First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's seems pretty clean for a nearly 60mph square hit.....guessing it was a scrawny deer?

Wifey tagged a 200+lb buck in a similar manor a few years ago with her Pilot, much different picture!

DNR needs to open up deer hunting, the deer population is out of control.
Yeah I’m not exactly sure that he was fully grown, but he had a pretty substantial body. His head was about level with mine sitting in the drivers seat, since we both got to stare each other in the eyes….briefly 😂
Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drove over 300 miles last Sunday mostly at night on high alert the whole way home, 15 feet from my driveway a Buck jumps out. Missed by inches. Feel your pain.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having vehicularly-homicided a Bambi before, I can attest to how infuriating this is. My Bambi died via 1989 Mercury Topaz, less than a mile from home, during a blizzard. Killing a deer with your car is almost a right of passage in Michigan though.
Glad no human injuries+ here and hopefully replacement Mav parts can be acquired before next year's snow!

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having vehicularly-homicided a Bambi before, I can attest to how infuriating this is. My Bambi died via 1989 Mercury Topaz, less than a mile from home, during a blizzard. Killing a deer with your car is almost a right of passage in Michigan though.
Mine was ~700 yards from the entrance to the subdivision, snowy conditions that had slowed me down from the posted 50 mph, in a car that I'd just gotten back from the collision shop. Darn deer ran out onto the road into the left front fender, cracked the headlamp, dented the hood, banged up the bumper cover... Much of which had just been repaired or replaced. Oh, and only after I went to give someone a ride back from work because their ride was fast asleep. 🤦

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Deer know, some how, how to ruin someone's day. Even if you've never hunted them. Probably not shooting them makes your chances worse.

Sponsored

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I am now in the club of damaged Maverick’s unfortunately. I was driving on a rural highway last night and collided with a deer. The speed limit was 60mph and the deer jumped out about 50ft in front of me before meeting the front end of my truck. They really do just stand there and stare at your headlights 🙄

I’m waiting to hear from insurance about scheduling a time for the adjuster to come out and look at it. I’ve owned my Maverick for 1 year and 1 month and just ticked over 40k on the odometer

I apologize in advance for the crappy photo quality, it was dark and my camera is a little messed up on my phone at the moment

31B2C31F-7174-4AE1-B293-FE4EE9385BD9.jpeg
I live in deer country too, I have hit 1 deer after that I will beep my horn intermittently or just crank the music up so it is not the hum of the engine they hear

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in deer country too, I have hit 1 deer after that I will beep my horn intermittently or just crank the music up so it is not the hum of the engine they hear
Got tons of bambi around here, hit a couple with my truck after dark. No damage so far.
How about a Kelly's Heroes hood ornament

Ford Maverick Deer vs. Maverick khs

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On a dark and stormy night last year I was crossing the mountain and hit t the stag of my dreams. It bounced off a car coming the other direction and took out my front quarter panel. This is a deer I had been hunting for the last month and never got a shot. Up until this time, I had my eye on an older Porsche Cayenne to replace my Subaru. Good thing I didn't have the Porsche. The cost of fixing the Subaru was minimal and the shop had it back to me in week. That is when I decided to get a Ford. Parts are cheaper and readily available.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got tons of bambi around here, hit a couple with my truck after dark. No damage so far.
How about a Kelly's Heroes hood ornament

khs.jpg
with real ammo? lol

AtlasBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I am now in the club of damaged Maverick’s unfortunately. I was driving on a rural highway last night and collided with a deer. The speed limit was 60mph and the deer jumped out about 50ft in front of me before meeting the front end of my truck. They really do just stand there and stare at your headlights 🙄

I’m waiting to hear from insurance about scheduling a time for the adjuster to come out and look at it. I’ve owned my Maverick for 1 year and 1 month and just ticked over 40k on the odometer

I apologize in advance for the crappy photo quality, it was dark and my camera is a little messed up on my phone at the moment

31B2C31F-7174-4AE1-B293-FE4EE9385BD9.jpeg
Glad you are okay and hope you bought gap insurance!

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good thing Mavericks come with a bed. Toss the deer in the bed and take it home with you. Should be able to get a few meals out of it.
Seriously. I had a Wisconsin girlfriend that would always carry a big knife for such an occasion. Her car was pretty rough.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in whitetail country in northern NY. One night this summer, on the 11-mile ride home from a friend's house, I saw nine deer. As I started up my 100-yard tree-lined driveway, I was glad to be home with no contact. A second later a doe jumped out in front of me and I jammed on the brakes and narrowly missed her.

The darn things are a hazard! I do my part each fall with a rifle during hunting season. (y)🦌

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for your loss. It's that time of the year when searching for the opposite gender gets the deer moving. Sort of like some of the teen years for humans!!
Always drilled into my kids heads: brake straight ahead of you can, but never swerve to miss an animal: take it out though you don’t want to 🤷‍♂️
At 60 mph you are traveling at about 88 ft/sec. Average reaction time is about 3/4 of a second so most people travel 66 feet before the brake is applied. So, a deer at 50 feet staring into your headlights is dead meat. Unfortunately, so is the front end of your Maverick!!! However, hit the deer rather than lose control and hurt yourself or occupants.
Sponsored