Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Good photos. I’ve been looking at Escapes and Bronco Sports trying to get a feel for the proportions of the Maverick. I was hoping that the green house would have a different shape and in fact it does. The rear window looks proper on the Maverick. This trucklet is a nice size.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks pretty compact, i dig it. We test drove a Bronco Sport and my girlfriend liked it a lot. She drives a Fit right now and loved how short and compact the Bronco Sport is. For me it kinda reminded me of my old Geo Tracker that I loved, just without a soft top and with 4 doors.

Only think I really dont like is how stylish the Bronco Sport is then the Maverick is just so bleh. Its the soft rounded edges of the Maverick front and rear I think versus the sharp contrasts of the Bronco Sport style.

Reactions: Doc

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
We just caught a Ford Maverick pickup truck testing alongside a Bronco Sport, giving us another comparison point for the size of Ford’s new compact truck.

Ford-Maverick-Bronco-Sport-Spied-Size-Comparison-1.jpg
Ford-Maverick-Bronco-Sport-Spied-Size-Comparison-3.jpg
Ford-Maverick-Bronco-Sport-Spied-Size-Comparison-2.jpg
Ford-Maverick-Bronco-Sport-Spied-Size-Comparison-4.jpg
Haven't gotten home to hyper analyze, but are those new wheels in the first pic??

Sponsored

hschubie

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma Crew Cab
Come on, Ford. Give us some dimensions. Is this going to bring me back to my old 2002 Ranger or do I sell my 2012 Taco Crew Cab and just go out and buy a Ridgeline this time?

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I'm liking that size. Looks like basically on par with the Bronco Sport, Which I thought was a good size when I stood next to a model on display. Side note, that Bronco sport actually looks really good in white. I'm normally not a fan of white o a vehicle, but that looks nice. Makes me wonder what white will look like on the Maverick.

For a vehicle that does not officially exist, Ford seems to be driving them around a fair amount.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This truck's dimensions are looking nice and tidy! I remember we had a size comparison between the two cars when the Mav was still under heavy camo, but this helps us get an even better idea. The Maverick seems to have a significantly longer wheelbase than the Bronco Sport, which I'm hoping will translate to a exceptional ride quality.

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
This truck's dimensions are looking nice and tidy! I remember we had a size comparison between the two cars when the Mav was still under heavy camo, but this helps us get an even better idea. The Maverick seems to have a significantly longer wheelbase than the Bronco Sport, which I'm hoping will translate to a exceptional ride quality.
And hopefully comfy rear seats that won't be 90 degrees

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid