Maverick Hybrid Available!

cclaytonm

First Name
clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy truck
Hi everyone! Im new to the group and would like some advice. I just got a call yesterday saying a customer order didn’t go through for a maverick hybrid XTL with luxury package. The hybrids are extremely hard to get right now. They are doing a 4k markup! Do you think it’s worth the mark up or should I just wait it out? I just don’t know if I want this opportunity to slip since I don’t know when I will be able to get a hold on another hybrid. So my question is would you pay the 4k mark up or is that just crazy talk?! Lol thanks!
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi everyone! Im new to the group and would like some advice. I just got a call yesterday saying a customer order didn’t go through for a maverick hybrid XTL with luxury package. The hybrids are extremely hard to get right now. They are doing a 4k markup! Do you think it’s worth the mark up or should I just wait it out? I just don’t know if I want this opportunity to slip since I don’t know when I will be able to get a hold on another hybrid. So my question is would you pay the 4k mark up or is that just crazy talk?! Lol thanks!
I've seen a lot worse than 4k.

Bsperty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crab
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call ford and tell them you want to truck but feel the markup is not exceptable . Get the vin number if you can . Yea

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I have a 2016 Mustang GT convertible that I love. But since I got my Maverick, I never drive the Mustang. Mav is just more enjoyable, believe it or not.
I’m in the same boat. My 2018 Mustang GT, PP I never drove once I got my Maverick in March. I just sold it to Car Max Saturday and honestly I don’t miss it.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Durflife

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are numerous stories of $10k+.

I would look at the deal closely though. Is there any other dealer profit imbedded in there at your expense? If you really want an XLT you either do this one, shop around or sign up on August 5 and get in line with 1,000's of others for a '23. Some of that $4k though will go towards a sure markup next year.
Saw a mav yesterday. Xlt , not a hybrid. Dealer wants 12k over sticker!!!
I can’t imagine what they would charge for a hybrid.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Just me but MSRP is bad enough! I would never pay a markup over. My dealer already asked me for my build info to be in line for a 2023 when the order banks open.

BJ Wrangler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personaly, I cant see paying a markup on any new car unless it is so rare or unique. Do you think you'll ever see that 4k in value? In such a volital market how long will it take you to recoup that 4k..
good Luck

BJ Wrangler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw a mav yesterday. Xlt , not a hybrid. Dealer wants 12k over sticker!!!
I can’t imagine what they would charge for a hybrid.
Find a new dealer! Remeber, later that these dealers are not interested in a customer relationship

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What you are describing sounds like regen braking, doesn't use the physical brakes under light braking, it instead uses the electric motor in reverse to slow the car down and regain some of the electric charge.
The electric motor does not physically "reverse" the armature continues to rotate in the same direction, it is a three phase alternating current device and switching from generator to motor and back is accomplished by changing the order the field coils are activated. Not technically correct but can be visualized as reversing the polarity of the field coils so the current changes from pulling the armature to pushing the armature while the armature spins in same direction.

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Disabled vets don’t get the rebate. Rats!
If you are a member of the DAV, I believe you are eligible for FORD’s “X” pricing which could provide savings as well as other benefits. Why don’t you inquire with FORD or the DAV for details. Thank you for your service, and Good Luck!

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid 2k over but it was so worth it. Eb, AWD, 4K tow, Luxury, FX4, Co Pilot, hood deflector, rubber mats.

The 2023 will most likely be going up anyway.

Also have to remember that your trade in is higher than ever also.
I traded in my 2018 Honda Civic and it more than made up for it.
Congratulations!

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are a member of the DAV, I believe you are eligible for FORD’s “X” pricing which could provide savings as well as other benefits. Why don’t you inquire with FORD or the DAV for details. Thank you for your service, and Good Luck!
Will do
Thanks