Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Yes small truck like the Maverick was a risky move for North America. Ford could not have anticipate the overwhelming demand.

As for poster not happy about them being built in Mexico. Mexico has free trade agreements with many Latin American countries. Makes sense for a small pickup plant to be in Mexico.

Having said that. Ford now knows there is North America demand and could set up another Maverick line in the US. Or Canada! Think about it Ford!
American company should be supporting American workers. Makes nosense at all it's built in Mexico. It's sad when the foreign car companies have more American components then our legacy automobile companies.
Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All cars must have them in Brazil. It's a law.
A couple questions.
1) I know your mirrors have turn signals, but the parts description for the mirror says it also has puddle lights and that they can fold in. Can you confirm that?
2). Does your truck come with seat memory?

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

American companies should be supporting American workers. Makes no sense at all that it's built in Mexico. It's sad when the foreign car companies have more American components then our legacy automobile companies.
Exactly, foreign car companies treat Americans better. Ford should have all taxpayer subsidies, and tax breaks removed, and also anything coming in from Mexico should be tariffed to encourage domestic production. Ford has not paid federal corporate taxes in 10 out of the last 13 years, how is that fair with the profits they make. States like Michigan have crushed because they moved it south of the border. If they want to sell trucks down there, go ahead, just dont send them back.

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys, my name is Lucas and I just got my Maverick.

They just arrived in Brazil and they are a rare sight, so I looked in the internet for information and find you. For that, thank you very much, you helped a lot.

Mine is a Lariat FX4 (the only version who came to Brazil) in Lyse Blue. It's a little dirt, but I hope you like.

-Mods

Scoop / Wheel archers / bed rack / tonneau cover - All Ford, installed at dealership

Yokohama Geolander G105 245/70 on 17' stock wheels
1.5 in spacers (front and back)
No lift

Painted the front grill in Black
Darkened the front and rear light with PPF by Stek
Window filme on all 4 windows by Stek
Darkened the front and rear Ford logos
Painted all brake callipers in black
Maverick logo on scoop

2022-06-29 17.04.29.jpg
2022-06-09 14.31.04.jpg
2022-06-10 10.21.35.jpg
2022-06-29 17.04.41.jpg
2022-06-29 17.05.51.jpg
2022-06-29 17.06.20.jpg
2022-06-29 17.05.11.jpg
Hola- I live in Mexico and installed a set of Geolanders 245/65/17 with no mods and I'm happy to say they run great. No rubbing or pinching at all and a total game changer on the sand. Geolanders are awesome tires and not regularly seen in the USA markets. Love your mods- they look great!

Czl04

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Exactly, foreign car companies treat Americans better. Ford should have all taxpayer subsidies, and tax breaks removed, and also anything coming in from Mexico should be tariffed to encourage domestic production. Ford has not paid federal corporate taxes in 10 out of the last 13 years, how is that fair with the profits they make. States like Michigan have crushed because they moved it south of the border. If they want to sell trucks down there, go ahead, just dont send them back.
I'm fine with the corp tax breaks as long as they are doing their business here and supporting the American People!

Sponsored

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
American company should be supporting American workers. Makes nosense at all it's built in Mexico. It's sad when the foreign car companies have more American components then our legacy automobile companies.
I'll take "I Don't Understand the Free Market" for $200, Alex...

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful what you wish for, Ford, as so many others is not just a US company, they are multinational, with investments and investors in many parts of the world.
A huge issue in many companies in the US and Canada is finding workers at any reasonable cost.

If producing all of the components and assembly of said components in the US was actually managed would you be willing to pay way more the vehicle? Maybe twice?

This is the same across many industries.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DarkMaverick

DarkMaverick

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
A couple questions.
1) I know your mirrors have turn signals, but the parts description for the mirror says it also has puddle lights and that they can fold in. Can you confirm that?
Good question!
1 - I checked the truck and i don't have any kind of puddle lights.
Ford Maverick Lyse Blue Maverick Build From Brazil 20220702_110251

2 - No seat memory either. But I don't need that, since my wife always remember the position the seat and if I move it a inch it'll ask me WHO WAS HERE?

Hola- I live in Mexico and installed a set of Geolanders 245/65/17 with no mods and I'm happy to say they run great. No rubbing or pinching at all and a total game changer on the sand. Geolanders are awesome tires and not regularly seen in the USA markets. Love your mods- they look great!
Thanks. I liked my tires very much too. Good traction in asphalt, dirt and wet. Looks very good. And, since they are slightly smaller (0.1 in smaller, to be precise) they fit the truck better than Toyos or BFG.

How can we petition to get those bed rails in the US?!
Hey Ford US, where are you?

Yep. It sucks, but it's the way it is.

In the last year Ford has been very criticized in Brazil. They had been present here for ages and it's one of the 4 most traditional brands for ages (the others are Chevy, Fiat and VW) but they decided to close all the factory and just become a importer, building they cars somewhere else (Mexico) and selling in dealerships. A lot of people got mad and are very suspicious of buying Fords now.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hola Stupak, do you know if the chase rails like the one on the bed of this Maverick is available for order in Mexico?

CA$H

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CASH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple questions.
Did you find a part number for these mirrors Dallas Maverick? I'd like to find a way to order them.

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you wonder why your preorder from last summer didnt come, they ended up in Brazil and Canada instead... Well done Ford, well done!! Wonder how much tax incentives we give them to be globalist instead of national interests first. Sad its built in Mexico in the first place, nothing against them but it should be build in Michigan.
Sigh.. Another red neck lib
Could someone please change the channel from Fox/CNN back to the Auto channel?

Last edited: