First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:):) It has been raining since i took delivery of my Maverick. Yesterday it was 90+ degrees and the SUN was shining. After washing my (Area 51, Hybrid, Lux, 360) truck I decided to take a spin. When i returned home I realized that my sunglass compartment would not open. :):)

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
Can’t take credit. But this is supposed fix it.

Ford Maverick Major Issue with NEW Maverick DD719156-E6CD-4DCD-83B1-5D176CD59E16

Last edited:

Mavhead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan versa
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:):) It has been raining since i took delivery of my Maverick. Yesterday it was 90+ degrees and the SUN was shining. After washing my (Area 51, Hybrid, Lux, 360) truck I decided to take a spin. When i returned home I realized that my sunglass compartment would not open. :):)

That's what you get for not just going with the moon roof and getting rid of the sunglass holder.

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine's as smooth as glass, maybe they got the April shipments right? 😁

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Two words...*Duct Tape".

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

😂😂😂😂Jolly Joker 😉😉😉😉 Thanks for the chuckle -
I hope it all
works out and soon. ✔

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gosh! I've had my Maverick for two months and never even noticed that compartment.
Apparently that's just as well.

Sponsored

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny opening post and replies. But on a more serious note, I have never owned a vehicle that the overhead sunglass holder could be trusted. Every single one has held a pair of my sunglasses hostage for some length of time. So I just never use sunglass holder, no matter the make and model of the car.

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting...I have only sat in one Mav...an XLT sans the sunroof. I happened to try the sunglass holder...no dice. Would not open.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was on the fence... DO I want a moon roof or a sunglasses holder? I am glad I went with the moon roof now instead of upgrading to the sunglasses holder. I haven't had mine stick in the closed or open position once.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now would be a good time to brush up on the lemon laws in your state. Here in Arizona if they have to keep it in the shop for more than 30 days, you get a new vehicle.
Dude, you could hand craft one out of fine wood and rich Corinthian leather that fits and works perfectly in 30 days. If they can’t fix a sunglasses holder in 30 days, it’s time to torch that vehicle and start over. :)

In SC it used to be if you had to take a new car in 3 times for the same problem, it was a lemon. My ’88 Dodge Daytona actually fell into that category. They ultimately rewired the front end, so the headlights would work correctly. I didn’t know about the lemon law until after it was fixed.
Sponsored