First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted these questions on YouTube. Answers were provided by Tim Bartz [Internet Sales Manager/ Long McCarthur Ford, Saliinas, KS].
I added some minor edits.

Q1: I know the $150.00 (under “Interior Options) optional 110V/400W Outlet is for the outlet located in the Cab on the rear of the center console. - Is the Power Outlet on the rear (driver) side of the bed “standard” on the XL? XLT?

A1: NO. It only gets the outlet behind the console not in the bed unless one gets the XLT Luxury Package or Lariat Luxury Package. I had to read the details on that one.

Q2: Is the $300.00 option “Bed Divider Kit” in essence the same as the “Bed Rails” or is it the equivalent of a bunch of wood (2x4, 2x6, 2x10) divider kit made out of some (other than wood) material?

A2: I don't believe it is the bed rails, bed rails are included on the Lariat Luxury Package, I believe it is a divider kit, similar to what is available on the F-150, 2 hard plastic divider pieces that would fit in the the bed grooves. So you wouldn't have to make your own out of wood, like the lazy bums like me.

Q3: On the front bumper of the XL & XLT – are the modular rectangles pieces on the driver and passenger sides “snap popables” pieces? If they pop out, is there a pre-threaded hole behind the pieces to thread in tow hooks and replace the plastic pieces with shorter (square) ones like the ones on the Lariat?

A3: Great question, I'm sure those can be popped off not sure if tow hooks can be attached to the frame or not. I would assume they have pre-drilled holes for them.

Q4: If one were to look under the center front console of the XL & XLT – are they pre-wired to install a (Ford OEM) wireless phone pad that would make it equivalent to the one offered on the Lariat?

A4: Pretty sure you would not see the wiring for the wireless charging pad. I think you would have to go up the Lariat Luxury to get that.

Q5: If one were to "order" options such as “splash guards” – are they installed by the delivering dealer or are they plastic wrapped in a bag and thrown on the back seat of the vehicle for the customer to install?

A5: The splash guards would be in a plastic bag in the vehicle from the factory. The dealer SHOULD put them on the vehicle at the time of setup along with front license plate bracket, bed mats and any other dealer installed options (DIO).

Q6: On the XLT - Does the “Full Size Spare Tire” option come with an aluminum wheel or a steel wheel?

A6: Should be a steel wheel.

Q7: Are the seat belts height adjustable?

A7: Should be.

Q8: Are all windows “one touch down/ one touch up” or just the driver’s?

A8: Just the drivers door on the XLT, all doors on Lariat.

Q9: Out of all the other existing Ford vehicles (i.e. "Bronco") which one would you recommend to go look at to get a feel for a similar (hybrid) engine to the Maverick and which one would you recommend to go sit in to get a feel for the Maverick seats?

A9: I would look at the Bronco Sport to be similar in feel and size. (They are both being built in the same plant in Hermosillo, Mexico). Also the Ford Escape Hybrid for engine and handling feel.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just answered a lot of questions. Thanks

OP
OP

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those that are considering the Ford CoPilot360 (option "86B") and-or the Full Size Spare Tire option ... see below.

The Full Size spare tire is added at no additional cost as part of the Ford CoPilot360 option.

If you choose the Ford CoPilot360 (option "86B") at $540.00 you then get the Full Size spare tire option (-$115.00 by itself) included for free.

$540.00 - $115.00 = $425.00

In essence - you end up paying $425.00 for the Ford CoPilot360 + a full size spare tire.

Last edited:

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
I posted these questions on YouTube. Answers were provided by Tim Bartz [Internet Sales Manager/ Long McCarthur Ford, Saliinas, KS]. THXs.

Q1: I know the $150.00 (under “Interior Options) optional 110V/400W Outlet is for the outlet located in the Cab on the rear of the center console. - Is the Power Outlet on the rear (driver) side of the bed “standard” on the XL? XLT?

A1: No it only gets the outlet behind the console not in the bed unless you get the XLT Luxury Package or Lariat Luxury Package. I had to read the details on that one.

MY COMMENT on Q/A#1: IMHO, is kind of ridiculous that Ford is making a "Doer/Maker's" needed option (e.g. in-bed "110V/400W Outlet") available only as part of the "Luxury" package ... I guess they expect the Maverick user "The Doer/Maker" to be more likely to need to run a blender or a hair dryer than a real maker's tool ... If I do decide to go with a Ford Maverick, I'll have to order the "split rear window" option, put an electrical extension cord and a rag in the little cube (on the passenger side of the bed), and then put the rag on top of the back seat, connect the extension cord to the "110V/400W Outlet" in the rear of the center console and run the extension cord on top of the rag through the "split rear window" so that I can have the equivalent of a "110V/400W Outlet" available in the bed of the truck ... not very elegant, but that's what a real "Doer/Maker" would do ... not the the "Hipster Doer/Makers" in charge of Marketing at the Ford Motor Co. that determined that a "110V/400W Outlet" in the bed of he truck was a "Luxury" ... I hope this gets wide dissemination since is directly "contraire" (hipster language) to the "hipster" marketing campaign of "Makers & Doers" that the Ford Maverick is launching under.

Q2: Is the $300.00 option “Bed Divider Kit” in essence the same as the “Bed Rails” or is it the equivalent of a bunch of wood (2x4, 2x6, 2x10) divider kit made out of some (other than wood) material?

A2: I don't believe it is the bed rails, bed rails are included on the Lariat Luxury Package, I believe it is a divider kit, similar to what is available on the F-150, 2 hard plastic divider pieces that would fit in the the bed grooves. So you wouldn't have to make your own out of wood, like the lazy bums like me.

Q3: On the front bumper of the XL & XLT – are the modular rectangles pieces on the driver and passenger sides “snap popables” pieces? If they pop out, is there a pre-threaded hole behind the pieces to thread in tow hooks and replace the plastic pieces with shorter (square) ones like the ones on the Lariat?

A3: Great question, I'm sure those can be popped off not sure if tow hooks can be attached to the frame or not. I would assume they have pre-drilled holes for them.

Q4: If one were to look under the center front console of the XL & XLT – are they pre-wired to install a (Ford OEM) wireless phone pad that would make it equivalent to the one offered on the Lariat?

A4: Pretty sure you would not see the wiring for the wireless charging pad. I think you would have to go up the Lariat Luxury to get that.

Q5: If one were to "order" options such as “splash guards” – are they installed by the delivering dealer or are they plastic wrapped in bag and thrown on the back seat of the vehicle for the customer to install?

A5: The splash guards would be in a plastic bag in the vehicle from the factory. The dealer SHOULD put them on the vehicle at the time of setup along with front license plate bracket, bed mats and any other dealer installed options (DIO).

Q6: On the XLT - Does the “Full Size Spare Tire” option come with an aluminum wheel or a steel wheel?

A6: Should be a steel wheel.

Q7: Are the seat belts height adjustable?

A7: Should be.

Q8: Are all windows “one touch down/ one touch up” or just the driver’s?

A8: Just the drivers door on the XLT, all doors on Lariat.

Q9: Out of all the other existing Ford vehicles (i.e. "Bronco") which one would you recommend to go look at a similar (hybrid) engine to the Maverick setup and which one would you recommend to go sit in to get a feel for the Maverick seats?

A9: I would look at the Bronco Sport to be similar in feel and size. (They are both being built in the same plant).

The 110v/400w outlet will not provide enough power for most blenders, hairdryers or "...a real maker's tool ...". I'd suggest anyone who is thinking along those lines carefully check their appliance/tool label for minimum power requirements. These outlets may be useful/provide enough power for powering battery chargers, or other appliances with very low power needs.

OP
OP

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the Fender Accents on the Bronco Sport would fit the Ford Maverick ...

Ford Maverick Maverick Options & Accessories Ford Bronco Fender Flares

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate those questions and answers - especially the tow hooks question since I might like to add those after my build down the line.

Thx!

OP
OP

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the Maverick bed comes with predrilled, prethreaded holes for the M6 1.00 x 25mm head button head cap screws to attach the bed rails to the bed as depicted on the Ford Motor Co. YouTube video below ... also, the parts list on the video seems to be missing washers needed by the head button head cap screws to cover the strut holes when attaching the screws, through the bed rails, to the bed.

How to make a Bed Side Rail for your 2022 Ford Maverick

Last edited:

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate those questions and answers - especially the tow hooks question since I might like to add those after my build down the line.

Thx!
Like the Bronco Sport, if you do not option Tow Hooks on a Maverick you will not be able to add them later. The structure into which the hooks bolt is not present on non-FX4 vehicles.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like the Bronco Sport, if you do not option Tow Hooks on a Maverick you will not be able to add them later. The structure into which the hooks bolt is not present on non-FX4 vehicles.
Gotcha.... appreciate that. It's been quite awhile since I looked at the Sport builds, so I'd forgotten that, but since I'm going the hybrid route here I'll forgo the hooks.
Sponsored