First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love Ford trucks, my 07 ranger stx hydroplaned when i was on the freeway. Pockets of complete vision blocking rain were in and out, and I started sliding in one and could not even see enough to tell i was sliding at first. Poor ranger slid nose first sideways into a retaining wall at 60 and bounced around but never tipped or rolled, airbags didn't go off (in my opinion they didn't need to).... still ran, got me off the freeway. Frame was slightly bent in the rear, nearly 10000 in damages, dealer tapped out around 8000. I argued with them for 3 days that I would pay the remainder of all costs to fix the truck, absolutely loved that truck. I sourced the parts they couldn't find. In the end I took the 9800 offered and cancelled my policy with them in the same phone call.

I greatly miss that truck and am extremely excited to get my Maverick when it's ready, I am happy to wait as I know it'll be good. I bet my life on one once and I'll do it again.
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No....It is harder to total. Airbags are no longer an auto total. Body shop buddy near me says it now has to hit over 60 percent of vehicle value to total and sometimes more. He did that while showing me a f350 dually with almost 50k in damage that the insurance company WOULD NOT TOTAL
I think in the head lights alone they hit the 60% :ROFLMAO:

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm terrified of even getting in a minor accident. What would the parts supply chain even look like, seeing how Ford can't even get the parts to build them?

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I Have change 100s of air bags in vehicles in my shop, its all about the vehicles value, you have to change the sensors, air bags, control unit, dash and some times seats depends how many bags deployed that adds up to big bucks!
Insurance company's only cares about money, I spent 2 days in hospital for a simple procedure the bill was 99,999,95 plus the Dr bills they want that air bag to deploy, they would much rather pay you for a 30k truck than a 100k hospital bill.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure where you were when this happened, but here in The Mitten State, opening day of firearms season is Nov. 15th, and so the deer are being rooted out of their normal places, not only dealing with horny bucks but also humans shooting off guns. Does can be pretty docile but it doesn't take much to trigger the flight response in a buck.
Glad it wasn't worse. I've seen antler racks go right through the windshield.
Yup.
Same here in MO. Deer are flighty panicky prey animals and a huge PIA. Reintroduction of the wolf would restore balance, but that will never happen. As a driver, you can pay attention as much as is humanly possible and it will have little to no effect on mitigating a deer strike. It's like this....Shit!...Deer!...Bam!!!

Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup.
Same here in MO. Deer are flighty panicky prey animals and a huge PIA. Reintroduction of the wolf would restore balance, but that will never happen. As a driver, you can pay attention as much as is humanly possible and it will have little to no effect on mitigating a deer strike. It's like this....Shit!...Deer!...Bam!!!
Totally agree. After living in a deer state for three years, I put deer hunters in a position similar to firefighters and nurses.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Because I don't know, say the owner paid a market adjustment. Would insurance only cover the msrp? Owner has to make up difference.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally agree. After living in a deer state for three years, I put deer hunters in a position similar to firefighters and nurses.
LOL! So true. There are way too many of the damn things. I would like to see year round deer hunting in MO. It would help.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
From a group I'm in --

We got an XLT Lux 4K 10/26, (someone's unwanted order). Drove 3 1/2 hours one way to get it, had the worst dealer experience in Beatrice, NE. Took it on its first long haul yesterday and it was great! Great mpg, great ride, easy in the NE/WY wind. Then it went deer hunting on the way home. Neither it or the little buck survived sadly. I, however, am fine. For a little truck it did an amazing job keeping me safe after hitting dead on. Beyond airbag burn and bruises, I'm fine. There were airbags everywhere, the emergency response features were solid, it was mashed but had enough in it to get me off the interstate (it was pitch black, windy as crap, and semis were out in full force.) It had a little less than 1300 miles on it, we will buy another.

257377294_10227284688327049_3877284940617914660_n.jpg
257206533_10227284688207046_901349318852143628_n.jpg

VIDEO

I am so sorry that happened. Glad you are alright. Sure you will be sore! Will say a prayer for you.

Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
This isn’t the OP’s truck. He copy and pasted this from another site.
Why would you say that? Kind of a rough judgment unless you have proof.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would you say that? Kind of a rough judgment unless you have proof.
Because at the very top of the OP post he said it was from a site he’s on. That’s why.
From a group I'm in --

We got an XLT Lux 4K 10/26, (someone's unwanted order). Drove 3 1/2 hours one way to get it, had the worst dealer experience in Beatrice, NE. Took it on its first long haul yesterday and it was great! Great mpg, great ride, easy in the NE/WY wind. Then it went deer hunting on the way home. Neither it or the little buck survived sadly. I, however, am fine. For a little truck it did an amazing job keeping me safe after hitting dead on. Beyond airbag burn and bruises, I'm fine. There were airbags everywhere, the emergency response features were solid, it was mashed but had enough in it to get me off the interstate (it was pitch black, windy as crap, and semis were out in full force.) It had a little less than 1300 miles on it, we will buy another.

257377294_10227284688327049_3877284940617914660_n.jpg
257206533_10227284688207046_901349318852143628_n.jpg

VIDEO

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
On the subject of totaling the vehicle, don't forget this is a unibody vehicel and probbably has crumple zones that are designed to drop the engine down and help absorb energy. Hit a deer hard enough and those crumple zones could start to bend and structurally you are done. It won't ride right and is not safe, just like bending the frame in the old days, but way harder or impossible to fix.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Because at the very top of the OP post he said it was from a site he’s on. That’s why.
Thanks! Look how many of us missed that!! Sorry for my comments!
Sponsored