona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Lariat signature lighting is like a DRL, an LED brow over the headlight, as seen in some of the pics. Great conversation here... the one thing I have not seen mentioned is lack of HomeLink, regardless of trim level. This and a heated steering wheel are my big wants. XLT Luxury gives me most of what I want
Sorry, you're wrong. Signature lighting is in the cabin. It highlights things like cupholders, under the dash, there are videos about it.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Sorry, you're wrong. Signature lighting is in the cabin. It highlights things like cupholders, under the dash, there are videos about it.
You are incorrect. Signature lighting is the top part of the headlights. What you are describing is the ambient lighting.

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
You are incorrect. Signature lighting is the top part of the headlights. What you are describing is the ambient lighting.
Agreed. I’m curious if the ambient lighting is just the inside front door handles, front foot wells and cup holder like the Bronco Sport. Can’t find any pictures showing it.

Sponsored

aCrimsona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
You sure ? The video I watched was from Ford, the strips over the lights are DRL, and come on all 3 trims. The ambient lighting is only available on the Lariat, which would make it a signature item. I believe they even called it "Signature Ambient Lighting". Since it was a Ford engineer, I think I'll listen to them and not you, ok?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
You sure ? The video I watched was from Ford, the strips over the lights are DRL, and come on all 3 trims. The ambient lighting is only available on the Lariat, which would make it a signature item. I believe they even called it "Signature Ambient Lighting". Since it was a Ford engineer, I think I'll listen to them and not you, ok?
The Lariat has ambient lightning inside and also something listed in the esourcebook as "LED signature accent lighting and incandescent taillamps"

We're not 100% sure if that's the top part of the headlight lighting up differently from the XL and XLT yet but these are different things.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Yes, 100%. The top part of the headlights only light up on lariat. The daytime running lights are the lights just above the headlights.
Ford Maverick Maverick Trim Comparison (XL, XLT, Lariat) D31F3467-301F-403D-9AB7-8BEDD61DC3C9

aCrimsona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Yes, 100%. The top part of the headlights only light up on lariat. The daytime running lights are the lights just above the headlights.
D31F3467-301F-403D-9AB7-8BEDD61DC3C9.jpeg
Yeah, I saw that. Then I noticed in the forums, nobody, not even the guy from Long McArthur Ford, knows what it is. So I spent 'bout 5 hours on Google researching and that was the information I came up with. I could be wrong, in which case, I'll post an apology, but I don't think I am.
Sponsored