Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure seems like BS (they list two completely different range figures a paragraph apart) but kind of weird it's on an actual Ford dealerships website.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If I found it on the internet it must be true.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit done by someone's nephew for SEO.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit done by someone's nephew for SEO.
It's like the website form of those clickbaity Youtube channels with the word "Tech" in the channel name just coming up with all sorts of unsubstantiated bullshit rumors and clickbait titles like "Ford is done!" with Jim Farley's face plastered all over the thumbnail.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't understand why people think this is a hard thing to do. It's actually a DIY garage project as a FWD for a gear head. Shops are doing a variety of conversions now with Ford and Chevy traction crate motors.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don't understand why people think this is a hard thing to do. It's actually a DIY garage project as a FWD for a gear head. Shops are doing a variety of conversions now with Ford and Chevy traction crate motors.
I know I have been thinking about going electric with my AMC Eagle one day. The rear smugglers hatch and fuel tank is a huge space for batteries plus a small pack upfront and a Mach-e motor attached to the t-case in the trans tunnel. Should still have room for a bit of a frunk tray.

As for the article. "Wholy speculation Batman, the articles speculations are full of holes!"

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know I have been thinking about going electric with my AMC Eagle one day. The rear smugglers hatch and fuel tank is a huge space for batteries plus a small pack upfront and a Mach-e motor attached to the t-case in the trans tunnel. Should still have room for a bit of a frunk tray.

As for the article. "Wholy speculation Batman, the articles speculations are full of holes!"
Yep speculation but not far fetched. All the hard pieces exist aside from a specifically designed battery to fit the gas tank space. The Ford 281HP electric traction motor goes for $3900, about $1000 cheaper than a 2L and trans.

Wilkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wilkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT in Area51 Rhino Lining GatorTrio
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no doubt that Ford (and every other manufacturer) has plans to go to a full EV line up and not make gas or diesel engine consumer vehicles. So, regardless of how accurate any info we have now, there will be an electric version of the Maverick, eventually.

Given how longs its taking people to get their current Mavericks, I am not holding my breath.....

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no doubt that Ford (and every other manufacturer) has plans to go to a full EV line up and not make gas or diesel engine consumer vehicles. So, regardless of how accurate any info we have now, there will be an electric version of the Maverick, eventually.

Given how longs its taking people to get their current Mavericks, I am not holding my breath.....
will the hitch still be a constraint? :ROFLMAO:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep speculation but not far fetched. All the hard pieces exist aside from a specifically designed battery to fit the gas tank space. The Ford 281HP electric traction motor goes for $3900, about $1000 cheaper than a 2L and trans.
Oh for sure. It just seems like A, this would have come from a source closer to corporate Ford. And B, the power output is curiously identical to the current hybrid model. Seems like a Ryan Reynolds Deadpool "fake trailer leak" scenario. Fake it till you make it type deal.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Says it may go on sale in Europe. Guess that 3rd shift getting added in July is to build Maverick EVs for Europe. Darn I thought it was for catch up on US sales. Guess they beat out all the real Ford journalists for the scoop. Although I think I did see a Youtube video from Clean Tech that the 2024 was going to be EV. And it had 220 views so it must be legit, right?
Sponsored