jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the light near the outlet in the truck bed, is additional lighting like the touch link lumen option necessary or do you think the light that it comes with would suffice?

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
I placed my order for the XLT with the Lux and CoPilot360 packages + Moon Roof and Rear Slider Window through Chapman Ford, 3% under invoice but I'm playing back the "is it worth upgrading to Lariat for..." question in my head for the following items:

SYNC3 - with Android Auto and Apple Carplay why would I want SYNC 3? Back when I had a 13' Ford I had the old SYNC and I was not a big fan. Can any current users weigh in on whether this system is much better?

Keyless Start - Its nice that all trim levels have Fordpass AKA Remote start from phone but I REALLY don't want to have to pull the keys out to get driving.

Acoustic Windshield - I love a quiet ride but the engineer in me wants to know the exact decibel reduction gained from this.

Gripes:

-Rear Parking Sensors - silly this is part of the Lariat Lux package and not the CoPilot package - I guess it doesn't matter since its a smaller truck which makes parking easier and we have a backup camera standard.

-One touch up/down windows only on the Lariat

-Wireless charging only on the Lariat

-Where is the seat memory option??

Are there any adds that should only be done by the factory and not aftermarket? First thing that comes to mind is the moon roof and heated seats. Where do rear bed covers and the touchlink truckbed lighting fall in the mix? I'm already planning on putting a subwoofer in under the back seat....
The seat memory option you ask? It's right where any sensible person would expect it to be;
Now I didn't watch the video, so this may not be as stupid as it seems

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...security/securicode-keyless-entry-keypad.html
Ford Maverick Maverick Trim Comparison (XL, XLT, Lariat) 1624402848166

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The seat memory option you ask? It's right where any sensible person would expect it to be;
Now I didn't watch the video, so this may not be as stupid as it seems

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...security/securicode-keyless-entry-keypad.html
1624402848166.png
Just watched the video, the specific language was more along the lines of "IF your vehicle has memory seat position buttons THEN you can assign it to you unique entry code" so I'm not holding out much hope it's included

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Unlike many. I don't mind color of the Lariat seats. So my biggest debate between XLT and Lariat is do I pay up $4-5k for leather seats. Coming from a car with leather seats its hard to imagine going back to fabric. The only other Lariat features that would be nice to have is the power rear window and adaptive cruise control, I can live without the rest of it.

Leaning towards XLT at the moment.

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Unlike many. I don't mind color of the Lariat seats. So my biggest debate between XLT and Lariat is do I pay up $4-5k for leather seats. Coming from a car with leather seats its hard to imagine going back to fabric. The only other Lariat features that would be nice to have is the power rear window and adaptive cruise control, I can live without the rest of it.

I could go either way with cloth or the pleather seats between the Lariat.

I like the faster headunit, intelligent access key, adaptive cruise with lane centering, rear parking sensors, and acoustic windshield in the Lariat Lux truck I ordered. Still not sure what the Lariat signature lighting is

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Check the internet and see if any shops install Katzkins leather. Usually under $2k front and rear. Dozens of colors. Super quality.
https://katzkin.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw...zm7KxD0u-wfh9XF_2wg2ZAOLta0B48ORoCrvAQAvD_BwE

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
I could go either way with cloth or the pleather seats between the Lariat.

I like the faster headunit, intelligent access key, adaptive cruise with lane centering, rear parking sensors, and acoustic windshield in the Lariat Lux truck I ordered. Still not sure what the Lariat signature lighting is
Lariat signature lighting is like a DRL, an LED brow over the headlight, as seen in some of the pics. Great conversation here... the one thing I have not seen mentioned is lack of HomeLink, regardless of trim level. This and a heated steering wheel are my big wants. XLT Luxury gives me most of what I want

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Ranger '11 Edge '20 Kicks
What competitor's truck with 40mpg, starting under $20k did you settle on?
I like the point you're trying to make and appreciate where you're going. However, from me I have to question if Ford is in touch with the reality that a middle class potential customer of theirs faces. Ford surely has to realize that when a middle class person is willing to fork out some hard earned money every single month for 60-72 months for one of their brand new vehicles the very least they can do is add, as an option, for base model XL's is cruise control for a couple hundred bucks and at least one alternative interior color on all trims. Even if they wanted to charge say $300 dollars for an alternative interior trim, that would be better than what they have done. Yes, I think everyone appreciates what Ford is trying to do here with the Maverick, but shit-fire-and-save-matches, this is the year 2022 and we are talking about paying for a new vehicle for several years. A couple of common sense, no-brainer, standard almost everywhere else, options is not too much to ask for. Asking for them to completely re-engineer the bed of the truck to accommodate AWD for the hybrid is one thing, but asking for cruise control as an option in the base model or one alternative interior color in any of the trim levels is all together different.

Last edited:
Sponsored

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
You do realize the Ranger and F-150 XL trims do not have cruise either? This is not a, “let’s be real cheap with this Maverick“. Ford has already set a precedent for XL trims.
Cruise is available w/ an optional package on both the Ranger XL and F150 XL, it's not on the Maverick.

My selling dealer's salesman could not believe Cruise isn't available on the XL, in fact he stated that's has to be wrong and pulled in the Sales Manager who went through all the dealer data they had access to and also could not believe it either. There is a YT video out there w/ a Ford dealer's Internet guy who basically is telling Ford, they really screwed up, not only by not making it standard, but not even offering it as a package item or stand alone option.

For me it's not only the fact it's not offered on the XL but the fact that up-scaling to a XLT makes changes to the XL overall, changes I'm not interested in. There's already a couple items on the XL I have absolutely no reason to have. You check enough content boxes and people will move on. I'm at that break point unless my salesman comes up with a Dealer Installed cruise, he's working on it, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like the point you're trying to make and appreciate where you're going. However, from me I have to question if Ford is in touch with the reality that a middle class potential customer of theirs faces. Ford surely has to realize that when a middle class person is willing to fork out some hard earned money every single month for 60-72 months for one of their brand new vehicles the very least they can do is add, as an option, for base model XL's is cruise control for a couple hundred bucks and at least one alternative interior color on all trims. Even if they wanted to charge say $300 dollars for an alternative interior trim, that would be better than what they have done. Yes, I think everyone appreciates what Ford is trying to do here with the Maverick, but shit-fire-and-save-matches, this is the year 2022 and we are talking about paying for a new vehicle for several years. A couple of common sense, no-brainer, standard almost everywhere else, options is not too much to ask for. Asking for them to completely re-engineer the bed of the truck to accommodate AWD for the hybrid is one thing, but asking for cruise control as an option in the base model or one alternative interior color in any of the trim levels is all together different.
I mean the XLT is the "middle class" of the trims. Having said that, I'm still getting the XL and adding cruise control one way or the other for less than $2300. I wouldn't worry about it

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
The base model XL on the Ranger (100A) and F-150 (100A) do NOT have cruise. I should have clarified that base model Ranger/F-150 XL's do not have cruise. It is available as an OPTION, not standard. The base model Maverick XL does not have cruise. There's a pattern here.

Screenshot 2021-06-25 144748.jpg
The pattern of Cruise not being standard on the (3) vehicles is accurate although the ordering process pattern is broken when Maverick is the only one of the (3) vehicles which doesn't allow it to be purchased via a package. Even the dealers can't figure this one out. I worked (34) years in the automotive manufacturing world, EVERYTHING is built to a price. Sometimes it works, sometimes it comes back to bit them. We'll see where this goes although I'll bet a dime to the dollar, Cruise becomes either a stand along option or part of a package on the Maverick in the next 6 months. :D

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
****** I'll bet a dime to the dollar, Cruise becomes either a stand along option or part of a package on the Maverick in the next 6 months. :D
I agree. Although with my luck it will probably happen shortly after my XL is built!