First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not have a signed purchase order or receipt for a deposit. All I had was a copy of a DORA and many emails between Tom Borah and Steven Wepryk, one the owner and the other general manager of Chapman Horsham.

I believe that is the reason I was not protected from from the price increase, no signed order.

Finding out that the original quote would not be honored was the “kick in the butt” I needed to realize that my order was too much money for a truck I wanted but did not need.

As far as I’m, concerned, they did me a favor.

edit: spelling
I did not have a signed purchase order. Nor did Chapman have my drivers license or other verification information, other than my name, email address, phone, and address which I had sent to Chapman (but which they didn't request). I did to the online Ford reservation with them as the dealer.

Yet I still had a valid Ford order, and did get price protection.

I know when the RVOP saga was going on - I emailed Chapman (maybe a couple times) as I was concerned about it. They assured me that Ford was showing it as a valid, verified order. I don't know for sure but it might be because I had purchased an F150 in 2016 and had that in my vehicle Dashboard. Thus when I did the reservation/provided email, that might have been "good enough" in terms of Ford's verification process to not require a signed DORA or uploading of things like my license. (NOTE: I am not discussing the actual purchase process here - I had to provide my license and insurance info to Chapman before travelling to pick up the Maverick.)

Regarding price protection and the Dora statement - Chapman said something similar to me in a early January email exchange that I initiated after Ford did the price increase. I was polite in my correspondence with them, but I did provide them with my original invoice price a couple weeks ago when my truck finally arrived at the dealership.

One more thing: They did mention to me (when I was there picking up the truck w/the deal done) that they "hadn't yet gotten any money (yet) from Ford for price protection requests" and the "Ford has been very picky regarding eligibility". Again, that didn't impact my deal - but maybe the reimbursement process from Ford isn't as easy as we make it out to be, or maybe it just takes time, or maybe they are just making statements. I don't know, as I am not in their position to know...and other than curiosity I didn't care (as my deal was honored).

If they hadn't honored the deal, I would have still gone forward - but that decision is just because of market factors - i.e. knowing that I could likely sell it for more than I paid, even with taxes and fees. However, it wouldn't have been as nice of an experience and yes I would have been quite irritated with their actions, especially given my order was for Lariat + Lux + Sunroof + CP360 which was over $1000 difference in terms of the Ford price hike.

One more one more thing: The truck is quite nice! Maybe it is just the newness of it - but averaging 42+ MPG (I have a Hybrid) is well...pretty nice. Loving it so far!

Theo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've mentioned before but the only issue I've had with Chapman Horsham is that they "couldn't" honor my Farm Bureau discount as well as the Maverick Price protection even after they told me to sign up for it. $90 wasted. Also my truck was delivered to me with 22 miles on the clock (this is my first new vehicle purchase so I'm not sure if that's normal).

Matt Hille worked with me to get everything taken care of and he helped me hold the truck there for a few weeks while I was on vacation and also while I could secure a shipper.
I hope I will never have to do business with you...

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Made the 4hr roundtrip to Chapman this morning with my wife and son. No surprises, smooth process, and my Maverick was ready. I will buy from Chapman again, if I am ordering.

Ford Maverick Maverick Has Arrived. Chapman Ford Horsam Goes Full Scumbag F93475B7-89E2-4C84-8401-D85F040E70D1

Sponsored

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not have a signed purchase order. Nor did Chapman have my drivers license or other verification information, other than my name, email address, phone, and address which I had sent to Chapman (but which they didn't request). I did to the online Ford reservation with them as the dealer.

I don't know for sure but it might be because I had purchased an F150 in 2016 and had that in my vehicle Dashboard. Thus when I did the reservation/provided email, that might have been "good enough" in terms of Ford's verification process to not require a signed DORA or uploading of things like my license. (NOTE: I am not discussing the actual purchase process here - I had to provide my license and insurance info to Chapman before travelling to pick up the Maverick.)

Regarding price protection and the Dora statement - Chapman said something similar to me in a early January email exchange that I initiated after Ford did the price increase. I was polite in my correspondence with them, but I did provide them with my original invoice price a couple weeks ago when my truck finally arrived at the dealership.
Same as me except completely new buyer, first car ever so no prior history. Likewise they didn't get my License until the day before I went to pick it up, and to make it even more incredible did not make a reservation online, just texted them to put in my order.

They never mentioned anything about a price increase/protection and didn't respond to my inquiry making sure that the price was the original the day before I went to go pick up.
Picked it up in january, very smooth, price was the original one when I ordered in June all good.

lapercussion

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
OK so I'm considering the farm bureau thing I talked to my dealer and they said they would honor it
I looked at their website you have to contact them by email... directly there isn't a form or something or did I go to the wrong place https://www.fb.org/about/join. I can see them getting an email from a guy with no farm who just wants to join to get $500 off his truck and being laughed off.
Of course I don't have my xl hybrid truck yet or do I have a build date or anything even though I ordered it June 25th!!
I wouldn't join this thing till I know my truck is coming which I don't anticipate it coming any time soon if ever....

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Made the 4hr roundtrip to Chapman this morning with my wife and son. No surprises, smooth process, and my Maverick was ready. I will buy from Chapman again, if I am ordering.

F93475B7-89E2-4C84-8401-D85F040E70D1.jpeg
Keeping them both? (The Mavericks, I assume you ARE keeping your wife and son...)

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
I've mentioned before but the only issue I've had with Chapman Horsham is that they "couldn't" honor my Farm Bureau discount as well as the Maverick Price protection even after they told me to sign up for it. $90 wasted. Also my truck was delivered to me with 22 miles on the clock (this is my first new vehicle purchase so I'm not sure if that's normal).

Matt Hille worked with me to get everything taken care of and he helped me hold the truck there for a few weeks while I was on vacation and also while I could secure a shipper.
most new vehicles get delivered with 2X miles, anything over 30 and someone had fun with it...... but 20 ish is normal.

The lowest I have seen was my GF X5 which was delivered with 16 miles, anyways there is no such thing as a "zero" miles vehicle.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Keeping them both? (The Mavericks, I assume you ARE keeping your wife and son...)
I am selling the Silver Maverick and keeling the VB. Plus, I am
purchasing a “work car.” Just hit 10k on the Silver Mav.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm guessing mine was used as a test drive/errand running truck until I was able to take it. That would explain the crumbs and minor scratches inside/outside.
Both of mine were at 20 miles brand new (different dealers). It’s totally normal they have to go through factory checks. People are insufferable.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OK so I'm considering the farm bureau thing I talked to my dealer and they said they would honor it
I looked at their website you have to contact them by email... directly there isn't a form or something or did I go to the wrong place https://www.fb.org/about/join. I can see them getting an email from a guy with no farm who just wants to join to get $500 off his truck and being laughed off.
Of course I don't have my xl hybrid truck yet or do I have a build date or anything even though I ordered it June 25th!!
I wouldn't join this thing till I know my truck is coming which I don't anticipate it coming any time soon if ever....
Other forum members have joined in IL because the membership is cheaper so you may want to look into that. Each state is different. Keep in mind that you have to be a member for at least 30 days before you can generate the rebate certificate. The newest thing I learned from another thread is that if you are going to ask for the price protection on your truck (since you ordered in 2021) joining now won’t work because you will need a certificate from 2021.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other forum members have joined in IL because the membership is cheaper so you may want to look into that. Each state is different. Keep in mind that you have to be a member for at least 30 days before you can generate the rebate certificate. The newest thing I learned from another thread is that if you are going to ask for the price protection on your truck (since you ordered in 2021) joining now won’t work because you will need a certificate from 2021.
It's not true, many of us were able to generate the certificate within 4 days or so
Sponsored

Reactions: Aza