Maverick FLEXBED Features & Specs

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Let's face it... The integrated bottle opener is THE most important feature on this truck.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's face it... The integrated bottle opener is THE most important feature on this truck.
Can I be the D&R engineer for the bottle opener? ;)

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
For a bed newbie and someone that will haul the occasional furniture or light tools, what's the difference between drop in vs spray liner? Pros and cons?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For a bed newbie and someone that will haul the occasional furniture or light tools, what's the difference between drop in vs spray liner? Pros and cons?
I've used drop in aftermarket & also factory installed bed liners in a couple Rangers + a spray in liner on our 2018 F-150. The old complaints about drop in were they can trap moisture and rust your bed unseen. Not sure on that- never saw it. I did see scuff marks in the paint (clearcoat only, maybe) on the floor when I removed an after market liner to sell my truck. Factory installed may fix all that- dunno. Also the ribbed floor can get quite slippery on hard plastic versions when you add a little moisture. Learned that the hard way unloading a dirt bike and the front brake became useless to slow things going backwards. So that is the "cons" I know of there. The pros are: protection against dents and scrapes and removable any time if you want. Easy hose down clean up of spilled dirt, sand from dirty beach stuff or muddy off road toys.

Spray in is more expensive and permanent. Better grip even if wet. Unfortunately, it makes it harder to slide stuff in from tailgale like cardboard boxes of unassembled shelving, furniture, etc. Bags of concrete tear instead of slide. Stepping stones, cinder blocks don't slide well, etc. for loading/unloading. The 1 surprise we had getting spray liner applied after sale was they have to sand your entire bed down to bare metal which removes all your brand new paint you just paid for!

You can always buy without a drop in liner and use the bed floor liner mat instead, then increment upwards if needed to drop in hard liner, or even spray in. Good part about that is the spray in at later date will cover any scratches or dings you made in the original paint...

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drop-in is cheaper and usually removeable. More of a friendly surface, so it won't scuff what you're hauling. But it's also easier for stuff to slide around, so have to take care to tie down. Also more likely to show scuffs after years of use.

Spray-in is permanent, more premium-looking, and very durable. More abrasive surface so stuff is less likely to slide, but also need to watch that you don't scuff what you're loading. Certain chemicals may leave a residue or stain that will have to be scrubbed/power-washed out. Personally I love my spray-in bedliner, I'd never own a truck without it.

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
I've owned pick-ups with both 8' and 6.5' beds...so my opinion comes from the stand point of someone that is a space snob.

With that said, I think that the bed in the Maverick is brilliant. It's small...but oh so useful. Well done Ford. It's really perfect for my needs.

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Based on the pictures that I have seen the Bed is already Black plastic material, unless I am missing something? If that is the case why do you need anything else?

Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on the pictures that I have seen the Bed is already Black plastic material, unless I am missing something? If that is the case why do you need anything else?
All the media pictures feature a spray-in bedliner. Baseline is just a bare painted metal bed.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
The team that designed & researched the bed options/capabilities just seem to have nailed every single thing. Only thing id add is some sort of secure retractable tonneau cover.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for everyone's instructions. Now I think a spray-in + a tarp can help me cope well.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The team that designed & researched the bed options/capabilities just seem to have nailed every single thing. Only thing id add is some sort of secure retractable tonneau cover.

Add a cap with windows and screens, use 2x4's to frame a pillow, and you have enough room for an Irish Wolfhound.
Sponsored