rossboss

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger XLT 4.0L V6 4x4 | 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excited about the Maverick! Efficient and capable, exactly what I've been looking for. I see a lot of potential in the FLEXBED. Ford has already embraced the DIY thing with guides on installing your own bed lighting, bike rack, and some other ideas. With the accessible 12V lines and attachment points, I think we can do a lot with it. I would certainly be interested in integrating an Arduino or other microcontroller to make some next-level accessories.

-LED bed lighting with brightness control, changing colors, etc.
-small water pump and tank
-sound system
-bed drawers with lighting
-tool storage
-ladder rack for carrying long materials
-mobile, attachable lights for ground lighting

Any other ideas for FLEXBED mods?

Ford Maverick FLEXBED Mod Ideas? 1633877070053
Sponsored

SactoJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0EB First Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to get some 2X4s and a piece of plywood cut to fit the bed on the upper lip. The 2x4s will sit in the horizontal slots with the plywood on top. I will paint them all with Bed liner paint, once built.

I am hoping to make a double deck bed for when I go on my fishing trips on the long range boats out of San Diego or when I go over to the Bodega Bay to jump on my buddy's boat for fishing an crabbing. My rods and tackle bags can go underneath, with the rods in rod tubes that I will build out of PVC and then my ice chests and other gear can go on top. Basically a DIY version of the deck bed they sell at https://decked.com/