Sponsored

Trim comparison of XLT with Lux Pkg verse base Lariat (video)

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting video on these two trim choices. The reviewer is a bit over the top, but he does point out differences I hadn't seen before.

Since I'm getting older I decided to go with the Lariat with Lux Pkg since I plan on keeping for many years, so increased cost is only a few hundred dollars a year. But that XLT w/ Lux pkg is compelling price-wise, especially for northerners that have to deal with cold weather.

Man, its great to have choices like this!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I changed my order from an XLT Lux to a Lariat non-lux about a week ago. Watching this video reinforces my decision. I prefer the Lariat interior colors and finishes, especially with the Alto Blue paint color I ordered. The sound insulated windshield and push button start are definitely nice things to have. I had optioned the manual opening rear window on my XLT order, but I know I'll use it much more often when I can open it with a button from the driver's seat. I separately optioned the inverter/outlet and trailer hitch, so I'll still have those items on my truck. I don't care about heated seats and steering wheel because I live in Florida. All the Lariat exterior lighting and trim upgrades are just gravy. TBH, I'm not the biggest fan of the Lariat wheels, but I can live with them.

The price as I spec'd went from $27,505 for the XLT Lux to $28,465 for the Lariat, non-lux. My intention is to keep the cost below $30,000, so I'm still within my budget. Both builds are hybrid.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I changed my order from an XLT Lux to a Lariat non-lux about a week ago. Watching this video reinforces my decision. I prefer the Lariat interior colors and finishes, especially with the Alto Blue paint color I ordered. The sound insulated windshield and push button start are definitely nice things to have. I had optioned the manual opening rear window on my XLT order, but I know I'll use it much more often when I can open it with a button from the driver's seat. I separately optioned the inverter/outlet and trailer hitch, so I'll still have those items on my truck. I don't care about heated seats and steering wheel because I live in Florida. All the Lariat exterior lighting and trim upgrades are just gravy. TBH, I'm not the biggest fan of the Lariat wheels, but I can live with them.

The price as I spec'd went from $27,505 for the XLT Lux to $28,465 for the Lariat, non-lux. My intention is to keep the cost below $30,000, so I'm still within my budget. Both builds are hybrid.
I made the same change for most of the same reasons you cited. I also ordered the inverter and hitch separately (and plan to get an aftermarket spray in bed liner). The guy in the video incorrectly said you have to opt for the Lariat Lux package to get those items. The things I might miss from the XLT lux pkg, though, are the inverter in the bed and the rails/tie downs.

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport
I ordered a XLT Lux and found a lariat non-lux at MSRP on a local ford lot and bought it about a month ago. I am glad I did for the small things like the keyless entry and push button start. I also love the power rear window even though it's small it helps when the windows are down.

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I didn't want to start a new thread and this one seemed to fit . My dealer can't seem to come up with an answer to this question. I have a Lariat with Lux packaged on order. When looking at the details the Lariat Luxury Package comes with 400W/110 Inverter (Cab Outlet with USB in Rear Console +Bed Outlet. What is the optional $150 - 110v/400W added to my order (located in Cab rear center console). That is included and I should remove it, right??

Sponsored

OP
OP
djw479

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I didn't want to start a new thread and this one seemed to fit . My dealer can't seem to come up with an answer to this question. I have a Lariat with Lux packaged on order. When looking at the details the Lariat Luxury Package comes with 400W/110 Inverter (Cab Outlet with USB in Rear Console +Bed Outlet. What is the optional $150 - 110v/400W added to my order (located in Cab rear center console). That is included and I should remove it, right??
From my limited understanding of the Lariat w/ Lux Pkg it seems you would already be getting both cab and bed upgraded outlets within the Lux Pkg. So I don't understand why there would be a separate charge for the cab's upgraded outlets (my order does not have such a charge).

Also, from the many reviews I've read/watched it seems those 2 upgraded outlet areas are included in the Lux Pkg. But I haven't seen a Lariat w/ Lux Pkg live yet to verify.

I'd call Ford Customer Service and have them review your order. And please, let us know what Ford says.

Update: Just watched this new review of a 2.0L Lariat with Lux Pkg and it does show the cab 110 outlet with USB and the bed 110 outlet. Its hard to see but at approx 3:30 time he shows the window sticker and it looks like it just has the Lux Pkg and Co-Pilot options.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Below $30k was my goal as well. My Lariat Luxury hybrid with Cyber Orange is only $29,300 from Chapman.

mavfan2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I just picked up my XLT Lux AWD 4k towing truck today. I'm super impressed with the build quality. Everything seems really solid, much more so than I expected. Also, one thing that really surprised me is the interior color. Pictures don't give an accurate impression, as it is a much darker blue, which is so nice. The cloth seats are very comfortable and are also darker than the videos and pictures I had seen. The orange accents, even the center console insert are very tasteful. I was really worried that they would not go well, as they don't look nice in the pictures and videos, but in real life, not bad at all.

So if you are wondering if the XLT Lux was worth it over the Lariat...
Some of that is preference. I really didn't like the look of the lariat seats, sorry, but that is just my preference.
I love the factory spray in bed liner. I know, you might think me nuts, but I love the ford emblem embossed on the back of the bed.

I know this isn't a review thread, but just for any who were wondering, zero hood flutter as mentioned on other threads.

I'm really happy with the XLT Lux, but if you like the look of the Lariat interior and are willing to give up whatever you miss on the XLT Lux then go for the Lariat. As for me XLT was a great choice.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked up my XLT Lux AWD 4k towing truck today. I'm super impressed with the build quality. Everything seems really solid, much more so than I expected. Also, one thing that really surprised me is the interior color. Pictures don't give an accurate impression, as it is a much darker blue, which is so nice. The cloth seats are very comfortable and are also darker than the videos and pictures I had seen. The orange accents, even the center console insert are very tasteful. I was really worried that they would not go well, as they don't look nice in the pictures and videos, but in real life, not bad at all.

So if you are wondering if the XLT Lux was worth it over the Lariat...
Some of that is preference. I really didn't like the look of the lariat seats, sorry, but that is just my preference.
I love the factory spray in bed liner. I know, you might think me nuts, but I love the ford emblem embossed on the back of the bed.

I know this isn't a review thread, but just for any who were wondering, zero hood flutter as mentioned on other threads.

I'm really happy with the XLT Lux, but if you like the look of the Lariat interior and are willing to give up whatever you miss on the XLT Lux then go for the Lariat. As for me XLT was a great choice.
The biggest thing I'm giving up, that I can't replace, is the power outlet in the bed. I'm bummed that I won't get that. I feel like most of the other XLT Lux-specific items are either cold weather-related, or are obtainable, either as stand-alone options or accessories.

I probably wouldn't have given thought to making the trim change, except I was irked that Ford subbed a drop in bed liner for the spray in liner (in the XLT Lux pkg) by the time I placed my order in November. I was told that the drop in liner could not be deleted from my order, with or without a credit. So I was paying for a bed liner that I didn't want and wouldn't keep. Ruminating over that fact was what started the process of moving over to a Lariat.

Ironically, an XLT was taken off the truck at my dealer the day I went to make the change, so I did get a chance to see the XLT interior. I agree. It looks better in person than in photos and videos.

mavfan2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I live in Texas, so hot weather is something I live with. I never thought I would want a heated steering wheel or seats, but wow, even in 50-60 degree weather it was really nice, but I often have cold hands. 😊

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Below $30k was my goal as well. My Lariat Luxury hybrid with Cyber Orange is only $29,300 from Chapman.
In today's market that really is crazy considering how much you get. The hybrid is a killer deal at every trim.
Sponsored