Sponsored

Maverick Production - I see a two year wait in the future.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FORD cannot meet demand for Maverick in North America so what will happen as sales in South America (Argentina and Brazil) comes on line. I see a two rear wait in the future.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I read that South American sales were still a year away.

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
T
I thought I read that South American sales were still a year away.
I understand that you and i will already have our Mavericks - but - i do not believe that the line of customers is getting any shorter. What happens to the Hybrid pent up demand for 2023 when my son is planning to place his order.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Please. Stop. Think. Be positive. Don't listen to the idiots. We are living in a wonderful time where a hiccup causes hysteria.

Nowhere in the history of automaking has a car producer not been able to make enough vehicles for a hugely popular model. It's what they do.

Please go talk to someone in just about any business. There is a global supply chain crisis happening due the Covid shutting down production of a multitude of items world wide. It is affecting all cars, not just the one you want.

In due time, things will straighten out and everyone can buy 12 Mavericks each. Just watch.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORD cannot meet demand for Maverick in North America so what will happen as sales in South America (Argentina and Brazil) comes on line. I see a two rear wait in the future.
where exactly did Ford say they can't meet demand for all Mavericks? Maybe between the cheeks of that 2 REAR future you're looking at? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Jim graham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please. Stop. Think. Be positive. Don't listen to the idiots. We are living in a wonderful time where a hiccup causes hysteria.

Nowhere in the history of automaking has a car producer not been able to make enough vehicles for a hugely popular model. It's what they do.

Please go talk to someone in just about any business. There is a global supply chain crisis happening due the Covid shutting down production of a multitude of items world wide. It is affecting all cars, not just the one you want.

In due time, things will straighten out and everyone can buy 12 Mavericks each. Just watch.
AMEN

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Amen, brother.

Uncartha56

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
T
I understand that you and i will already have our Mavericks - but - i do not believe that the line of customers is getting any shorter. What happens to the Hybrid pent up demand for 2023 when my son is planning to place his order.
I am pretty sure it has, you can not order a hybrid as of 11/15 and can not order one till now till summer 2023, I am pretty sure sure they did that for a reason and not because they just woke up one day.
I was worried about this too when I ordered on 11/01, but all info I have seen points to that everything is gunna be fine and just got to wait in the line to get on the ride.
I think they cut them off as they have an idea what they can do in a model year, I would just recommend keeping your ear to the ground for when orders go live again for the hybrid goes live again for 2023. Probably in June 2023 would be my guess to get orders in, but I do not know %100 what all goes on over that way, just be positive and have a back up plan if things go south. I got a lease that ends next Nov and first I was nervous I would not have it till then, but that would be past the 2022 model year so.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am pretty sure it has, you can not order a hybrid as of 11/15 and can not order one till now till summer 2023, I am pretty sure sure they did that for a reason and not because they just woke up one day.
I was worried about this too when I ordered on 11/01, but all info I have seen points to that everything is gunna be fine and just got to wait in the line to get on the ride.
I think they cut them off as they have an idea what they can do in a model year, I would just recommend keeping your ear to the ground for when orders go live again for the hybrid goes live again for 2023. Probably in June 2023 would be my guess to get orders in, but I do not know %100 what all goes on over that way, just be positive and have a back up plan if things go south. I got a lease that ends next Nov and first I was nervous I would not have it till then, but that would be past the 2022 model year so.
When in doubt just ask your local Ford dealer when they expect the orders to become live for the 2023 Maverick run. And if they can't answer your question call Ford directly and ask them when you'll be able to place your order

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Tell that to the folks waiting a year and a half for a Bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am waiting since early July. No production date. Simple Hybrid Lariat with Lux Package no add-ons. I am told i should have it late April. If that is your idea of meeting customer demanded lets get another continent in line and see where the line ends.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tell that to the folks waiting a year and a half for a Bronco
Do you think.....just a slight possiblilty ........that maybe, just maybe .....the same situation applies to the Bronco also? (Besides any production snafu's).. Any chance?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am waiting since early July. No production date. Simple Hybrid Lariat with Lux Package no add-ons. I am told i should have it late April. If that is your idea of meeting customer demanded lets get another continent in line and see where the line ends.
Well production didn't even start until the middle of September, so you're really only a little over 2 months in. @fordvideoguy has said more than once he anticipates any hybrid ordered before the cutoff to be delivered sometime by May. You may get yours sooner since you're an early order.

This is all to be expected. The anxiety around it makes little sense to me. Do you actively need this vehicle right now? Anyone who really needs a vehicle right away should not pick a new model launch - even in the best of times.

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well production didn't even start until the middle of September, so you're really only a little over 2 months in. @fordvideoguy has said more than once he anticipates any hybrid ordered before the cutoff to be delivered sometime by May. You may get yours sooner since you're an early order.

This is all to be expected. The anxiety around it makes little sense to me. Do you actively need this vehicle right now? Anyone who really needs a vehicle right away should not pick a new model launch - even in the best of times.
Your right it is many months into production (the September date was not what was originally advertised for production it was the delivery date) and not a single retail hybrid (the standard for the Maverick) has left Mexico. The only thing new about the Atkinson engine is that Ford took over production. eCVT is not new either, I have both of them on my 2021 Escape Titanium Hybrid. They didn’t complete the government paperwork so there sitting in Mexico with the leaking Bronco roofs. Neither one is waiting on chips in order to ship. We have a difference of opinion on FORD’s performance - mine comes as a customer and stockholder. Enough said - only time will tell.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid