Sponsored

Maverick Hybrid XL - difference between Normal mode and Sport Mode?

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone tell if there is a difference between Normal mode and Sport Mode? Finally received mine truck yesterda
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

Sport mode has increased throttle response, fake shifts, and won’t shut off the engine unless you are stopped.

It’s actually kind of a riot, I recommend trying it

OP
OP
jasonh_fitness
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sport mode has increased throttle response, fake shifts, and won’t shut off the engine unless you are stopped.

Ok cool..
Thanks for the input.... Anything else new that you discovered that wasn't told?

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sport mode is kind of a play thing. Try it once or twice, and then I am guessing you will find no particular value in it.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love sport mode! lots of fun. The throttle responds much faster, and of course you accelerate quicker and The steering wheel gets a bit tighter as well for the sportier feel

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried it and I was hard pressed to find a difference. And for that, whatever difference there is in gas mileage between normal and sport modes isn't worth paying.

Deleted member 1483

Yeah, you'll lose like 10mpg in sport mode. (which for me is still like 35 haha).

I mean, not sure what you are looking for. It's meant to just be "fun mode". It's almost the exact same a Tow mode, except for braking feel.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, you'll lose like 10mpg in sport mode. (which for me is still like 35 haha).

I mean, not sure what you are looking for. It's meant to just be "fun mode". It's almost the exact same a Tow mode, except for braking feel.
Better acceleration and a stiffer suspension that allows me to feel the road more. Again, it's difficult to compare what I'm used to in a sports car to a truck. But then, I also think the Maverick is super quiet.

Tradeoffs, man.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Better acceleration and a stiffer suspension that allows me to feel the road more. Again, it's difficult to compare what I'm used to in a sports car to a truck. But then, I also think the Maverick is super quiet.

Tradeoffs, man.
suspension? The maverick has variable shocks?

I like the L button aka the one pedal driving button/max regen

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Sport XLT
Engine
Undecided

Sport mode in my Ranger is fun, hangs on to gears longer, worse gas mileage but fun to drive in. Very torqy and I suspect a change in valve timing. Almost like a mild tune. I know it’s not a hybrid but had to put my 2C in
Sponsored