clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My main beef with the backup camera is that it gets dirty very easily, any decent rain storm will make it unusable. The other issue is, when I have the tailgate down, the thing points straight down at the ground. An F250 I drive for work does that too though, so maybe thats just a truck "feature".
I just had a silly thought. Could you use a tiny mirror, on a hinge with an adjustable angle, on a magnet, and stick it on the tailgate and have it bounce light at the right angle… hmm would it all be upside down? Nevermind I need coffee
Sponsored

molash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy equinox LS 1989 corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen some reviews stating that the quality of the Maverick backup camera is not that good. As I am still waiting on my order, for those of you that have a Maverick, what are your thoughts on the backup camera and the image quality? Is the camera upgradable via aftermarket options?
I would think that the camera, screen&software are connected. The image is ok,could be better but let's you know who or what is behind the vehicle when in reverse.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen some reviews stating that the quality of the Maverick backup camera is not that good. As I am still waiting on my order, for those of you that have a Maverick, what are your thoughts on the backup camera and the image quality? Is the camera upgradable via aftermarket options?
its honestly fine. Its not the highest quality camera in the world. But it does its job. We have a 2020 kia sorento, and a 2018 kia rio. The mav camera and display is better than both.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In the "old'n days" we used to turn our shoulders and head to the right rear and look back with our eyes. We would also utilize all of the mirrors. Apparently that doesn't work anymore because why else would the federal government get involved with mandates.
OMG! I bet you had to shift the gears for yourself, as well! The horror of it all!

Sponsored

winterlong

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick / EB XTL FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep...it's crappy! My '16 CrossTrek was about the same and the camera in our Ascent is much more clear!

Not that big of a deal for an inexpensive vehicle and I don't notice it now... except when I drive the Ascent.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I've got the Lariat Lux pkg with Sync3, and I have zero issues with the clarity of the rear view camera. I'm pretty sure it's the XL/XLT display that is "low resolution" and not the camera. Regardless, unless you're trying to read the labels on your trailer hitch as you back up, the resolution on the XL/XLT is acceptable as well.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I've got the Lariat Lux pkg with Sync3, and I have zero issues with the clarity of the rear view camera. I'm pretty sure it's the XL/XLT display that is "low resolution" and not the camera. Regardless, unless you're trying to read the labels on your trailer hitch as you back up, the resolution on the XL/XLT is acceptable as well.
XL, XLT, and Lariat without Lariat Luxury Package, to be precise.
Sponsored