Not open for further replies.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I got my Mav in December. I love it. Threw some stuff in the back, took it on minor trips, the whole nine.

But…… I’m kinda eh. I researched the hell out of it. Drove all over NC wanting to sit in one and drive one. Did all of the research in the world.
But now, I find myself struggling to get comfortable in the front seat with my kids in the back. I find myself just ok with it.

I want to love it.

I really do.

But I test drove a Telluride with my wife, and I just felt all the fun and comfort that I struggle to find with the Mav.

That and I have $14k in equity.

I’m probably going to get rid of it soon.

Oh, well. It is what it is. 🙂
Sponsored

OP
OP
jcsan18

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Comparing the maverick to a massive SUV, is uhhh, odd.
And you’re right.

But I’m not some newbie that just started reading about the Mav. I joined last year, ordered in June, waited 6 months.

The more time goes by, the more I realize that I don’t need a pickup, and I find myself missing the extra room in the front, which I thought I wouldn’t miss.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparing the maverick to a massive SUV, is uhhh, odd.
indeed

I hope that I LOVE it. If I'm not feelin' it, I might have to trade it for a Cayman RS4.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my Mav in December. I love it. Threw some stuff in the back, took it on minor trips, the whole nine.

But…… I’m kinda eh. I researched the hell out of it. Drove all over NC wanting to sit in one and drive one. Did all of the research in the world.
But now, I find myself struggling to get comfortable in the front seat with my kids in the back. I find myself just ok with it.

I want to love it.

I really do.

But I test drove a Telluride with my wife, and I just felt all the fun and comfort that I struggle to find with the Mav.

Our other car is a Telluride and it is awesome!!! There is a ton of room inside and it rides like it’s on a cloud. It’s the best vehicle we’ve ever owned…. Have a new 23 Telluride on order right now, trading in our 20 almost even up for the new one.
Ford Maverick Man, I want to love it….. 77C218EE-4EC8-4369-A02A-DDC4B04D643D

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a couple of lumbar supports, which really help improve the comfort for me on longer trips.

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I want to love it.

I really do.

I ordered my Mav last June and got it in March. In January (before the Mav) arrived, I realized what you’re feeling would happen and I placed an order for a Telluride. I had to go 2 states over to find one I could order for MSRP. I still don’t have a VIN, so it feels like the Mav order all over again! But yeah, I like the Maverick, but it’s just not going to work for even moderate family trips.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I want to love it.

I really do.

Tellurides are nice! We have a sorento… definitely a better family vehicle lol i dont think thats what they designed the maverick to be lol ps, comparing a telluride to a maverick is kinda like comparing an audi to a VW… lol a telluride base price is double the mavericks lol i get you though. if it was our primary vehicle i wouldn’t be getting a maverick for our family of 4 lol

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Telluride is 4 inches shorter than the Maverick.
Interesting, I didn't realize total length was the one and only metric in the determination of vehicle size. I was referring to the fact that the Telluride is a completely different category of vehicle; one with a 3rd row, weighing 600-900lbs more, and starting at twice the price.

IMO, it's pretty odd to compare and cross-shop such different vehicles.

Last edited:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm afraid I might end up in the same boat. The mav seems like the vehicle I've wanted for literally decades, but since I ordered it back in October we had to get an extra vehicle for my kids to drive in the summer. Wound up buying an old explorer and I'm liking it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. It's big, roomy and kind of cushy inside. Very comfortable to drive around in it. I think I might be going into that phase of life where you value comfort over performance.

The tellurides are very nice. We had a kia sedona years ago and although it was a pig on wheels, it was a very comfortable pig.

Reactions: bgn

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1992, should I buy a minivan or sedan? Got the minivan and had it 10 years. Traded when it self destructed. Then Jetta TDI then 4 in a succession of Mini Coopers and now the Mav. I've been all over. Mav seems to be a keeper as well. 6200 miles and counting.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll cross shop very different vehicles with the Maverick because my real need is not so much for a truck as a shorter AWD vehicle. I've looked at dramatically different MSRP, different lengths, etc. Everything from a Kona AWD, to a Santa Cruz, to a Bronco Sport, to a Defender 90, to an ID4 AWD.

Just my personal way of classifying vehicles, and not for everyone. I'm a real fan of short vehicles with great turning circles. Which is probably why I owned three Kia Souls (164" long) and three Miatas (154" long). I just hate long vehicles, which feel like oil tankers in a congested area.

I guess I'm more European than American that way. The folks on the continent look on in horror at the gargantuan vehicles Americans drive. I'm buying a Maverick under protest only because nobody (currently) sells anything with a bed that's shorter.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1992, should I buy a minivan or sedan? Got the minivan and had it 10 years. Traded when it self destructed. Then Jetta TDI then 4 in a succession of Mini Coopers and now the Mav. I've been all over. Mav seems to be a keeper as well. 6200 miles and counting.
I always wanted a Mini. If the Mini BEV had just another 50 miles range and AWD, I'd be all over that. I had a friend who owned a Mini and he always had a smile getting out of it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.