First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heat is electric in the hybrid. You can heat up the car entirely in electric assuming HV charge, conditions,etc. The reasons I know it can heat up entirely in electric is getting in to warm it up for a few minutes and warmed the cab without the engine ever starting. And I've gone out many times to a toasty hot remote started truck with no ice on the windows, and an ice cold engine lol.
I am retired and donā€™t get a lot of chances to use the automatic start. When I substitute teach, I get to use the auto start and love coming out to a nice warm truck.
Sponsored

Beekeo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Besides moving the transmission shift points to higher RPMs, Sport mode also adjusts throttle response to pedal input

Iā€™ll use it when I have a difficult highway merge and I want to be firmly in the powerband without the need to downshift

I do wish it was easier to get from Normal to Sport, in our 2018 Escape it is a confident gear lever selection point, not 4-ish button presses that I need to take my eyes off the road to choose and verify

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want to heat up your cabin fast in the winter for a short first trip out, put it in Sport mode . Otherwise it seems to take forever. My morning 3 mile coffee trip in normal, gets me 24-29 mpg and the air is still blowing not cold, but not warm when I arrive. On the return trip, I can get 33-40 mpg and the heater starts working about half way home.

If I put it in Sport mode, it heats ups a little over halfway thru my first trip, then I can go back to normal.
This possibly could maybe be a solution for those experiencing a deep sleep problem.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my 23 XLT end of August. Drove entire time in eco mode. 2 weeks ago I discovered Sport mode. It feels like a completely different truck! Iā€™m amazed by the performance and feel! Gas mileage goes down significantly but itā€™s a lot more fun to drive!!
The default drive mode is std.curious why you selected eco instead of sport?

Matso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems like there should be two separate forums for eco and hybrid. The majority of discussions about one has little in common with the other.

Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In my previous Maverick ('22 XL AWD 4K), I was driving home from work and I always used eco mode to save mpg's. There was an older Dodge Dakota that had been egging me to race him. He would jackrabbit at every light, then wait for me to catch up at the next light. I finally had had enough so at the next light, I put my Mav in sport mode and took off and left him like he was sitting still. When he pulled next to me at the next light, he just looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. Now before some of you jump on me for racing in traffic, I work nights as a security officer, so all of this happened early in the morning on a Sunday with little to no other traffic. It is still something I will probably never do again, and to be honest, sport mode scared the s#!t out of me, which is why I am hesitant to add it to my current FX4 Maverick.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've watched a lot of videos with people using draggy on many different types of vehicles and they all seem to be around the same range. 5-7ish seconds 0-60. I know that's a difference but unless you are actually dragging your butt dyno probably won't notice and it's quick enough to get up when you need to in normal daily driving.

The one thing I really liked about the Hybrid setup was the transmission. It basically feels like a zero lag sort of setup. The automatic in my EB is like... "loading, loading, loading.... aaaaaand we're changing gears.... right.... now." lol

Sport mode changes this and obviously flooring it does too. But in some gears it really needs to think about it and you have to give it more pedal for it to recognize you want it to change. I would absolutely kill for a paddle shifter or any sort of manual downshift like I had in a 2012 RAM. When I wanted it to move, I forced the gear change and it was flawless.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There needs to be a mode that combines sport and normal. Sport fixes my sputtering/hesitation issues I have in normal mode but I canā€™t stand the low gear hold at high speeds

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the way this truck handles in sport mode, but I'm going to get myself in trouble with it one day. :cool:

Sponsored

jski

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait a minute... There's a sport mode?šŸ¤” I must be getting old because I thought it was fast enough in normal mode... Punch it & go always worked for me.
Guess I gotta play more šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems like there should be two separate forums for eco and hybrid. The majority of discussions about one has little in common with the other.
There are in the Power section but this was posted in the General Topics section
Sponsored